SOULS DIE

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by wopik, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Claudia_T New Member

Man's breath goes back to God on the day we die.

geez hasnt someone explained this already?

Its like a lightbulb. Without electricity you are DEAD, FINISHED... thats it, till Jesus comes again.

I cant believe anyone cant see this.

James 2:26: For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

no wonder most of you cant understand faith and works LOL. you dont underdstand the one without the other makes both null and void.

2. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your question is a logical fallacy.
    Does a couch have a sofa?

3. wopik New Member

where can you find the words "immortal soul" in the Bible ?

4. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Quite true, and the whales won't be in heaven though they have a soul. The soul (like the brain) is a part of the animal and the man. It is the seat of the emotions, affections, the brain. It is what Jesus called the heart, out of which come vile affections, fornication, adultery, murder, etc. This comes from the thinking part of man.
    The spirit communicates with God. It will live on forever.
    DHK

5. Claudia_T New Member

How hard is it to understand that God breathed into man the breath of life and he became a living soul, and the man's breath goes back to God who gave it when he dies.

That breath isnt any more your "SOUL" when you die than it was when God gave it to you.

Heaven's sake thats not so difficult to comprehend is it?

6. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1 Corinthians 15:53-54 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

We are spitit beings presently clothed in earthly bodies. Someday this spirit being will put on an immortal body. We are immortal.

7. wopik New Member

whales don't HAVE a soul, they are the NEPHESH (SOUL).

Man doesn't HAVE a soul, he is the NEPHESH.

Man became a living soul.
    Man became a living NEPHESH.

8. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is not difficult to understand that there is more than one definition of soul. It is not difficult to understand that you are fitting one lady's false interpretation of the Bible into a pre-conceived system of theology previously unknown before the 20th century.
    DHK

9. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    H5315 nephesh (417)
    nephesh neh'-fesh from 5314; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental):--any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, X dead(-ly), desire, X (dis-)contented, X fish, ghost, + greedy, he, heart(-y), (hath, X jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-)self, them (your)-selves, + slay, soul, + tablet, they, thing, (X she) will, X would have it.

Job 14:22 But his flesh upon him shall have pain, and his soul within him shall mourn.

In Job's account, he plainly states that the soul is within him, not that it is him, his fleshly body.

10. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

True, Standing. But it also says in that same verse that the soul mourns. Something completely immaterial cannot mourn. The soul is thus part of the body.

11. wopik New Member

DHK
    1 Corinthians 15:53-54 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Only GOD is immortal - 1 Tim. 6:16

.....For you are dust,
    and you will return to dust." - Gen. 3:19

12. Claudia_T New Member

Are others besides man called "living souls" in the Bible?
    "And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea, and it became as the blood of a dead man; and every living soul died in the sea." Rev. 16:3. (See Gen. 1:30, margin.)

Is theirs the same breath as man's?
    "As the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no pre-eminence above a beast; for all is vanity." Ecc. 3:19.

The breath of life from God was breathed into man's nostrils in the beginning. What does Job call that which is in the nostrils?
    "All the while my breath is in me. and the spirit of God is in my nostrils." Job 27:3.

When man gives up the spirit, what becomes of it?
    "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." Eccl. 12:7.
    NOTE. - That is, the spirit of life by which man lived, and which was only loaned to him of God, goes back to the great Author of life. It is His, and man can have it eternally, only as a gift from God, through Jesus Christ. (Rom. 6:23.)When the spirit goes back to God, the dust, which was in the beginning made a "living soul," goes back as it was, to the earth.

13. Claudia_T New Member

did you notice that every living soul DIED?

14. wopik New Member

Go Claudia !!!

--

DHK says humans are IMMORTAL.

Bible says humans are MORTAL.

1 Corinthians 15:53-54 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

15. Claudia_T New Member

wopik,

I just cannot understand why people cant see this, its just so simple...

Claudia

16. Claudia_T New Member

wopik

I just added a little more to that post, you should go back and read it again

claudia

17. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Only GOD is immortal - 1 Tim. 6:16

.....For you are dust,
    and you will return to dust." - Gen. 3:19
    </font>[/QUOTE]So when the Bible says we put on immortality, and thus become immortal, you disbelieve the Bible. What do you do? Cut out that portion from your Bible?
    The verse "Only God is immortal" in 1Tim.6:16 refers to the fact that only God had no beginning and no ending.
    We did have a beginning. We are immortal only in the sense that we will not have an ending. We will live forever. That still fits under the definition of immortality. Whether you like it or not the two verses do not contradict each other, only your understanding of them do. 1Cor.15 teaches that man has immortality. Do you not believe the Bible?
    DHK

18. wopik New Member

yes, Claudia.

IMMORTALITY is a GIFT from God (Rom. 6:23) to us corruptible, mortal people, who are of the DUST and who will return to DUST (Gen. 3:19).

19. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

DHK did not say humans are Immortal. But the Bible does. You even gave the reference. Would you care to rationalize and explain it away.
    DHK

20. wopik New Member

DHK,

We will live forever SOMEDAY. That "someday" starts at the Resurrection OF THE DEAD.

"Whoso eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, HAS ETERNAL LIFE; and I will raise him up AT THE LAST DAY" - St. John 6:54 (1Cor. 15:23).

"....he that eats of this bread SHALL LIFE FOR EVER" - St. John 15:58 (1Cor. 15:51).

we shall all be made alive again.....at His Coming - 1 Cor. 15: 21-23