1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TEN Commandments - e.g. "do not take God's name in vain".. still moral law

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ......go ahead....say something.....

2. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why would anyone want to be interested in a the doctrines of a church that runs abortion mills? Your SDA doctors are murdering unborn children in SDA abortion mills as I write this post. This is indefensible, Bob. Your church is so concerned about one commandment and ignores the 'Thou shalt do no murder' commandment.

Doesn't one of the Ten Commandments forbid MURDER??? Why would anyone want to be interested in the doctrines of a church that runs abortion mills? Your SDA doctors are murdering unborn children in SDA abortion mills as I write this post. This is indefensible, Bob. Your church is so concerned about money that it turns a blind eye to the the 'Thou shalt do no murder' commandment.
    The Adventist church has always been proclaiming how important it is to keep all, all of God's 10 Commandments including 'the most neglected one of all the Sabbath'. At the same time it turns a blind eye to the sixth commandment. And what is the sixth commandment? You shall not kill. Okay this doesn't say murder, says you shall not kill. That's a whole different issue. until this church puts the same passion behind the commandment against killing or against murder, it has no legitimate right to say that it promotes all God's law, Shame. Shame."

#62 Walter, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your efforts to claim you are not under the New Covenant... "noted"..

You are free to make that argument for yourself.

I myself choose to read and accept the New Covenant and also to read Romans 2, and Romans 9 -

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1 Cor 7:19 "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God"
    Rev 14:15 "the saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus"
    1 John 5:2-3 "2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome."
    John 14:15 "IF you Love Me KEEP My Commandments"
    Exodus 20:6 "Love Me and KEEP My Commandments"
    Eph 6:2 - the 5th commandment "is the FIRST Commandment with a promise" in that still-valid unit of TEN
    1 John 3:4 "SIN IS transgression of THE LAW" -- still even in the NT
    Rom 3:31 "Do we make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we ESTABLISH the Law"

Thus it is "still a sin" even for Christians - to take God's name in vain.

NEW Covenant -- Jer 31:31-33 "I will write My LAW on their heart and mind"

Bible details matter.

Emotionalism... not so much.

using "emotionalism to replace doctrine"???

It is a sin to take God's name in vain -- your emotional accusations do not change that fact.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    [1 Cor 7:19 "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God"
    Rev 14:15 "the saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus"
    1 John 5:2-3 "2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome."
    John 14:15 "IF you Love Me KEEP My Commandments"
    Exodus 20:6 "Love Me and KEEP My Commandments"
    Eph 6:2 - the 5th commandment "is the FIRST Commandment with a promise" in that still-valid unit of TEN
    1 John 3:4 "SIN IS transgression of THE LAW" -- still even in the NT
    Rom 3:31 "Do we make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we ESTABLISH the Law"

Thus it is "still a sin" even for Christians - to take God's name in vain.

NEW Covenant -- Jer 31:31-33 "I will write My LAW on their heart and mind"

So then .. .it is "still a sin" - to take God's name in vain ... even for NT Christians.

Bible details matter.

Emotionalism... not so much.

Appeals to emotionalism don't provide the substance that a truly compelling argument would need.

I think we both knew that.

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are the commandments of agape love for the mature, they can be found in 1 Corinthians 13.

If one is still under the law of Moses:

1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  7. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Your church condones abortion (murdering children). Yes, I am a bit emotional when it comes to the slaughter of innocent babies. Why do SDA hospitals, doctors, and your official church website defend breaking one of the Ten commandments but focus so much on Sabbath keeping?? Simply answer the question, Bob.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    you are blurting out emotionalism and basic nonsense --

I prefer the actual topic... and the Bible.

Instead of derailing this thread with that nonsense - start one on your topic .. include this in your OP

=============================================

from; Religious Groups’ Official Positions on Abortion

Southern Baptist Convention
    In a 1996 resolution on partial-birth abortion, the Southern Baptist Convention reaffirmed its opposition to abortion, stating that “all human life is a sacred gift from our sovereign God and therefore … all abortions, except in those very rare cases where the life of the mother is clearly in danger, are wrong.”

======================= baptist support for abortion in congress.

Kamala Devi Harris (born October 20, 1964) is an American attorney and politician. A member of the Democratic Party, she currently serves as the junior senator from California. She previously served as the 32nd Attorney General of California.

Harris graduated from Howard University and UC Hastings. After working in the San Francisco District Attorney's office and City Attorney's office, she was elected District Attorney of San Francisco in 2003 and held that position until 2011. Harris was elected California's Attorney General in 2010, and re-elected in 2014.[1][2]

#68 BobRyan, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you one of those who thinks it is ok to "take God's name in vain" because doing so would show that one is "saved by grace"?

Do you join some others that have posted in opposition to the New Covenant because it says the LAW of God known to Jeremiah is write on the heart and mind??

Do you reject the teaching of Christ in Mark 7:6-13??

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I don't take God's name in vain because it is abhorrent to the Holy Spirit indwelling me.

True The law of love is written in our hearts.
    James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

BTW Why is it when you or your church "breaks the commandments" it is "emotionalism"?
    Why do you have respect of persons? So murder is OK with you and your church?

James 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

KJV James 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

Do you? - Thou shalt not kill.
    This is disgusting - some one preaching the Ten Commandments yet seems to be a member of a church which condones murder and then calls it "emotionalism".

I have researched this and found that the SDA Church apparently allows the performance of abortion in their hospitals.

Unbelievable.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what saves a sinner then ? the Cross of Christ, and receive jesus thru fail alone, or adding additional burdens of law keeping that peter stated the jews themselves could not keep!

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You take the name of God in vain, when you allege that the false prophetess spoke for God!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not trying to 'derail' anything, Bob. Threads have been started before calling out the SDA on it's abominable practice of providing for abortions and you have NO defense. You claim to speak for a faith that is 'biblical' in it's doctrinal positions and follow a 'prophetess' that spoke for God. However, your church promotes the abomination of abortion. Your SDA hospitals will even provide the service. My cousin is a nurse at one of your major hospitals and has confirmed for me that they do provide abortions.

In case you were worried about something serious though, the hospital DOES NOT allow pork to be eaten in the cafeteria. Too bad the aborted babies weren't baby pigs, they would stand a better chance of living.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That just about sums it all up!

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    False accusation much??

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    you are blurting out emotionalism and basic nonsense --

I prefer the actual topic... and the Bible.

Instead of derailing this thread with that nonsense - start one on your topic .. include this in your OP

=============================================

In a 1996 resolution on partial-birth abortion, the Southern Baptist Convention reaffirmed its opposition to abortion, stating that “all human life is a sacred gift from our sovereign God and therefore … all abortions, except in those very rare cases where the life of the mother is clearly in danger, are wrong.”

Kamala Devi Harris (born October 20, 1964) is an American attorney and politician. A member of the Democratic Party, she currently serves as the junior senator from California. She previously served as the 32nd Attorney General of California.

Harris graduated from Howard University and UC Hastings. After working in the San Francisco District Attorney's office and City Attorney's office, she was elected District Attorney of San Francisco in 2003 and held that position until 2011. Harris was elected California's Attorney General in 2010, and re-elected in 2014.[1][2]

That sure is a change for the better. good to hear it.

Nonsense -- did you start those threads with the material quoted above?

I think we all know ... you did not.

And now for this thread -- what is your response... Ten Commandments ok with you?.

Nonsense -- if you want to see our statement of beliefs I will post it for you.

Time to get a grip sir.

Still waiting for you to start your own topic... instead of constantly trying to derail this one.

Ready to answer the question for this thread... 'yet"??

And now for this thread -- what is your response... Ten Commandments ok with you?.

And some also serve pork for patients that request it.. is it your speculation that "Hospitals are Churches" or that "Hospitals are run by pastors"???

Are you going to pursue your nonsense agenda here - all the time or just some of the time.

Start your own thread, on your own topic. All who wish .. may join it.

17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Emotionalism and nonsense - NEW NAMES for MURDER!

Please go away1

HankD

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You nailed it, Hank!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nonesense and emotionalism if you are going to make stuff up about hospitals being run by pastors and hospitals being churches -- as if that has anything at all to do with this thread.

And we all know it.

Please start your own thread on your own topic.

Be sure to include "this" in your OP

=======================================================

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As a few will remember - this is the actual topic of this thread --

The "much to be avoided topic" for "some"
    =======================================================================

The TEN Commandments are included in the moral law of God written on the heart under the NEW Covenant.

Moral law of God -- that which "defines what sin is and what righteousness is" - as we see in Romans 7 and in Romans 3.

"I will write My LAW on their heart and mind" Jeremiah 31:31-33

"what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19

So then it is "still a sin" to take God's name in vain". Even for Christians.

"do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we ESTABLISH the LAW of God" Rom 3:31

"the saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus" Revelation 14:12

Ephesians 6:2 The 5th Commandment is the "FIRST commandment with a promise" in what unit of law?

Answer -- in that still-valid unit-of-TEN.

So then even for born-again Christians -- it is a sin to take God's name in vain.

==================================
    the Bible statements above are hardly even debatable given this short list of groups that affirm them.

The Baptist Confession of Faith,
    the Westminster Confession of Faith ,
    D.L. Moody,
    R.C Sproul,
    Matthew Henry,
    Thomas Watson
    Eastern Orthodox Catechism
    The Catholic Catechism.[/QUOTE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.