1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The much longed-for Abortion thread

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Oct 3, 2017.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    all this time and still not one post from you showing that the SDA denomination voted pro-abortion into its statements of belief and practice?

What a huge failure that must be for you.

Suppose that all SDAs on the Supreme Court voted against abortion -- what would be the result?

Now what if you could get all Catholics on the Supreme court to do that?

Hmmm.. best focus on SDAs who have no doctrine in favor of abortion as your "solution"... eh???

2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But do you have a pro-life statement in your doctrinal statement

4. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We showed you from the official SDA website, they allow abortion.

If you could just say that website is false not the actual SDA church, that would fly with me.

5. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

All this time and still not one post from you showing that the SDA denomination voted pro-life into it's statements of belief and practice. What huge failure that must be for you!

The fact remains, Bob, that you refuse to condemn the clear pro-abortion (choice) statement that is on the OFFICIAL WEBSITE of the SDA. If that is only the view of few in your church leadership, why is it not deleted and a pro-life statement inserted????

Why not answer, Bob?

6. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are dead on pointing out the RCC sins here Bob. However, your church is supporting abortion in it's own way no matter how you try to justify it in your own mind. And I will add that the majority of "professing" Christians of all sects are guilty of supporting abortion through our representative government. Just supporting the Democratic agenda by voting for pro-abortion candidates is supporting abortion.

Let me ask you a question, do you know if any of your SDA members vote for pro-abortion candidates?

7. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oxymoron.

8. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

When I hear that term, I think of Billy Mays.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is the RCC members most interested in making sure this detail comes out.

My other point is that "making a difference" by having all RCC members of SCOTUS vote against abortion would actually end it.

The RCC tactic would be like those with their "hand on the switch" trying to get attention focused on some passing motorist as their "diversion".

Failure to understand how the SDA church is organized leads people to that misunderstanding. There has never been a voted statement by the SDA denomination in favor of abortion.

10. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    'Failure to understand how the SDA church is organized leads people to that misunderstanding. There has never been a voted statement by the SDA denomination in favor of abortion.'

No, your OFFICIAL SDA WEBSITE makes it perfectly clear what the SDA GUIDELINES are regarding abortion. BTW, why has there been NO VOTE??? If the polity of your denomination is such that each congregation can decide for itself whether it supports the murder of the unborn or not you should get out of such a denomination NOW! Many have left the SDA over it's pro-abortion position, you should leave her too!

You have sidestepped the OFFICIAL GUIDELINES of the SDA website all the way through this thread.

11. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Bob,

We showed you from the official SDA website, they allow abortion.

If you could just say that website is false not the actual SDA church. That would make a difference concerning at least you.