1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Strange things happening

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

You're right. He read my post and then PMd me. And in the PM he told me not to bother responding, because I was going right back on ignore. What a coward.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So no you never intended on putting me on your ignore list?

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except we were supposed to be on "Ignore," as you claimed we would be. Since you don't have to take everyone off "Ignore" to look for new persons, your story doesn't add up at all. Moreover, you've been criticizing people who are allegedly on ignore this whole time. You're saying one thing and doing another.

Our attention has been focused on responding to the faulty allegations and your poor theology for the benefit of those who may want to follow this discussion. Beyond your name-calling, you have said some things that just are not scripturally valid - and checked out of the conversation - so I have gone back with scripture and responded for the sake of others.

So you have demanded answers to the questions below, yet I am also going to be on ignore? And you accuse ME of being "double minded!"

Actually, I was just puzzled as to why you "Disliked" the words of Jesus. I did not propose a theory. If that is really your view, then there is not reason to "Dislike" that post. Would you like to try again?

I have assisted those who are demonized. (For those wondering how I knew, they were speaking lies about me tied to enough truthful things that they would have no way of knowing - especially in the pre-internet days. Moreover, there was stuff flying around the room - off shelves and floors - coming at me in an attempt to frighten me.) I have evangelized them, but on the two occasions where I was knowingly dealing with someone who was demonized, they WANTED to be demonized because they believed they gained power from it. According to the leading of the Spirit (and the teaching of Jesus - Matthew 12:43-45), I left them in their current condition because they were not interested in following Jesus. And yes, I was speaking to the real person, not one of the demonic cohabiters.

You seem to have a specific thing in mind and I suspect that however I answer, you are going to condemn it since you dislike it when I simply quote Jesus, but I'll give you a quick overview:

I have commanded demonic forces to leave many locations and they did so immediately. I have dealt with demonic visual, auditory and physical (shoving, choking, pressure, things moving) manifestations, and caused them to cease and expelled the demonic. I have also successfully evangelized those who were involved in self-styled satanism. There's more, but that should be enough.

I did not go looking for any of this and don't get any sort of thrill out of it. Moreover, I also understand that a person who is used of God as the proxy for God's power and redemption is nothing special. In fact, you don't even have to be a mature Christian to be used of God in this way since the power of God to do these things has nothing to do with you.

However, I had friends with very similar experiences during this season of open warfare develop these "demon buster" complexes where they seem to forget that the power comes from God and that it is not "worked up" or given because they are someone special.

In my opinion, persons who like to talk about this stuff have their priorities messed up. The only time I even talk about it is when it comes up in Bible study and someone asks me a question about it (for instance, "Are demons real or are they mental illness?"), and then I only tell as much as necessary to answer the question, except to say that I've had some experience dealing with that stuff and if an issue ever comes up I am happy to help - then I drop it because God is rarely glorified when people spend their time worrying about the demonic realm.

Your claim to authority on the basis of your alleged experiences is faulty. Any faithful Christian with the scriptures has enough information to know what he or she needs to know about spiritual warfare. And you sir, have demonstrated that you don't actually know the scriptures very well in this area. You have made a number of false claims that have been refuted. You have also demonstrated quite a bit of paranoia about the demonic with your insistence that demons were keeping you from responding when we had the issues with the BaptistBoard server during the weekend. Now I realize that there IS that kind of harassment - and I have experienced it - but simply assuming it is true without considering other options tells me you are seeing demons under every bush.

I believe you HAVE had explicit encounters with the demonic, probably more than I have, since you exhibit the kind of erratic and disoriented spirituality that comes from dealing with that stuff without enough grounding in the scriptures and the feeling that you must have special powers since no one else you know seems to be dealing with it.

I have been hard on you because you are in a position of influence and are attempting to teach others things as a pastor that are based more on popular culture than the scriptures. Your congregation deserves better. BaptistBoard deserves better. Your family deserves better. Jesus deserves better.

And you can be better.

#83 Baptist Believer, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because this thread has gone far from the OP, the person who was so aggressive has supposedly placed everyone on ignore, and the OP is no longer being address, would it not be wise for the BB controllers to close this thread?

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you care if the thread is closed or open? How does either one of them change your day?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It doesn't, but is there any actual help being attended to the OP? Or is there only reactionary posting which questions the maturity and education of BB members? To proclaim that if someone hasn't experienced what I have, done what I have, been to where I have, they have no authority to speak to the issue(s) is not only foolish, but immature.

The same with putting people on ignore can be considered a manifestation of the attitude of immaturity. Of one not playing by the rules of the ball owner, so they take their ball and go home.

For example: In my second post I pointed out that if one is going to discuss the OP, we don't need videos, and fluff, but the Scriptures.

It was met by the respondent using OT examples of those doing physical battle that have little importance to the topic, for the weapons of the believers are not of this world (carnal), but that of the Spiritual.

Further there was then the proclaimation that WE are the ones who are the to thrust and parry with the sword. Yet, WE are the sword bearers for the Holy Spirit to use the Sword as He chooses, not as we choose. We are to hold "the sword of the Spirit." It is the Spirit's sword, not ours.

So, when there is little discussion that can take place, because that person who would argue shuts the discussion down, then it is time to close the thread.

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not beyond the realm of possibility that your friend is experiencing some sort of supernatural events! Is he a believer? If so, it is not beyond the authority given to us by Jesus, to rebuke and cast off anything that is of the devil, evil and or satanic!

I have dealt with a demon filled man! He had been living on the streets around the church, and was always drunk and getting in fights with people trying to come from the parking lot to the church! He sat through our music ministry and my testimony and responded to the alter call. The pastor and his staff, who were praying with me for those responding to the call, were guarded and aloof when he came up (as well as surprised and fearful)! They let me deal with him, and let me say that he was ripe with alcohol, marijuana, body order, anger and to be honest ... he scared all of us! STILL, I stood my ground in Jesus, and rebuked the demons I had picked up on, and as I prayed, the other pastors and lay leaders started to feel safe and they too put hands on the man. Within minutes, not hours, we could see the delivering power of God move!

BTW - That following Thursday, the church pastor called me to say that the man showed up at Bible study and he was clean, bathed and carrying a new spirit about him!

I knew the pastor well, and within a year, this man went from demon possessed to deacon and Sunday School teacher!

Yes I believe that if we serve a God of supernatural origin and power, there are things in the evil realm of life that are also supernatural in origin and power. So your friend should do more than bless the house, he should move to cast out anything that is not of God, and retake and resume ALL authority of the house and everyone in within it, in the Name of Jesus, the Son of God!

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're such a judgmental little man!

9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never let it be said that RD was hesitant to insult others...

10. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just shows how well you know me (not at all).

People who know me know that I am not judgmental, but I do call people down when they are bullies/name callers or when they are trying to impose their poor opinions upon others.

Physically, I'm 6'05" and 300 pounds - built like an NFL linebacker.

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Impressive numbers.

You can call your vice whatever you want; but you are still judgmental.

12. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not meant to be impressive. I am much heavier than I should be due to recovery from Cushing's Disease. I'll settle out somewhere around 235-250 eventually.

The point is, you know nothing about me yet you make ridiculous claims as if you do.

Hardly. My right-wing friends who actually know me think I am not judgmental enough. They think I let too much go to grace and only deal with the root problems as I understand them. Many are appalled by the people I invest my life into - GLBT people, hardcore vicious fundamentalists, hardcore vicious liberals, people with substance abuse issues, etc.