the "T" of the TULIP

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by atpollard, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

My post #145 was a scriptural response to post #124.

I am not going to speculate about the widow's spiritual condition.

I do not believe a born-again believer, sealed by the Holy Spirit, can neither lose the salvation nor would they want to!

2. Derf B Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God’s Grace is exhibited in the substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ. But you and others here are telling us that it is exhibited by an additional thing that’s required before someone believes. Thus can’t be Christ’s death, because His death doesn’t have an exclusion clause that prevents it from being effective for all, which aligns nicely with John 3:16–God so loved the whole world...

The exclusion clause comes from people not believing, which keeps them in condemnation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not everyone receives that substitutionary atonement.
    You have completely ignored what God tells us in Ephesians 2. I have provided the observation of what God says.

Ephesians 2:4-9 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Look at the text, Derf. Accept what the text so very clearly tells you.

4. Derf B Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s exactly what I said! I’m glad we’re in agreement![/QUOTE]
    You have completely ignored what God tells us in Ephesians 2. I have provided the observation of what God says.[/QUOTE]
    Not ignored—disagreed with your interpretation. You would understand scripture better if you learn to speak and write more precisely.

5. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six hour warning
    This thread will be closed no sooner than 7 am edt/ 4 am pdt

6. Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To me, it's a very accurate dichotomy.
    Respectfully,
    I think that you're misunderstanding the question and the subject as a whole.
    God doesn't offer anything.

He makes promises, and only those to whom the promises were made are going to experience the end result.
    For example, if someone truly believes on Christ for the forgiveness of their sins, it wasn't because we "took Him up on His offer".

It's because the objects of His grace received those gifts and promises from Him because of His love for them.
    The real answer is found in God's word.

To me, when a person studies the Scriptures for themselves over a long period of time, one either continues to see salvation as an "offer" with "conditions" that need to be met before the offer can be accepted,
    Or one comes to see that salvation is a completely unmerited gift, and that God saves someone apart from any "conditions"...
    With God either knowing who will believe, or God's "knowing" equaling His loving them and giving them His gifts based on His completely unmerited favor upon them as His chosen children.
    They then believe and trust in Him because of His working in their lives by the power of His Spirit.

There it is..
    Salvation by man's efforts plus God's efforts, or salvation by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.
    We are either His workmanship, created "in Christ Jesus", or we are a product of both His workmanship and ours...co-operating with Him in His work to achieve a goal...our escape from eternal punishment in Hell.

Derf,
    There's way more to what God's children are than simply saved from His wrath;
    They are saved to an eternal relationship with Him and His Son.
    I truly hope that you come to see it, if you have not already.:)

May God bless you always, sir.

7. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 9:45 AM Pacific.

8. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not once have you actually addressed the text. Instead, you have walked around it. Actually read it and observe what it says. This isn't rocket science. God is straight forward. Yet, you teach something different than what God says. Please acknowledge this.

9. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This Thread is closed