1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Supreme Court: Same-sex couples can marry in all 50 states

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

First of all, the Constitution took a hit today.

Secondly, do you not believe God judges nations as well as individuals?

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It makes no sense. We claim to want less government intrusion in our lives except when the government is siding with our political views. Because this IS political, not moral.

God has spoken to what marriage is. What do I care what the government says it is?

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't see it. Justices have been picking the Constitution apart for a couple of centuries now.

Yep. And all things considered, the Body of Christ needs to be concerned with its own need for repentance for wickedness is growing because of us.

4. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

I agree with your last sentence. Further, American Christians are not concerned with holiness of life and following Jesus. When you can't distinguish a Christian from the rest of society in lifestyle, something is very wrong. When there is no difference in the divorce rate between the "church" and the society as a whole, something is wrong. When Christians dress immodestly, something is wrong. When Christians attend R-rated movies, something is wrong.

American Christianity is a cultural religion -- a mile wide and an inch deep.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Amen!!! It's gotten hard to take young men to church because the parents are basically letting their daughters come to church half naked.

It's disgusting.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is absolutely no truth to that fallacy.

7. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and he will hold me personally accountable come judgment. I don't believe I'll go to heaven as an ambassador or apologist of the United States.

We apparently have different opinions on the interpretation of the 1st and 14th Amendments.

Also, kind of reiterates where we place our priorities when your response to me addressed the U.S. Constitution first and God was your second point.

#67 Use of Time, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a cheap shot.

9. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did that to make a point Rev. Sorry if that was a bit much Rebel.

10. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Next we will apologize to Utah for polygamy and we will legalize polygamy. As stupid as Roberts is, even he can see that in the future.

11. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's all down hill from here as a country......Pandora's Box.

12. TadQueasy

TadQueasy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :applause::applause::applause:

Dead on Ms Scarlett!

13. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

That is absolutely absurd and ridiculous. If you can't respond with more intelligence than that, please don't respond at all.

If you don't think what happens in your country affects your faith, I feel sorry for you. Evidently you have forgotten or disregarded history.

14. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

All right, then disregard the first part of what I just posted to you.

15. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I meant it, I like the way you lay out your posts and I always find them worth reading. This one was no exception.

That is something to chew over - the US is a little behind other countries on this issue and I haven't heard about a push for polygamy in Spain yet. I still wish it had been kicked back to the states. I keep in mind that my state is one of the few that passed SSM. I didn't vote for it but the majority of my fellow citizens did and outvoted is outvoted. I feel more sorry for all those people in those states that didn't want it because now they have it anyways thanks to five lawyers.

And what I think is is that SCOTUS legislated immorality, or at least amorality, and they're not supposed to legislate anything and in that way, today reminds me a little about RvW. You're also right when you said that your opinion of SCOTUS changes with the wind. I heard some of the same people today lauding this when last year they were still complaining about Citizens. SCOTUS isn't infallible but they sure are weird.

16. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed! And we all know what a rush of dam water does to those living in the valley! :tear: :flower:

17. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What goes on in this country does not affect my faith in any way. It's mine, given to me by Jesus and absolutely no worldly devices have the power to take this away. You'll have to be a little more specific.

I'm willing to listen to what points you may have that go to the contrary but so far you just keep saying the same thing while insulting my intelligence.

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is plenty of polygamy in this country already. Also, if the court legalizes polygamy, which I think that they will, then do you think that the federal government owes damages to Mormons for the federal law in the late 19th century which outlawed polygamy?

For a good treatment of the horrors of current American polygamy, see video and commentary at this show:

http://www.whatloveisthis.tv/

19. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What 777 and I said was in no way an endorsement for polygamy.

20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Understood, but I am wondering about the legal ramifications of the impending legalization of polygamy and I am wondering if reparations will have to be paid to Mormonism for the hardship imposed by Edmunds Tucker Act of 1887?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.