1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Supreme Court: Same-sex couples can marry in all 50 states

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

There is no other religion that I'm aware of that condones homosexuality. It took apostate Christianity to do that.

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Could you name some of those apostate denominations. One for sure are the Lutherans, which most of my family attend. That explains why they see me as a radical believer. :laugh:

3. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Well, that would just apply to ELCA, not Lutheran-Missouri Synod.

Others: Presbyterian Church USA, The Episcopal Church, Alliance of Baptists, United Church of Christ, Disciples of Christ. In the latter two, some individuals and congregations would disagree. That might also be true in the first two, but overall PCUSA and TEC are far gone.

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning

Some time after 1:30pm (Pacific Time), this thread will be closed.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It doesn't really matter, IMHO, whether or not some cultures recognized such as "marriage." But in recent history, we are merely following suit. That said, redefining the term "marriage" does not redefine what marriage really is. As Wright points out, deciding to call something black that is really white does not change reality. Redefining terms, however, can place society in a very precarious state of being. There is no such thing as "same sex marriage" because marriage is more than the civil union/contractual agreement that supporters of the change take marriage to be. Calling it a marriage does not make it so, but it redefines a term that had a depth of meaning in such a way as to lose its meaning. It is a shift away from reality, and I believe a giant leap towards a state of antitheism as a nation.

6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.