"The Prophecy of Israel"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by church mouse guy, May 23, 2018.

1. David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Cyrus allowed the Jews to return, only some of them did, as well as some of the other tribes. Those who did not return, many of them, mixed with the gentiles, so they will be included in all nations. At least one of the "ten lost tribes" was mentioned in the NT.

2. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who get saved are children of God, but still genetically Jews or gentiles still!

3. Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is of no spiritual significance & in any case once the Jews recognised converted Gentiles as true believers in the one body, there was no need to keep marriage only to other Jews. The DNA would soon be very mixed & genetic Jews would cease to be identified as Jews & children genetically mixed.

As John states:
    11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God – 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.. ​

4. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jews still Jews, gentiles still Gentiles, even after saved!

5. Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The more you tweet, the more it becomes clear that you are in serious error. You have a "template" for interpreting the Scripture that prevents you seeing what is written.

John 1: 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God – 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Mat. 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptising, he said to them: ‘You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, “We have Abraham as our father.” I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The axe has been laid to the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

John 8:33 They answered him, ‘We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?’
    34 Jesus replied, ‘Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it for ever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know you are Abraham’s descendants. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my word. 38 I am telling you what I have seen in the Father’s presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father.’
    39 ‘Abraham is our father,’ they answered.
    ‘If you were Abraham’s children,’ said Jesus, ‘then you would do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.’

‘We are not illegitimate children,’ they protested. ‘The only Father we have is God himself.’
    42 Jesus said to them, ‘If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.’

Acts 3:22 For Moses said, “The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. 23 Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from their people.”
    24 ‘Indeed, beginning with Samuel, all the prophets who have spoken have foretold these days. 25 And you are heirs of the prophets and of the covenant God made with your fathers. He said to Abraham, “Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.” 26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways.’

6. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of the thousands making up New Covenant Israel were circumcised believing Jews to whom God added believing gentiles.

7. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no claim to salvation any jew can make apart from jesus Himself, as he is messiah of both jews/Gentiles, but the Jews who get saved stay Jewish, just as we Gentiles stay gentiles!

8. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Jews in nation of israel who get saved are jewish christians, correct?

9. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still on that same wrong path?

The Jewish people have retained their national identity thru the centuries, & now their state is re-established. And again, Jesus does NOT yet occupy David's throne. He is NOT physically ruling over physical Israelis. Christian Israelis worship & serve Him by faith, and the instructions of Scripture.

The throne of David is still on earth. Somewhere, there's a descendant of David's ruling over Israelis. That's SCRIPTURAL, as God said He was establishing david's throne FOR EVER, re-iterating in jeremiah 33 that there would still be descendants of David's ruling over Israelis, at the time He was preparing to remove Zedekiah from the throne.

Jeremiah 33:25 “Thus says the Lord: ‘If My covenant is not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth, 26 then I will cast away the descendants of Jacob and David My servant, so that I will not take any of his descendants to be rulers over the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. For I will cause their captives to return, and will have mercy on them.’ ”

God said this so Jeremiah and those who heard his messages from God would know David's throne was NOT ending with Zedekiah, and there would yet be multiple descendants of David's who would be rulers over Israelis. God used pretty strong language there to emphasize the truth & importance of His message.

Again, please remember that, while all Jews are Israelis, not all Israelis are Jews.

10. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Time for you to give up that ridiculous claim. The prophecies for Israel & Judah are for the physical descendants of Jacob, circumcised or not.

11. Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I consider that post is serious heresy - denying the LORD Jesus Christ, who was declared to be - Jesus the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham: Mat. 1

The throne of Israel was NOT the physical David's throne -
    And the LORD told him: ‘Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. 1 Sam. 8:7

23 So Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king in place of his father David. 1 Chr. 29.

1 The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad;
    let the distant shores rejoice.
    2 Clouds and thick darkness surround him;
    righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne. Psalm 97

29 ‘Fellow Israelites, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. 30 But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. 31 Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay. 32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. Acts 2

24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 1 Cor. 15

And you claim that there is some physical son of David presently fulfilling the promises & prophecies of God concerning the Messiah. Your teaching is carnal.

25 He said to them, ‘How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?’ 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself. Luke 24

Peter echoes Moses' warning to the Jews -
    22 For Moses said, “The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. 23 Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from their people.” Acts 3

I hope you are not a teacher or preacher.

12. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not true. Please consider:

“It is not as though the word of God had failed. For not all those who are descended from Israel are truly Israel,nor are all the children Abraham’s true descendants; rather “through Isaac will your descendants be counted.”This means it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God; rather, the children of promise are counted as descendants.” (Romans 9:6–8) (NET)

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.” (Galatians 3:16) (KJV 1900)

“And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” (Galatians 3:29) (KJV 1900)

In Romans 11, God removed the unbelievers from the Israeli Church/State, leaving only the believing Church, to whom he grafted in believing gentiles.

13. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Today's "Jews" and State of Israel" are not biblical Jews or biblical Israel. Jesus is Israel along with those who accepted him. “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) (KJV 1900)

This means, none of the promises are to those who rejected him, including the land. Indeed, they remain under God's wrath forever.

“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” (John 3:36) (KJV 1900)

14. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    People call themselves "Messianic Jews" but this is like saying I'm a "Christian Christian".

15. David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely incorrect
    • Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

16. David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you like to tell us who and where this person is?

17. David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No they are Christians.

18. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read Scripture. The sun, the moon, and the stars have not changed.

Jeremiah 31:34-36 (KJV) ...for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, [and] the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts [is] his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, [then] the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

19. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you belong to Israel (Christ) this promise is for you! It is not for those who hate and loathe Jesus.

“For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) (KJV 1900)

That also means None of the promises are for those who reject Jesus.

20. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Save that the Apostle Paul, A JEW, held that God was not done forever with national Israel, as He is dealing with the gentiles right now, and once that is over , He will then be turning back to deal with the Jewish people, as the great tribulation is preparing them to meet their God, Jesus Christ as their King!