1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stable Genius Succeeds Again

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by kyredneck, Oct 16, 2019.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come now. You brag Mattis is great at explaining, then link an article which explains precisely nothing, except that he wasn't fond of Trump's slight, understandably so. Such bragging sounds a bit hyperbolic, as does citing a do-nothing Congress's posturing regarding a decision solely the president's. It got zero done, and there is much good they could do but refuse, because it wouldn't just help the country, but Trump as well. Their little vote was a tiny exception that proves the rule.
    So, you consider Tulsi Gabbard—who served in Iraq and Kuwait, and is a member of the House and a Dem—irrelevant here? Or are you saying you don't really care what anyone in the House thinks? Or that you consider relevant only the ones who vote your way?
    You might ought to start a new thread on that "How We Ended Up in the Middle East" thing. That could prove interesting. And when Mattis is president, he can make those decisions.

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Goalpost are all over the place here.

You didn’t read the article if that’s what you are taking away from it. That’s common here I suppose.

Yes, I consider Tulsi Gabbard irrelevant. You spent your first paragraph telling me that Congress was a do nothing entity posturing and then used Gabbard’s position on Congress as one of the reasons I should apparently listen to her in the next paragraph. The bi partisan vote is actually pertaining to the topic of this thread by the way so dismiss it if you will but it makes you look insincere. It’s you apparently that doesn’t care what the House thinks which is concerning for this country. You use Gabbard who didn’t even vote by the way as a minority opinion which pretty much means you are only touting supporting viewpoints for yourself.

Anyway, tee it up again for me please.

#63 Use of Time, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  4. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    OABTW, your so-called "bunch of Lincoln quotes" was a single quote from the very end of the first Lincoln speech cited in your Mattis article. Of course, you would know this, if you had bothered to lay off your ranting and read first. That your own man Mattis cited the speech, yet you didn't bother to at least peruse it speaks volumes. But I do enjoy your "Hear Ye! Hear Ye!" appeals.

5. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Backatcha. :Wink
    You should at least provide some tangible proof of what you are imagining. That means quote the relevant well-explained points from the article.
    Here ya' go. :)

6. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that but you are the one that chose to toss up the one about partisanship like it was some trump card and you chose the one instance where the House chose to act bi-partisan to harp on that point. It just seemed odd.

7. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then that "bunch of Lincoln quotes" disparagement fits with your "rambling screed of words without any tangible point" description.

You didn't shut down the Lincoln reference by pointing out an obviously toothless exception to the rule, an exception which just happens to agree with your own opinion. The Dems are not trying to be bipartisan, and have no interest in it at all, except where they can hurt Trump. They care nothing for the country or its defense, or for our allies or their defense. But it's no surprise someone anti-Trump would see it otherwise. But maybe you still have an argument, or at least explanation, using that Mattis speech article?

8. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is about the Syria debacle. Why don’t you just save everyone the time and make an I hate Democrats thread because your comment is baseless.

9. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are the one who cited Mattis and linked to the speech article. Use it to back up whatever you think is relevant. As far as I'm concerned, I cited its main relevance to the issue. I'll reconsider when you demonstrate otherwise. Remember, the claim was that there is a great explanation from his speech in that article.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump has saved U.S. lives by pulling our troops out. 1) If you were truly concerned about saving U.S. lives rather than suffering from TDS you would not overlook this fact while you focus on this propagandized news! …or 2) Perhaps you lack the common sense to understand that this is a necessity to stop the bloodshed of OUR troops.
    Save us your drama. They were not even aiming at U.S troops so the truth is they didn’t miss anything.

You guys will whine about this drama of a close call, if it can even be called that, while ignoring the imaginary Red Line that Obama set and his neglect that caused the buildup. You guys try to ride on the talking point about of a senseless abrupt withdraw when Trump has undeniably been working on this for some time. Obama give cheap talks of Red Lines but Trump is a man of action, for this the Left and their News Media Minions would never give Trump credit for doing what he promised, therefore this type of critical propaganda is to be expected.
    Take off the blinders:

“Just spoke to President Erdogan of Turkey. He told me there was minor sniper and mortar fire that was quickly eliminated. He very much wants the ceasefire, or pause, to work. Likewise, the Kurds want it, and the ultimate solution, to happen. Too bad there wasn’t this thinking years ago. Instead, it was always held together with very weak bandaids, & in an artificial manner. There is good will on both sides & a really good chance for success. The U.S. has secured the Oil, & the ISIS Fighters are double secured by Kurds & Turkey. I have just been notified that some European Nations are now willing, for the first time, to take the ISIS Fighters that came from their nations. This is good news, but should have been done after WE captured them. Anyway, big progress being made!!!!” ~ President Donald Trump
    Get beyond your singular false premise for a true conclusion:
    I've watched your news sources report this, I consider your(their) accusation to be lies.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is about the Syria debacle. Why don’t you just save everyone the time and make an I hate Democrats thread because your comment is baseless and off topic.

12. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pretty hypocritical of you seems you brought this "off topic" point up as a deflection defense and RighteousnessTemperance merely pointed out it didn't even support your narrative...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are arguing a point I never made. The hysterics are frothing at the mouth and still talk about withdrawing from Syria WHICH I have supported. It’s the HOW that is just really dumb.

Show me where I’ve stated we should stay in Syria. Most of my sources have been the left wing wack job site Military Times but I forgot you only get your news from the last bastion of truth Fox News.

14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He failed to ever make a point that countermanded my “narrative.” Just a lot of howling at the moon about Democrats even though the majority of the Republicans voted against the President as well.

15. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who dragged Mattis into this, bragging about his explanative ability? You. Who linked the article about his speech, full of a bunch of allusions to Lincoln, mostly paraphrase, but which had no such direct explanation? You. Who now cannot figure out how that article applies without making himself look like a hypocrite? You. Granted, those who didn't really read it may not notice.

That article was certainly a political hit piece, and presumably the speech was as well. Trump did not abandon any American men or women who fought for liberty, nor did he suggest we owe them nothing.

I highlighted the real import of those Lincoln allusions by quoting Lincoln directly and pointing out what's really going on. So far, partly due to misunderstanding what I wrote, the response has been pure screed and ad hominem against me, presented Dem-like. Of course Lincoln doesn't fit the Dem narrative, so Mattis didn't properly apply Lincoln, but that won't matter to those drinking the Dem Coup-aid.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    please define conservatism as you understand it.

17. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Good grief there is no way you read the article.

"We owe a debt to all who fought for liberty, including those who tonight serve in the far corners of our planet, among them the American men and women supporting our Kurdish allies," the retired general said.”

Then you weirdly keep bringing in “Dems” for whatever reason and “coup-aid” because you are so obsessed with Democrats and politics anything that even remotely dislikes Trump is either called a dem or a rino.

We are talking about a bi partisan bill in opposition to Trump and comments from his former Sec Def who is no liberal. Sheesh.

18. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To me, conservativism is sticking to the wisdom and tried & true modus operandi of the past that has proven it's merits, morally, socially, economically, politically, etc, and exercising caution before acting on 'progressive ideas'.

• Like Like x 1
  19. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Defense chief says U.S. troops leaving Syria will go to Iraq, not come home

“One is to help defend Iraq and two is to perform a counter-ISIS mission as we sort through the next steps,” he said, adding that the troop withdrawal would take “weeks not days.”

“Things could change between now and whenever we complete the withdrawal, but that’s the game plan right now.”

The Defense chief did not rule out the possibility of U.S. forces conducting counterterrorism missions from Iraq into Syria. He also reportedly said that he’d spoken with his Iraqi counterparts about the move, which will place more than 700 U.S. troops in western Iraq."

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree