1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should the USA declare war on Iran?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by church mouse guy, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don’t worry about your NY born Prime Minister, worry instead about losing your identity as a country, which may lead to losing your country. You allow a mayor to make hostile & disrespectful statements to a US president, but when things go south you’ll be expecting this president to save your bacon. Why should he/we? If you can’t show some gumption to do the right thing, you’re on your own, in my opinion. Some in your country get it, & THAT is why you have your current PM. Some in Australia get it too, I got a charge out of this guy ripping the brainwashed kids about climate protests:WATCH: Australian Broadcaster Takes Down the Spoiled Climate Protesting Students In Epic Fashion
    Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Armchair murderers desire to facilitate the deaths of innocent people through nonsense arguments and propaganda. The truth is not in them. It's impossible for me to reconcile someone as a follower of Christ who cites some protesters chanting "death to America" as an excuse for American acts of war against Iran. They're chanting "death to America" because of US acts of war against Iran.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is just ignorant lumping everyone who holds to a futurist view into the same extreme camp. That's not fair, honest, or accurate.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m starting to get it that back in the day (in my time back in the day always means Viet Nam) some conscientious objectors may have actually been sincere, thanks to reading posts by Shoostie. Frankly, I always thought they were just cowards looking for a way out. I still do. These arguments don’t carry water for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. The United States should not declare war on Iran. That said, the United States has the duty to protect its national security interests. Does anyone think that if the world community does nothing to check Iran that somehow peace will break out in Persia and they will all join hands and sing Kumbaya? Iran is sworn to the destruction of Israel and to propagate it's extreme form of theonomic Islam throughout Europe, Asia, and Africa. With it's recent attack on Saudi Arabia's oil refineries, Iran has proven it can threaten a significant portion of world oil production. Also, it's pursuit of nuclear weapons only increases it's destructive capacity.

I approve of President Trump's immediate response to Iran's Saudi Arabia attack by tightening economic sanctions. That is a reasonable first step. However, if sanctions fail there are only two choices available. 1. Ignore Iran and allow them to continue with their long term plan. 2. Destroy and degrade their ability to wage war and acquire nuclear weapons.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is there even a question of whether the US should declare war on Iran? Iran hasn't attacked the US! Armchair murderers want war so they're always beating war drums and are always trying to provoke other countries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I feel sorry for you. How miserable you must be.

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You'd best watch your tongue calling people here "armchair murderers"!! Perhaps try talking to people as if you were face to face instead of hiding behind a computer screen.

Your fallacious argument is nothing more than question begging your conclusions to be true while throwing out an Ad Hominem which questions the salvation of anyone that disagrees with you. (a violation of the rules!)

Your accusation which tries to dishonestly pretend that one example is the base of my argument speaks for itself, as a lie! I said if they could attack attack they would and it is our responsibility to make sure they never achieve that. That is one premise of many, but it seems you have problems with following and dealing with more than one premise at a time and prefer to resort to personal attacks when you argue. You might want to examine your own Christian standing with such behavior! Further, it is Radical Islamist calling for our death and certainly not just our military, they believe it is their religious duty to exterminate us! Me thinks you can't reason beyond your own nose...

yeah right, cutting off their funding so they can't continue to build nukes to threaten the world is an evil act of war. Got it. [​IMG]

9. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Killing for any reason other than self-defense is murder. Unnecessarily provoking hostilities (acts of war) in others and then killing them is murder. People who sit at home trying to provoke non-defensive wars are armchair murderers.

And, yet we've let North Korea, Israel, Pakistan, India, and others are producing nukes. Why didn't we go to war to stop them? Why don't we go to war to take their nukes away? Armchair murderers lie and claim Iran is a nuclear threat. Iran doesn't have a nuclear weapons program. And, it doesn't take war, or acts of war, to stop Iran from having a nuclear weapons program.

Blessed be the peacemakers. Thou shalt not murder. My Christian standing is just fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm saying it is a form of self defense. Not sure why you can’t comprehend that? Not sure why you avoid the arguments made against you to form a true conclusion before you spout off calling your opponents' murderers, but it speaks for itself to your character. What, you want to wait until these thugs own and use weapons of mass destruction before we take away their ability to do so?/ Not too smart…
    “Unnecessarily provoking”? By taking away their ability to terrorize the world? I suppose if I punched a commonly known bully that was in my face threatening me square in his nose, you’d call that unprovoked too followed by calling me a bully? If you did, I’d have to question your sympathies that love evil and call it good.

You are like talking to a wall because its pretty clear you either didn’t understand the fallacy of question begging your conclusion and to follow once again repeating the same argument with an Ad Hominem is the immature argument of a fool.

Two or more wrongs doesn’t male a right, again your reasoning fails. Learn some basic logic and critical thinking skills, would ya? And followed again with another your cowardess name calling.

People who don’t have a real argument use Ad hominem as per another of your great examples. Iran is not only doing everything they can to develop nuclear weapons but lying about it while they do it and were aggressively campaigning around the world spreading terrorism, yet you defend this evil and call them good, hmm…

I said early on that we need not go to war but just bomb everything that needs bombing, THAT MEANS take out their ability to enact the Radical Islamist agenda of Jihad against the world. You are basically calling the defunding of their nuclear ambitions an act of war while turning a blind eye to their undeniable aggression and ambitions and excusing it. The reason for this? I believe you have some kind of delusion that such a “noble” gesture makes you some kind of morally superior being.

Yeah, right, maybe if we gave them say $150B and said "pretty please" they would stop with their ambitions of Radical Islamist Jihad in the world.
    You have a lot to learn about the meaning and depth to those biblical instructions because they certainly do not support your immature arguments.

11. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As has been pointed out to you already, Iran HAS attacked the US multiple times.

12. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this the way you debate? I did not say this, nor did I think it, nor, if I were president of the USA would I accomplish it.

Your "debating" approach is unethical. Change your ways.

13. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no need to answer this post, other than to say that it does not address what I said in any way, shape or form. Please, British leftist, don't bother.

14. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are absolutely correct. The article finished with, "Nationalism, not communism, proved to be the most serious threat to U.S. power in Iran." That statement totally ignores the role of radical Islam, which was the real force behind the overthrow of the Shah--and we are dealing with it to this day.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Something about marines a lifetime ago? Why do you even pretend to need a reason?

16. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very interesting. In a different thread I said I couldn't vote for Trump in 2016 because he was an immoral man. You then lambasted my vote for Reagan as being evil and you cited the reason it was evil was because he was divorced and voting for him helped create the lowered expectations for morality in presidential candidates.

Well, Reagan was divorced in 1948. Seventy-one years ago.

Yet, here you are stating that an attack in 1983 that killed 241 marines was "something" a "lifetime ago".

Can you say, "Double Standard"?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. MRoss

MRoss New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To answer the OP:
    Yes. The USA should declare war on Iran.

18. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist