1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Supreme Court: Same-sex couples can marry in all 50 states

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd have to believe that it wouldn't happen simply because it would be an impossible task to determine who was truly denied polygamy.

2. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the kind words and well written post. Looking forward to future conversations.

3. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since when has that ever stopped liberals from using victim status to gain power and money from others?

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's all over the internet that people are wondering what liberals will want next? Also, in the case of the Mormons, they have very good records of their genealogy, not to mention that the case is so recent that the federal government is going to have records of what was done. Some people last property and others were forced to flee the country. This might make a good class-action lawsuit.

5. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Liberals opened Pandoras box yesterday. Yes Polygamy is in line to be accepted. But I think the bigger thing that worries me is the fact that the SCOTUS has just created a new "fundamental right" and positive rights have to be enforced by the government. And even guaranteed by the government, so how is the government going to make sure everyone has their right to marriage fulfilled? That is a terrifying thought in my mind when I think of my children.

6. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't respond to hysteria. I'm not going to argue against hypotheticals.

7. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you honestly still on about some crazy forced marriage scenario? I thought you were just being overly dramatic yesterday but I'm now full blown concerned that you are actually serious. Nobody is going to force anyone to marry anyone. It isn't going to become mandatory to be married. I'm really struggling to understand how you are coming to these conclusions based off of yesterday's events.

8. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have a "right" to health insurance so the way the government guarantee that right is to force people to buy health insurance. Liberals have a horrible track record when it comes to all the positive "rights" that they have discovered in the 14th amendment. Give it 10-15 years and there will be some upstart lawyer who will test to see how far the positive right to marriage can be pushed.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

SMH. This is how crazy folktales get started.

10. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To me it was a surprise. I was surprised that a justice Kennedy that leas the other four who made this decision was appointed by a Republican. I am also surprised that over half of Republican Congress people either thought it would come down this way or supported it come down this way. What a disgusting party. I would expect it from Democrats.

So now, the Kentucky Constitution defines marriage between a man and a woman. So we the people are forced to take out that amendment based on nine bozos of the SCUSA. This is a sad day for America. I know 37 states already engaged in this, but Kentucky was one of the holdouts, now we must been to the ruling of nine people. To me, this is not a saved or not saved issues. I found this sickening long before I was saved.

Our nation is in trouble, and ask everyone to pray for mercy from the Lord. I doubt any Baptist pastor will engage. Comments from others appreciated. I am very angry. I have been very adamant about getting rid of this and abortion.

f

11. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

This now applies:

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You know I always have to look at what we, The Church, are doing. And we've made a royal mess out of marriage for one.

But this is once again The Church getting off focus. We've been commissioned to do one thing. But our focus is always on the issues instead of our Commission.

So once again God uses the SCOTUS to slap us beside the head.

These issues are a distraction. While we're getting upset and mad and everything else because the SCOTUS didn't deal with this in a manner that we wanted, we're not focusing on our Commission.

The issues make us into some very unChristlike people because we're too busy trying to fix things here instead of just letting God handle His business. And as we get more unChristlike without repentance over these issues, God has to slap us in the face, upside the head and everyplace else with more of the very things we are complaining about. Why? Because of our lack of love in dealing with people.

We want things right for our kids and grandkids with no regard for the fact that the world has to at some point dwindle down so that Jesus can return.

Makes me wonder if a lot of folks who say they are waiting on the Bridegroom really are?

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Says the same guy that has just spent several days accusing us of being racist and throwing a rip snortin fit over a flag.

Instead of doing what he tells us we should be doing. :rolleyes:

14. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Part of our duty as Christians is to point our false doctrine and not give it a pass. Poncho, of all people, I would think you would recognize this as the most significant news days in your life. I don't appreciate your comment about the flag. You did not live it. I saw blacks walking down the street in Mississippi and cars coming by and hitting them on the backside of a head with a broom handle as the car passed just for sport. I saw on a bus a white line down the middle. I was only white on the bus with 3 5 or so seats empgy. In the back of the bus was a ninety year old woman standing in the aisle with a cain standing. Don't even tell me about the evil of the Confederate Flag. I usually took up for your posts in the past, but this one oe is way out of line. And Poncho, while you ponder, ponder all the pastors in the 50s and 60s that gave a blind eye to this if not right out support it. How does that square with Scripture? Where do you think those pastors are today?

#94 The American Dream, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  15. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

You are a complete hypocrite. You have no problem worrying about a political agenda or so called social injustices when it suits you. But the moment that something doesn't fit your narrative then Christians aren't following the commands of God. Why don't you start but getting out of the social justice business and simply do the Great Commission?

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The most significant news of my life was learning that Jesus gave His life for me a sinner that was on a straight and smooth path to hell.

Zaac isn't here to point out false doctrine. He's here to puff himself up in his own eyes. If the opposite were the case he wouldn't be preaching the same old "do as I say and not as I do" sermon every chance he gets.

The kid spends 20 hours every day in the politics forum telling us how evil we all are for spending time in the politics forum.

Wouldn't his time be better spent doing what he preaches instead of doing what he does?

#96 poncho, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  17. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well you got me on the date. You win that point. We had better be doing Gods work, as I am guessing this stunt torked Him off.

18. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point! Liberals will not be able to stand against polygamy when the case comes before the court, as it will soon, because the court has already conceded that polygamy is the next logical step.

The USA is the most pro-s0d0my nation in the history of the world since the time of Abraham.

We now need two constitutional amendments. The first to protect the life of the unborn child and outlaw abortion and the second to protect marriage as one man and one woman only.

The Democrat Party, the party of slaveholders, is now the party of abortion and ssm.

19. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Time will tell, but the most likely consequence is taking away the tax status of the local church.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:applause::applause: Again, American Dream excellent post. How anybody can look at this stuff and support it or pretend like it doesn't mean anything, when it's exactly what Christians have done repeatedly in the past completely dumbfounds me.

Yet everything that's taking place, everything that's repeating itself again and again, we pretend like it's not happening or it's not that bad.

And you just cannot reconcile this type of wickedness with Scripture. And I've said repeatedly that the world is watching. It is a detriment to the cause of Christ because it takes away our ability to witness around the world after they've seen how The CHURCH responds to these things in the US.

If we don't give a flying crap about the folks we see everyday, why is anyone around the world think we give a hoot about them when we show up with our words when our actions are so still fixed in their minds?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.