1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should the USA declare war on Iran?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by church mouse guy, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That only delights the warmongers.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This statement is as idiotic and blatantly false as the other part of your post.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. I look at terrorism as the logical extension of war. Our job is to protect our national security interests, be it against terrorists or freedom fighters, we must protect our interests. The world is evil. Someone will dominate and be the superpower. If we leave our enemies to grow, they will become that super power. I would rather it be us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iran will be part of the "Gog-Magog" invasion of Israel. Thus, I don't thing there'll be any large-scale war between Iran & the US at this time, as this would result in Iran's devastation.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see, how can I say this nicely.

Baloney!

6. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are no US troops in the middle-east going good. And, the US military at half its current size would still be by far strong enough to protect American freedom.

A terrorist targets civilians for political change. A freedom fighter targets government units for liberty. But, yes, "terrorist" is mostly used as a propaganda term for people fighting against US aggression.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The great problem is inordinate support for the 1948 nation of Israel, as if Biblical prophecy predicted the event, & anticipated that event before Jesus returns for resurrection & judgment. There is no such teaching from Jesus & the Apostles.

That support is costly particularly to US taxpayers & the Palestinian people, also to the nations that have been destroyed because they are deemed a thread to Israel.. European Jews are not all of Abrahamic descent, & if they were, their corruption negates that descent, as both John & Jesus taught them.

Mat. 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

John 8:
    39 “Abraham is our father,” they answered.

“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would[fn] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.”

“We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
    That is no reason for "Christians" to persecute Jews - or any non-believers. We have the Gospel for them. If they reject the Gospel, they face God's judgment. But as far as we are concerned, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, atheists, etc, are people made in the image of God and are commanded to repent & believe the Gospel. Politically they should be allowed to lived & worship in peace.

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What part of the Iranians chanting in their streets, "Death to America" don't you get?

...And WHO you calling "terrorists" , BOY, our soldiers or our people? [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only if you interpret it that way.
    Correct. But the article ends...
    Let's fix that last line:
    Militant Islam in Iran proved to be an even more abusive threat to freedom than communism.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The US sanctions against Iran is an act of war. People do die from sanctions. Iran is doing no harm to the US.

Iranians can chant death to America, but they hardly have a means to do us much harm. These Americans who call for war against Iran have a military that can cause great harm.

Iran's words are harmless. American words calling for war are of the Devil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How naive and idiotic. Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism and have taken part in having us military killed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Baloney to you.
    War is war. We have tried to give war rules and make it nice and humane. Others do not subscribe to our rules. They are fighting to win. They fight with the best weapons available to them. They are fighting for their idea of freedom. I do not blame them for fighting to win. If you are going to fight, fight using the tactics of total warfare. They fight the way they think best gives them the chance to win. Likewise, we should fight back against them with the same un-restrained total warfare tactics they use. We should choose our wars very closely, but when we decide to fight we should scorch earth and unleash Hell of Biblical proportions on our enemies. They fly a plane into a building, we should pop a nuke on their largest city.

13. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Terrorists target civiluans for many reasons. Extending the battlefield is their major goal

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What terrorist attacks against the US has Iran sponsored which has your panties in a bunch?

15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We can start with the Marine bombing in Beirut that killed 241 Americans. This was done by Hezbollah, as directed by Iran.

The bombing of the US Beirut embassy in 1984. Again, Hezbollah, as directed by Iran. 24 people killed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, so you want to bomb Iran in 2019 for an event that happened in 1984? Dogs of war don't need much justification for war.

How about when the US sponsored a full-scale war by Iraq against Iran, and even furnished Iraq with WMDs to use against Iran? Doesn't that give Iran the right to nuke the US?

Bombing US troops in their territory is terrorism? Why's that, because they didn't use a multi-million dollar missile?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You asked about terrorist attacks Iran committed against the US.

I answered.

As far as bombing Iran in 2019 I answered that much earlier in this very thread. The answer was no.

Please try harder to keep up with the conversation.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our soldiers are being used to inflict terrorism on countries our politicians don't like. The war mongering politicians are the terrorists - NOT our soldiers. And how many of our politicians were draft dodgers?

I lived through WW2 - the nearest bomb destroyed a house 40 feet away from me. I lived in a town devastated by bombing.

19. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The simple truth is that is that it isn't because "our politicians don't like" other countries but that they rightfully consider them a threat as per my example of Iranians shouting death to America. If they could attack us on our land they would and it is our responsibility to keep them from ever achieving that. To suggest the reason is so simplistic as "our" politicians (do you even live in this country?) not liking them is rather childish and displays a lack of loyalty to "our" country.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A rabble shouting "death to America" is not an expression of Iranian government policy. Declaring war on Iran, as in this thread, would be an expression of US government policy. It would be a result of the rejection of an international agreement than US has unilaterally rejected.

The imposing of punitive sanctions is also government policy, & it hurts ordinary people more than the leaders.

I don't live in USA I live in England. But I do not approve of UK politicians siding with the US in such disputes. Nor do I approve of the antics our our NY born Prime Minister.

My concern is with people who suffer as a result of international disputes, including soldiers who have to obey orders to bomb cities & kill innocent people. [Innocent as not involved in the dispute, not without sin.]