1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should the saved "care" about the lost going to Hades and Gehenna?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Van, Jan 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If a person never was exposed to the gospel, thus having never "reject" the saving grace of God, are they thus not eternally damned? You really should learn what the bible says, because you appear to promote alternate views.

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You hold false doctrines, i.e. the TULI of the TULIP. Your idiotic claims about what I believe, without quotes are simply manufactured falsehoods indicating a lack of love of truth.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again the Calvinist asks subject change questions, in an effort to hide Calvinism's falsehoods. Note the fiction that God commands people to do what He has prevented them from doing. This is the god of Calvinism's invention, not the God of the Bible.

Note the phrase "fair of God" in quotes? As if I used the term! Talk about manufacturing strawman arguments!!!

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you actually think there is no difference between Hades and Gehenna? Give me a break...

5. 5 point Gillinist

5 point Gillinist Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I mean Ephesians 1:4-5 Seems pretty cut and dried that He predestined us to adoption as His sons - I frankly don't understand what you are trying to say in your first point, maybe you could clarify that for me.

What exactly is your gospel? Is it not by grace through faith in Christ? That seems to be the heart of the issue. Whether you view who is saved by the reformed perspective or not - what is the gospel, and how is what we preach different? This is just a rabid anti-reformed talking point.

Men harden their hearts against God and God further hardens them as a judgement, we see the same thing with Pharaoh - it is not either or.

Given is later used in V.39. Yet even with "gives" in the present tense we know from the rest of scripture that those whom come to Christ have already been chosen. The whole counsel of God is useful in these matters.

You bash what doesn't conform to your traditions - you make a nonessential an essential.

The topic is "should we care about the lost going to hell," I have stated yes we should, we do this through preaching the gospel, not getting on internet forums and ranting about Calvinism (isn't there a dedicated forum for this anyway?).

Exactly - which is what I referenced.

#25 5 point Gillinist, Jan 12, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, everyone God places into Christ and then seals in Christ with the Holy Spirit, has God's "pledge" of bodily redemption at Christ' second coming. What you read into the text is that individuals were predestined before creation, rather than after being chosen for salvation during their lifetime.

My first point explains why scripture requires that the election of Ephesians 1:4 (chose us in Him) refers to a corporate rather than individual election.

My gospel is the gospel of Christ, not the gospel of Calvinism.

You said "through faith" yet Calvinism's doctrine is "not through faith." Calvinism says our election was unconditional, but scripture says (2 Thessalonians 2:13) we were chosen for salvation through faith in the truth.

I support every "rabid anti-reformed talking point" from scripture. Have you address what I said?

Yes both men and God harden hearts. None of that would be found in scripture if the result of the Fall brought "total spiritual inability." The question, once again, is why did God harden hearts in Romans 11 if they were already hardened? Your "further judgement" is fiction without biblical support. He hardens to prevent them from believing.

Your "those who come to God have already been chosen" assertion is gibberish. What did you mean by "come to God?" One, it could mean to place our faith in God and His Christ, or two, it could mean to be placed spiritually into Christ. John 6:37 refers to being placed into Christ, thus the promise not to cast out.

I bash Calvinism's false doctrines (T,U,L &I of the TULIP), not the essential biblical doctrines.

Finally, you complain about my behavior, rather than addressing the topic.

#26 Van, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  7. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God calls ALL to repent and believe, and then He has already chosen those He wants to save, before they can repent and believe! :Roflmao This is the RUBBISH that the reformed/calvinist keep on spouting! It is not only NONSENSE, but completely UNBIBLICAL! :eek:

I have said that many times, John 3:16-18 DESTROYS the TULI in TULIP! There is not one reformed commentary or theological work that can really answer this. :Biggrin

8. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    you mean "reformed/calvinists" UNBIBLICAL "traditions"?

9. 5 point Gillinist

Faith:
    Baptist
    Having spent some time going through the forum this AM, it would seem that your whole reason for being on the board is to bloviate about Calvinism. Every thread I have seen you in you either accuse someone of being a Calvinist if they disagree with you, or you hijack the thread to yell about Calvinism - if this is what you choose to do with your time feel free. I see it as a pointless endeavor though to try and tell you what I believe, being as you have determined that you already know and are unwilling to have a genuine conversation.
    I plan on going out to a local abortion mill tomorrow and preach the gospel of hope to those who come to murder their children. I plan to offer them help in physical needs, and tell them about their spiritual need - you, meanwhile, will be here telling everyone what you have said ad nauseam, that Calvinism is heresy.

#29 5 point Gillinist, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    WOW, more DOUBLE-TALK! God expects ALL to BELIEVE, but this does not really matter, because God will still reject them! What Bible are you using?

11. 5 point Gillinist

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah that is not what Calvinism/the bible teaches. God calls all to believe, but in their hardened spiritually dead state they refuse, and simultaneously cannot because of their slavery to and love for sin.
    Feel free to twist that.

12. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Much of Calvinism on slavation, IS heresy, because it pushes THEOLOGY rather than what the Bible says. They are WRESTERS of Scripture, and attack what the Bible actually says, when God is clear, that He desires that NOT ONE sinner were to perish, but that ALL should repent and belive and get saved!

The Book of Jonah is the best on God's GREAT Love and Mercy, for a people that were thoroughly wicked, and haters of Israel, and YET God sent Jonah with the Gospel of their salvation. Jonah was initially a "calvinist", because he objected that God could actually LOVE the "non elect", and desire their salvation!

There is MUCH the open-minded Calvinist can learn about the Great God of the Bible, from this Book, only if they would open their hearts and minds to what the Bible says, and not theology!

13. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    WHY could God call ALL to believe, when the Calvinist teach that Saving Faith is a Gift from God, given only to the elect? Are you a Calvinist/Reformed? How can God Justly condemn those who do not believe, as it says in John 3:18, and elsewhere, when He does not give them this Saving faith in the first place? What you have written on this thread, shows your great lack of understanding of what the Bible teaches on salvation, like your misuse of Ephesians 1!

14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) This post addresses my behavior - "your whole reason for being on this board is to bloviate..."
    2) Not one comment as to the obvious flaws of Calvinism.

This is the sum and substance of the defense of Calvinism's false doctrines, attack the character and qualifications of the opponent. Note the words, bloviate, hijack, ad nauseam...

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The man-centered Calvinist doctrine makes God responsible for the lost going into eternal punishment, scripture indicates some of the lost might be saved through effective witness. For example, some people would have repented had they seen the miracles Jesus performed elsewhere. Or the fields are white with harvest.

Do the lost, living today, have an opportunity for salvation, or is the outcome of their life a foregone conclusion? Calvinism says "a foregone conclusion" but scripture says the kingdom of God is at hand.

Calvinist doctrine claims the lost have no opportunity to choose life, because the outcome of their life is a foregone conclusion.
    Not the gospel of Christ...

Mark 1:15
    and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”

According to Calvinism, Jesus is mistaken as the lost are not able to repent or believe.

According to Calvinism, the good news is an illusion, as there is no opportunity for salvation among those previously consigned to Hades and Gehenna. Jesus says "seek God" but Calvinism says no lost person ever seeks God.

On and on folks, two very different gospels...

16. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ROFL!!! ...and the new guy figured this out in one day!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We need to explore why folks might not actually love the lost. What if they they believe God already consigned the lost to Hades and Gehenna?

2 Thessalonians 2:10
    He (the Man of Lawlessness) will use every kind of evil deception to fool those on their way to destruction, because they refuse to love and accept the truth that would save them.

Being on the way to destruction does not suggest destruction is a forgone conclusion. Jesus came to save that which is lost.

If God has foreordained who will be saved, and thus everyone else is de facto ordained to Hades and Gehenna, then the message of the gospel is misleading. If you were chosen before creation, then the gospel is good news, otherwise it is the news you were consigned to eternal punishment apart from God.

Luke 6:27
    “But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Ask yourself this question, did Jesus have the power to forgive the sin of the lost, to take away the sin of the world, if God had already ordained who would not be forgiven?
    Matthew 9:6
    “But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—then He *said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, pick up your stretcher and go home.”

Did Jesus bring a message of hope or futility?

18. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

No corporate election in the NT, as that was under the Old Covenant relationship with Israel. and Jesus died for individual sinners, in their stead, not for a plan!

19. JesusFan

Are those in hell eternally condemned then?

20. JesusFan

I hold to the full Tulip

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.