1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The much longed-for Abortion thread

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Oct 3, 2017.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Until you "count" the number of Catholic judges on the Supreme Court

Catholic judges the vote "yes" on abortion - set the course for all of America - and we both know it.

2. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Are Catholic judges pastors? (Right out of your play-book, Bob!) Are they the magisterium? Do you know what the OFFICIAL teaching of the Catholic Church on abortion entails? The SDA will not condemn abortion. That Catholic Church has. You can't blame the Catholic Church for the actions of cultural Catholics. We can condemn the SDA's for their pro-choice statement on the Website. It is abominable!

#42 Walter, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  3. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Did he give them the Eucharist then?

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    my statement on abortion being a sin and that the RCC command of both the Supreme court and congress leaves us stuck with it.

And yet... we have this ...

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So then we do have agreement on at least something.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you are not RC- so dont worry about - but you ARE 7DA - and that you have a voice ........

7. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Name the Catholics and their stance. Like you said "details matter".

Any for it? that is auto-excommunication.

Should we follow the SDA PRO-CHOICE Position?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The fact is, Bob, according to your own SDA website, your church IS pro-choice. Why don't you condemn it? I suspect you cannot afford to do so.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Walter - you have that wrong - the SDA is PRO-ABORTION.

I am pro-choice - I believe if the baby chooses abortion - I say go ahead and let him.!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Excellent point!

11. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Bob seems to have become frustrated trying to defend SDA;s pro-abortion position and left the thread he created. There are some SDA's who genuinely care about their churches newer liberal position by it's leadership. Unfortunately, most SDA's are like Bob and will not condemn it. To do so casts doubts on their belief that they are the 'remnant church'. As one SDA said on the video already posted in this thread: 'The Remnant Church must be pro-life, therefore the SDA church will return to being so'. We won't hold our breath. Too much money in it for their hospitals.

#51 Walter, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  12. utilyan

Site Supporter

Bob, What day you praise God on is more important then your child's own life?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is about the worst thread I have ever seen, in this or any other forum. There is something about you that just is not right. What it shows is no respect for a Holy God or the life He created. Maybe you have forgotten He is the Creator and we are the created. Your "what if" questions do not make any sense, as the purpose of them should be to make people ponder the question. If a frog had wings, he would not bump his butt. You seem very confused about history. Just to set the record straight and clear out all of your what ifs, Roe vs Wade was approved 7-2 in 1973. Of the seven voting approval, five were Republican Justices appointed by either President Eisenhower or President Nixon. Catholics and their politicians have nothing to do with the issue. The point is God created life and man after His own image.

Consider these verses from Psalms
    For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be (Psalm 139:13-16).

Yet You brought me out of the womb; You made me trust in You even at my mother's breast. From birth I was cast upon You; from my mother's womb You have been my God (Psalm 22:9-10).

Or these
    Did not He who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same one form us both within our mothers? (Job 31:15).Know that the LORD is God. It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture (Psalm 100:3)This is what the LORD says--He who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you … (Isaiah 44:2).And now the LORD says--he who formed me in the womb to be his servant to bring Jacob back to him and gather Israel to himself, for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD and my God has been my strength (Isaiah 49:5).The word of the LORD came to me, saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations" (Jeremiah 1:4-5)

Who on earth do you think you are to even consider the idea of a created being deciding life and death issues assigned to a Holy God? Every time I hold a grandchild, well, I wont say ought to happen to folks to advocate such barbaric acts.

I guess it all fits together though, you thread makes about as much sense as your hocus pocus theology.

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Maybe you have forgotten that I am against abortion.

Maybe you have forgotten that the abortion problem in America could be "solved" if the Catholics on the Supreme Court would start voting against it.

Maybe you have forgotten that the abortion problem in America could be "solved" if the Catholics in congress would start voting against it.

These are absolute "facts"...

All efforts to "do nothing" as the "solution" noted .. but irrelevant.

And not one SDA voting for it .. among the lot of them.

Today however we have a Catholic majority on SCOTUS -- the point remains.

I was not asking Catholics to "go back in time and get the SCOTUS of 1973 to vote differently" -- as we all know.

All it would to take is for Catholics on the SCOTUS and congress TODAY to start voting like they thought abortion mattered more than politics -- and the problem would be solved.

The point remains.

That is the kind of "don't trouble me with facts" response that is a form of "doing more nothing".

15. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Address the Official SDA website statement on abortion, Bob. 'The final decision whether to terminate the pregnancy or not should be made by the pregnant woman after appropriate consultation'.

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1. It is not a doctrine of the church.
    2. SDAs did not vote abortion into law
    3. SDAS cannot vote it out.

Maybe you have forgotten that the abortion problem in America could be "solved" if the Catholics on the Supreme Court would start voting against it.

Maybe you have forgotten that the abortion problem in America could be "solved" if the Catholics in congress would start voting against it.

These are absolute irrefutable "facts"...

All efforts to "do nothing" as the "solution" noted .. but irrelevant.

Roe vs Wade was approved 7-2 in 1973. Of the seven voting approval, five were Republican Justices appointed by either President Eisenhower or President Nixon.

And not one SDA voting for it .. among the lot of them. By contrast Catholics are STILL voting abortion on both SCOTUS and congress!!!

Today however we have a Catholic majority on SCOTUS -- the point remains.

I was not asking Catholics to "go back in time and get the SCOTUS of 1973 to vote differently" -- as we all know.

All it would to take is for Catholics on the SCOTUS and/or congress TODAY to start voting like they thought abortion mattered more than politics -- and the problem would be solved.

The point remains.

"
    Later, in Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992), the Court rejected Roe's trimester framework while affirming its central holding that a woman has a right to abortion until fetal viability.[2] The Roe decision defined "viable" as "potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid."[3] Justices in Casey acknowledged that viability may occur at 23 or 24 weeks, or sometimes even earlier, in light of medical advances.[4]

In disallowing many state and federal restrictions on abortion in the United States,[5][6] Roe v. Wade prompted a national debate that continues today"

========= so then 2016 the HB2 bill that was set to kill all but 10% of the abortion clinics in Texas -

Supreme Court defends Roe V Wade – 2016 on HB2

Supreme Court Issues a Ruling on Texas HB2 Anti-Abortion Law

Voting to defend Roe-V-Wade in the HB2 case --

Justice Stephen G. Breyer delivered the majority opinion, joined by justices
    Anthony M. Kennedy, (RCC)
    Ruth Bader Ginsburg,
    Sonia Sotomayor, (RCC)
    Elena Kagan.

With just two LESS Catholics voting Roe-V-wade we would have had a solution in 2016.

It is not merely 1973 that is gives us the problem - it is the current set of Catholics on SCOTUS having 2-too-many votes i favor of abortion. And the current Catholics in congress doing the same - and the Catholics on this board know it!!

So why do they keep demanding that I remind everyone of this!!???

=====

this is not merely a ranting-point or a nagging-right -- it is a detail that would CHANGE the situation in America. Why are so many Catholics anxious that we "not notice the details"???

#56 BobRyan, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But are you willing to admit - that the SDA website is in error?

Apparently the SCOTUS (regardless of religion) will not change.
    What needs to happen is for conservatives to be appointed to the bench.

What we need to do is pray that some of the liberals will step down (retire).

BTW, I am getting tired of the same answer you keep giving -
    Now, lets pray that changes are forthcoming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. utilyan

Site Supporter

BOB i don't care if the POPE carried out an abortion!

AS church teaching SDA APPROVE ABORTION!

Your CHURCH and ITS hospitals DO ABORTIONS. And TEACHES that it is OK.

You are not going to get cleaner doing your best to make others look dirty.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

The fact remains the SDA Website (Official) makes it VERY what the SDA teaches about abortion. Please answer Salty's question as to whether or not you are willing to admit the Official SDA church website is in error.

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1. the only doctrines that the SDA church has that are voted by the entire denomination -- are listed in the 28 Fundamental Beliefs.

2. The only group whose actual vote on the SCOTUS and/or Congress could in fact change the abortion problem in America - (were they to actually value that issue above politics) is the RCC.

3 The SDA church never voted abortion into American life -- and no vote by a few administrators of the SDA church could remove the problem from America.

These facts do not "change" simply because this or that person wants to chase BobRyan (who never votes in favor of abortion) around on the BaptistBoard on this topic

I think we all knew that to start with.