1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TEN Commandments - e.g. "do not take God's name in vain".. still moral law

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As they say in the military:

You TALK the TALK but you don't WALK the WALK!

Goodbye!

HankD

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look to yourself!

HankD

3. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Hank, this 'our hospitals are not churches/pastors 'emotionalism-nonsense' by Bob is overshadowed by what disgusting statements SDA leadership has made. Bob will do his best to end this 'abortion talk'. He would rather we just look at one or two of the Ten Commandments and ignore that 'Thou shalt not kill' command.

What excuse does the SDA offer?

"The excuse Neal Wilson, the then president of the (SDA) General Conference gave to the public was as follows:

Though we walk the fence, Adventists lean toward abortion rather than against it. Because we realize we are confronted by big problems of hunger and overpopulation, we do not oppose family planning and appropriate endeavors to control population.”

Imagine the seriousness of an argument as this one: It meant that, since there were too many human beings in the world and that many of them were starving, it was morally acceptable for the “Remnant” church of God to start killing some of the most vulnerable members of the human race in the richest country of the world; a country which had an abundant oversupply of food which the U.S. shared with the rest of the world through its food assistance program."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1. we have no pope
    2. Doctrinal statements are voted on by the SDA General Conference in session and your complaints quote no voted statement by the SDA denomination. (Were we simply "not supposed to notice"?)
    3. Our hospitals are not run by pastors AND are not run by Ted Wilson - and many hospitals within the Adventist Health System - are simply managed by an SDA business corporation (also not run by pastors) they are not actually Adventist staffed/owned/operated Hospitals. (We do have some remaining Adventist owned/operated (though not exclusively Adventist staffed) hospitals but they too are not run by pastors)
    4. Most Adventist Hospitals managed by AHS will serve pork to patients when requested. And even some of the Hospitals owned by AHS will do that.
    5. you are welcome to go into this rabbit-trail and topic derailing subject all you wish - on your own thread

(Catholic Hospitals by contrast - tend to be run and heavily staffed by Nuns so they do reflect more the teaching of the church that owns them)

When you do... be sure to include this in your OP --

============================================================

from; Religious Groups’ Official Positions on Abortion

Southern Baptist Convention
    In a 1996 resolution on partial-birth abortion, the Southern Baptist Convention reaffirmed its opposition to abortion, stating that “all human life is a sacred gift from our sovereign God and therefore … all abortions, except in those very rare cases where the life of the mother is clearly in danger, are wrong.”

======================= baptist support for abortion in congress.

Kamala Devi Harris (born October 20, 1964) is an American attorney and politician. A member of the Democratic Party, she currently serves as the junior senator from California. She previously served as the 32nd Attorney General of California.

Harris graduated from Howard University and UC Hastings. After working in the San Francisco District Attorney's office and City Attorney's office, she was elected District Attorney of San Francisco in 2003 and held that position until 2011. Harris was elected California's Attorney General in 2010, and re-elected in 2014.[1][2]

=============================

Your rabbit-trail pattern seems to be such that you want this particular post given as response to your off-topic posts... as often as possible.

I am happy to oblige as it is my way of asking that you start your own topic while also enjoying the opportunity to make the request - each time you ask for it.

#84 BobRyan, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As a few will remember - this is the actual topic of this thread --

It is the "much to be avoided topic" for "some"
    =======================================================================

The TEN Commandments are included in the moral law of God written on the heart under the NEW Covenant.

Moral law of God -- that which "defines what sin is and what righteousness is" - as we see in Romans 7 and in Romans 3.

"I will write My LAW on their heart and mind" Jeremiah 31:31-33

"what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19

So then it is "still a sin" to take God's name in vain". Even for Christians.

"do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we ESTABLISH the LAW of God" Rom 3:31

"the saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus" Revelation 14:12

Ephesians 6:2 The 5th Commandment is the "FIRST commandment with a promise" in what unit of law?

Answer -- in that still-valid unit-of-TEN.

So then even for born-again Christians -- it is a sin to take God's name in vain.

==================================
    the Bible statements above are hardly even debatable given this short list of groups that affirm them.

The Baptist Confession of Faith,
    the Westminster Confession of Faith ,
    D.L. Moody,
    R.C Sproul,
    Matthew Henry,
    Thomas Watson
    Eastern Orthodox Catechism
    The Catholic Catechism.

6. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We need to send the message to Bob and the leadership of the SDA: Abortion can never be legitimate if intentionally done, even if merely “as a means” to a good end. From the official SDA website: "Women, at times however, may face exceptional circumstances that present serious moral or medical dilemmas, such as significant threats to the pregnant woman's life, serious jeopardy to her health, severe congenital defects carefully diagnosed in the fetus, and pregnancy resulting from rape or incest. The final decision whether to terminate the pregnancy or not should be made by the pregnant woman That has pro-abortion written all over it!! I've seen the 'moral dilemma' excuse used over and over to justify abortion. It can mean just about anything the woman wants it to mean and the SDA knows that! Their statement is so slimy it makes me sick!

Lord God, thank you for creating human life in your image.
    Thank you for my life and the lives of those I love.
    Thank you for teaching us through the Scripture the value you place on life.
    Help me uphold the sanctity of life in my church and community.
    Give me the strength to stand up to those forces that seek to destroy the lives of those most vulnerable, the unborn, the infirm and elderly.
    Today, I commit myself to never be silent, to never be forgetful of respecting life; I commit myself to protecting and defending the sacredness of life, according to your will.
    Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

• Like Like x 1
  7. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is it taking the Lord's name in vain to call yourself a Christian and support abortion?

Seventh Day Adventist church is a legal corporation they can pull the name on hospitals even sue. It is their hospitals. AND they do abortions.

SDA has a prophetess which outdoes a Pope any day because anything she says is Declared BY GOD ALMIGHTY directly. If God tells prophet to say anything it is AUTOMATICALLY infallible, automaticly scripture even higher caliber then scripture, it is GOD TALKING she is the mouthpiece.

How you guys shove her in the closet and don't start with her is beyond me, it shows a lack of faith and or deception.

If she is a prophet act like it.

Just try and sell something with the SDA logo : upload_2017-9-11_16-15-43.jpeg

You will get sued in a heartbeat.

This is the church. A non-profit corporation. They did this because no church wants to get hit by taxes but this way they can control who and what is "Seventh Day Adventist".

Seventh Day Adventist protesting against abortion <--- Something I suggest Bob should take a look at, because its one thing hearing us "outsiders" point the finger, People within the Seventh Day Adventist are starting to blow the whistle.

Here is example of a member of SDA fighting abortion, He demonizes Catholics in some videos, but I don't care as long as he is on board with ending abortion in SDA hospitals.

You can't pretend no more brother. Google and research this stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1. we have no pope
    2. Doctrinal statements are voted on by the SDA General Conference in session and your complaints quote no voted statement by the SDA denomination. (Were we simply "not supposed to notice"?)
    3. Our hospitals are not run by pastors AND are not run by Ted Wilson - and many hospitals within the Adventist Health System - are simply managed by an SDA business corporation (also not run by pastors) they are not actually Adventist staffed/owned/operated Hospitals. (We do have some remaining Adventist owned/operated (though not exclusively Adventist staffed) hospitals but they too are not run by pastors)
    4. Most Adventist Hospitals managed by AHS will serve pork to patients when requested. And even some of the Hospitals owned by AHS will do that.
    5. you are welcome to go into this rabbit-trail and topic derailing subject all you wish - on your own thread

(Catholic Hospitals by contrast - tend to be run and heavily staffed by Nuns so they do reflect more the teaching of the church that owns them)

When you do... be sure to include this in your OP --

============================================================

from; Religious Groups’ Official Positions on Abortion

Southern Baptist Convention
    In a 1996 resolution on partial-birth abortion, the Southern Baptist Convention reaffirmed its opposition to abortion, stating that “all human life is a sacred gift from our sovereign God and therefore … all abortions, except in those very rare cases where the life of the mother is clearly in danger, are wrong.”

======================= baptist support for abortion in congress.

Kamala Devi Harris (born October 20, 1964) is an American attorney and politician. A member of the Democratic Party, she currently serves as the junior senator from California. She previously served as the 32nd Attorney General of California.

Harris graduated from Howard University and UC Hastings. After working in the San Francisco District Attorney's office and City Attorney's office, she was elected District Attorney of San Francisco in 2003 and held that position until 2011. Harris was elected California's Attorney General in 2010, and re-elected in 2014.[1][2]

=============================

Your rabbit-trail pattern seems to be such that you want this particular post given as response to your off-topic posts... as often as possible.

I am happy to oblige as it is my way of asking that you start your own topic while also enjoying the opportunity to make the request - each time you ask for it.

Is that the emotionalism you wish to use in your new thread? Please start it then - and let's see how it goes.

(btw - it is interesting that you keep asking for this...)

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

The TEN Commandments are included in the moral law of God written on the heart under the NEW Covenant.

Moral law of God -- that which "defines what sin is and what righteousness is" - as we see in Romans 7 and in Romans 3.

"do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we ESTABLISH the LAW of God" Rom 3:31

"the saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus" Revelation 14:12

Ephesians 6:2 The 5th Commandment is the "FIRST commandment with a promise" in what unit of law?

So then even for born-again Christians -- it is a sin to take God's name in vain.

the Bible statements above are hardly even debatable given this short list of groups that affirm them.

D.L. Moody,
    R.C Sproul,
    Matthew Henry,
    Thomas Watson
    The Catholic Catechism.

Nice... start your thread. We can hardly wait.

10. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Who needs a new thread? Your OFFICIAL SDA WEBSITE sums up your churches ABOMINABLE position on pro-abortion to anyone who has eyes to read. Here is some interesting reading outside of your OFFICIAL SDA WEBSITE:

Abortion in Adventism

One statement caught my eye and reminded me of you, Bob, and your long standing attempts to deflect any attention given your pro-choice SDA denomination. 'The history of Adventism’s abortion policies, both public and internal, is an interesting study in deception and “impression management”. You really work at that 'impression management' on the BB.

#90 Walter, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

You will only get smoke & mirrors from Bob regarding the SDA abortion mills. He won't mention how many SDA's have left the denomination over their position on abortion (made very clear on their official website).

• Like Like x 1
  12. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is a very simple question, Bob.

Any Christian would easily answer.

Is it taking the Lord's name in vain to call yourself a Christian and support abortion?

That tells us if taking the Lord's name is a sin for you or not.

I don't believe you think it is a sin.

1 john 3:15

Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Exodus 21

22“When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman’s husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, 24eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

#92 utilyan, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you quote and use as authority a false prophetess, that is taking His name in vain!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My prayer for Bob:
    In a passage of scripture

Matthew 11
    28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

HankD
    :

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In the irrational fictions that get passed around here -- is one of them that pastors are running hospitals?? Is it that you imagine that these hospitals use the name "seventh-day Adventist" in the name of their hospital and then pastors tell them to do abortions or Ted Wilson does?

Name such a hospital... instead of simply making stuff up.

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

D.L. Moody,
    R.C Sproul,
    Matthew Henry,
    Thomas Watson
    The Catholic Catechism.

===================================

Thanks -- perhaps it will help us find one other person besides myself who is willing to study the Bible on this thread - when it comes to the saints keeping the Commandments of God in Rev 14:12.

So far - Baptist Board is pretty "thin" on the number of people willing to do that.

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In the name of "making stuff up" you have now claimed that my posts are quotes of what God told Ellen White???

Seriously??

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes it is Bob.

There is no way you can know that Bob, you are not the Holy Spirit who alone knows the hearts of men.

Perhaps you should enter into His rest 24/7 not just on Saturday.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your claim that nuns run most Catholic hospitals are a lot of hooey too.
    Today, they preside over 8 of 636 hospitals.
    Any of those 636 hospitals providing abortions, Bob? You know they don't.

I noticed you ignored U's question on whether you believe abortion is a sin. Do you????

The hospitals are just carrying out what your 'remnant church' condones. The OFFICIAL SDA WEBSITE SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. YOUR PRO-DEATH CHURCH IS APOSTATE. But, that is just emotionalism, right Bob? Your church ignores the command 'Thou shalt not kill'. Drop the charade!

'How sad that a child of God could stay a member of a denomination which blatantly condones sin against God's moral standards. If my denomination ever condoned murder (abortion) for ANY reason or condoned homosexuality for any reason I would withdraw my membership immediately and find another church. I would not care if they were fantastically sound on all other points of doctrine, it would not matter to me, they would no longer be supported by my money nor God given gifts.'

It appears this evidence concerning the SDA doctrine on abortion is true. That would end it for me for considering them a church I would attend.

#99 Walter, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you no longer view her as being a true prophet of the Lord then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.