1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

texas has destroyed its electricity grid, blacked out during frigid freeze

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Scott Downey, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Their GND energy grid is a DUD, and their experience is what GND people want for the entire country, plus a lot of dead birds and bats. When the wind does not blow or the sun shine, there is not enough power, and when it does blow, and its frigid outside their is not enough power. Their answer to Texans, was use less power...

Texas's 'Nightmare' Energy Situation Is a Warning to the Rest of America

If there's one thing you would think Texas would be able to do, it's keep the lights on. Most electricity comes from natural gas and Texas produces more of that than any place on the continent. There are huge natural gas deposits all over the state.

Running out of energy in Texas is like starving to death at the grocery store: You can only do it on purpose, and Texas did.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It'll be surprising if the guilty suffer significant repercussions for this catastrophic failure due to criminal government negligence.

3. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Egg on their faces, but I dont think the people behind that push into the GND will care, they will just say it is existential, so learn to live with blackouts.

Frigid weather and little to no wind, if the blades are not turning the oil will turn thick, then the blades can not turn. Maybe they also have to heat the gear oil with electric heaters adding to the problems.

Mexico is abandoning GND ideas, expanding coal production permanently, because they know GND does not work.
    Mexico was once a climate leader – now it's betting big on coal - Flipboard

'Climate leaders' are fools, the phrase meant for fools. Global warming, carbon capture, your carbon footprint, co2 is pollution, those kind of ideas are demonic doctrines of the last days. The people behind those ideas do not keep God in their knowledge, they deny Him.

#3 Scott Downey, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  4. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Another proof AGW are demonic, these same people talk about how people are parasites of earth and want sustainability regulations. They want nature to be free of mankind.

But God tells people to do this here, to subdue the earth, subdue nature and fill the earth with people.

. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

5. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  6. mailmandan

mailmandan Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't speak to Texas's problems as a whole, but here in the eastern part, when we are out of power during winter storms, it is usually a supply chain problem, not a lack of energy being available -- downed power lines due to ice breaking down tree limbs, as such like.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not a bad article but I don't like the term 'finite fossil fuels', which creates assumptions, that hydrocarbons are finite, and came from fossils, of which I dont agree.
    Oil was supposed to peak and run out decades ago, and now we find oil far below fossil layers. Personally I think a lot of oil is abiotic, produced inside the earth, and I also think God intends for us to use it. Oil can refill wells that ran dry from areas deeper down.
    Oil Fields Are Refilling...Naturally - Sometimes Rapidly There Are More Oil Seeps Than All The Tankers On Earth

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “The LEFT” has nothing to do with the Texas grid (ERGOT). ERGOT was created and is controlled by the Texas legislature, which has been dominated and controlled by Republicans for the last 20-30 years.

Contrary to right wing media assertions, the wind power segment of the power grid is performing better than expected, while nuclear, coal, and especially natural gas fueled plants are underperforming. The Governor has issued a call for an thorough investigation, but the issues are a combination of excessive need, failure to make a realistic winter storm plan, and, apparently, an assumption that natural gas would always be available in massive quantities to fuel power-generating plants. In Texas, including my home, natural gas is frequently used for heating and hot water heaters, so homeowners are competing with ERGOT to purchase natural gas through the pipeline infrastructure. My natural gas provider, Atmos, reserves natural gas in appropriate quantities for use of its customers, and in a time of great customer need, ERCOT may not be able to purchase as much as it wants. It would do me no good if I lost gas pressure to my home, but maintaining electricity, since my heating fuel is gas.

An even bigger issue is that the ERCOT’s grid is not sufficiently winterized. Major natural gas pipelines have frozen up due to the cold, making it difficult or impossible to open and close valves. There are also issues with the nuclear plants, although I’m not sure if that information is yet publicly known. We still have some legacy coal plants, and they are also underperforming due to weather, but I don’t have the details on that either.

This is a pretty good article on some of the current issues that are known.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now we see on display what the Biden so called energy policy will be producing, massive lay offs and power outages!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zactly. We're iced over right now, more on the way tonight, outages all around, got the Generac 5500 running this morning after sitting idle for six years. I feel for those that are without power and don't have backup, we went seven days without back in 94 and it ain't no fun when you're not ready for it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I expect a lot of truth in this -- just like my house! We just don't get minus zero here -- but we did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    YES it DOES.
    Global warming ideas have been educated into all people by the LEFT and democrats.

Only the right and republicans keep up any resistance at all, and of course not all do.

Articles like that hide the real costs of green power. Biden and dems, one goal is to make hydrocarbon energy very expensive to help make green energy seem competitive, but that is fake price manipulation of the energy market. I dont expect to convince you of any of that, since your of the LEFT

17. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    More deceitful misinformation from the LEFT

upload_2021-2-17_16-50-6.png

18. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This has nothing to do with green energy. BTW, one of your earlier idiotic points claimed that the wind wasn’t blowing, so the wind turbines wouldn’t work or stay lubricated. The wind HAS been blowing throughout Texas causing wind chill about 15 degrees below the actual temperature (which was -2 F, on Tuesday morning at my home — -17 windchill). If anything, the wind turbines are helping the state with the power issues since many are indeed working.

The reason you won’t convince me of that is (1) I’m here in Texas and know the state well; (2) I am the third generation in my family who has worked in energy production (beginning with my grandfather in 1912 working for the Texaco refinery in Port Arthur, Texas); (3) I am a mineral owner of land where natural gas is extracted; (4) I worked for two different engineering firms during the natural gas fracking boom — one of which supported well development and pipeline construction, and the other electric transmission from West Texas wine turbines to major markets as part of the ERCOT energy grid; (5) I understand the natural gas extraction technology, including wells, fracking fluid disposal, purification of “wet” and “dry” gases, pipeline transmission, natural gas storage, LNG, and the effects of the global market and governmental regulation of the industry.

I am coming from a place of knowledge and you are peddling partisan rhetoric. Don’t try to “educate” me on something you don’t understand.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both you and AOC are speaking from ignorance. You should congratulate each other.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Psaki Says Coal and Natural Gas - NOT Frozen Wind Turbines Caused Power Grid Failure in Texas Cold Snap (VIDEO)
    Texas says frozen wind mills caused the power grid collapse
    Biden and AOC says natural gas turbines and coal use caused the power grid collapse, not the windmills. Psaki is really reaching with her 'uhm' words meaning she is prevaricating and unsure of what she is saying.

Temperatures fell into the teens near Dallas and 20s around Houston with wind chills near zero.
    According to state authorities, nearly half of the wind turbines in Texas froze, hurting the power supplies.

The 2 could not be further apart than that, Biden's team is gaslighting the American public.

Now what you believe to be the truth about what is going on would align you as closer to the LEFT or to the Conservative right.

#20 Scott Downey, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021