1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Start Praying in Tongues

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by plain_n_simple, May 13, 2013.

1. awaken

awaken Active Member

Did not say it was tongues! So the Holy Spirit prays to God the Father and we do not know what He is praying, right? ( I am not speaking of tongues here).
    No words from us, right?

2. awaken

awaken Active Member

Again, the point that will be proven by the truth of this verse is not tongues! So let everyone put tongues aside!
    So you along with others is saying that the Holy Spirit is praying to God the Father without using our vocal cords, correct? That he is praying what we ourselves do not know what to pray for, correct?

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You hit it on the head.....

....it works for me.

4. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Please explan "private prayer language".

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thomas does not hold to it. He is just using a phrase some others have used.

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you speak....

....I try hard to listen for the rustling of angels wings; and the singing of heavenly voices coming from around the throne of God, but as of yet, I have not heard these things. Maybe you hear them when you speak, but, I'm so sorry, I do not hear your words moving all heaven and earth...:saint:

The truth is your potpourri of hodgepodology would not pass muster in a junior high Bible class. :sleep:

So while I believe everyone has the right to their opinions, and the right to share their opinions, may I say, you've had your fifteen seconds of fame in attacking and judging me, and I would appreciate that you keep any further thoughts to yourself, or better yet, return to the fronts of the other wars you have undertaken on this board. You have spread yourself way to thin on the battle fronts, and if you continue to do this, your flank will be over run! :laugh:

7. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh::

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Like You.

You really get it.....and while others don't, that is neither their problems or ours. Like you, I thank God for the gift of His Spirit in ways some refuse to accept of understand. Now, that does not mean I am in any way superior or more advanced than those without the gifts I have, it just means that we are all gifted differently to serve the body in different ways.

I am quite sure the toes of the body have some feelings about the fingers when they see the fingers doing things they can't do, but, that does not mean the toes are less important. In fact, remove one or more of the toes, and the entire body goes into chaos and the fingers will be relegated to holding a cane in order to help the body limp along.

When will the body of Christ stop judging other parts, or envying other parts? This is the one reason the body is lame and ineffective, it continues to fight among itself and that makes it dysfunctional. And a dysfunctional body is not what God called the body to be. I weep when other parts of His body turn on itself like a flesh eating disease. Or worse yet, like an auto-immune disease. Such a shame. Such a tragedy!

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who is John MacAthur?

You quote this guy like he is a god....there are some things in the supernatural world that are above the pay grade of the John MacArthur's of this world. And your pay grade is not even on the same page as most on this board. You are quick to quote others. but, you have no opinions based on your own understandings. Your responses are like talking to a live Wikipedia robot. Good answers, just disjointed and makes no sense!

It would be nice to meet the real Matt27, and not a bunch of other peoples thoughts and statements from their books, radio show transcripts, etc.

10. awaken

awaken Active Member

I do not back my doctrine by other denominations or other peoples experiences! My doctrine I have proved over and over in scriptures!
    Praying in the spirit/speaking to God/giving thanks is prayer!

11. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Yes, that's right.

12. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some do....some don't!

You and I understand....others don't and probably never will...but that's okay, because we are all still one in Him.

It's just a shame that some, who don't, are willing to chastise/ostracize/mock/criticize/and ridicule those of us who do!

As of yet...I have not heard those who do [like me and you] putting down those who don't. We aren't even trying to get them to do as we do. YET, they have taken it upon themselves to mock us, and try to Biblically make us doubt the one thing we know within our spirit is of Him.

As long as I live, I'll never understand why what we have is such a threat to those who don't have it? We are not saying it makes them less then those that do have it....not are we saying they are under the influence of the devil [like they imply about us who do].

My question to them that don't do what we do is this: What is it that causes you to be so angry and upset over our gift? Why is it that you who don't, take it upon yourself to try to shame us or guilt trip us into seeing things your way?

I have NEVER once [since joining in 2007] tried to convert or influence any one on this baord with my gift. For me this gift is a matter of fact, and I see it as something that works for me, but, I do not have the same zeal as you to get you to change like you try to get those of us who do, to change.

Why is it that when tongues are mentioned, some board members become indignant, ugly and down right rude. So far I haven't mocked, ridiculed or insulted those who don't do what I do, but, the other side is all ruffled up like Lay's potato chips, and ready to take me to the mat just because I speak a language God gave.

Maybe someone can tell me why tongues riles some of you up to the point of calling us names, and telling us we are not going to heaven. This is so childish, and totally unnecessary.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?​

13. awaken

awaken Active Member

I am on several forums...but this has to be the worst when it comes to the manifestations of the Holy Spirit!
    Looks like most of the ones that believe in them have either left or just keep out of the discussions because of the personal attacks!
    I am not offended easily....or I would have left a long time ago! I take breaks from time to time! Do a lot of praying in the spirit...then I return!:laugh:

14. awaken

awaken Active Member

So no one has the answer to my question!:smilewinkgrin:
    HOW DOES THE HOLY SPIRIT PRAY FOR US WHEN WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO PRAY?
    Well it is a shame...it would clear up a lot of confusion for you if you know the answer!

#74 awaken, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
  15. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

I don't recall that I have even addressed you about this issue. But then I don't recall you saying that those who don't believe as you do are in unbelief and deny the truth of scripture, as a certain other arrogant poster does with a spiritually superior complex.

16. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

I know the answer, but you do not, even though it has been given you by at least two people here, I being one of them. The Bible tells you, but that is not your source, but rather experience is your source, and you try to fit scripture to your false experience. Doesn't work that way.

17. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a good idea....

....I'll join you in praying, and let the Holy spirit be glorified....

I'm not offended either....just disgusted at the manner in which the church is always at the front of the line when it comes to casting stones on their own. Something is seriously wrong with that picture.

Again, I have never, and I have not observed you doing this either, tried to impose my beliefs on others. Yet this topic beings out the opposition every time.

I hesitated to post that comment in the early days of this thread, but said to myself, if I am embarrassed of the gifts He gives, what kind of witness is that? Notice to all who are offended with my gift. I never once said those who don't have this gift need to get it. That is just not right, nor is it the way of the Spirit.

You guys have some great gifts, that I am sure of. So do my brother an I, it just so happenes, that one gift we have is not accepted in some circles.

But like a friend once told me; the pendulum of change swings from the left to the right and back, and eventually the gifts of the spirit will make their bold re-entrance into the Baptist denomination, and the two of us will not be outsiders any longer. When that happens, there is no need to apologize, just applause! :laugh:

Well, it does say where two or more gather and pray, He is in their midst. I'll join you in prayers, and if tongues break out, so be it!

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well...tell us!

19. awaken

awaken Active Member

Not to that question! You have yet to answer it! But I understand!

20. awaken

awaken Active Member

My point is not tongues!
    My point is that most here say that it is not tongues, yet it says the spirit prays, correct?
    Most argue that why should we pray in tongues if we do not know what we are saying, correct?
    Another will debate saying.. why does the Spirit pray to the Father, both being the Godhead in praying in the spirit?

So I would like to know how most of you reconcile the two!