1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Today the First Amendment LOST!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Mar 11, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like a lot of people who are not necessarily believers, and of course, Trump claims to be a Christian, so who am I to judge? I think he represents best what I feel is missing in our leaders, and that is the ability to say it like it is. He is definitely not PC, another good point. Does that clear up any confusion? He will get my vote. With the hope that he loves America enough to really fix her. And not end up doing nothing like all the others I've voted for over the years for only to be disappointed.

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So do I, but that’s not the point.

He claims to be a Christian who has no need to ask for forgiveness. He advocates positions and attitudes that are nearly a complete reversal of the Sermon on the Mount and the overall teachings of Christ and His church for the last 2,000 years.

I think it is fair to judge that Trump is not a Christian disciple (one who is committed to and subordinate to the teachings of Christ).

But that is also not the point.

You think a disregard for the Constitution – particularly the Bill of Rights – is something that you want in our leaders? I mean you are correct that he represents something that we really haven’t had before in a major party candidate, but you want a person who wants to throw away our American heritage of equal standing under the law, freedom of speech and the press for everyone, and religious freedom for everyone. That’s appalling.

Hateful, violence-condoning rhetoric is something you appreciate?

Political correctness is a red herring. He lacks respect for anyone who is different than himself.

Unfortunately, yes.

That’s deplorable. How can you pray, “Thy Kingdom come,” when you are exerting your influence to give power to one who has so much contempt for other people, calling them “losers.”

Actually, I’m afraid Trump will attempt to do exactly what he promises – undermine the Bill of Rights and reject America’s heritage in favor of his enormous ego. We do not need a thug as President.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well your long list of opinions is appreciated. However, we must in love, agree to disagree, because I do not see things according to how you see things. Go in peace. For I have peace in my heart, and wish the same for you. The truth is, regardless of whom you like or I like, it is God who establishes our leaders, and I trust Him to put the right man in office. Shalom!

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things... 1 Cor. 2:15

13Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

17But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.
    James 3:13-18

Yep. Shows that Christ is absent from your equation . But I was never confused about that.

Don't put your confidence in powerful people; there is no help for you there. Psalm 146:3 The evangelical church needs to clearly see why millennials demonstrate a lack of spiritual dedication to absolute truth over the lack of substance of the "emergent".

They look at the old folks and see their lack of faith and trust in Christ. Any Christian who is placing his trust in a politician to fix what's wrong with this country is foolishly confused about WHO will fix this country.
    And this is so like the stories of the Bible where men try to "fix" things their way instead of God's way.

#24 Zaac, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you noticed that people on this forum, from right-leaning to leftward-leaning, have in a unified voice pointed out the same issues with Trump? While many of us would disagree about many things with each other, we all agree that Trump is NOT a person who holds any appreciation for the American form of government and the freedoms we cherish.

That should make you take a deep breath and consider that you might be making a terrible mistake.

I'm sorry, I don't know how you can have "peace" in your heart and willingly support one who is against Christ. How can you have "peace" in your heart when he advocates violence against those who oppose him and offers to defend those who attack?

Something is seriously wrong if you have "peace" in your heart about that.

Yet God has given us an opportunity to do His will as Christians in the voting process. (You realize that Jesus often does His will through the work of His followers, right? Or do you wait around for Jesus to preach, teach, love, feed the hungry, and do good works while you commit yourself to the opposite of that?)

If you really believe such a passive approach, I request that you not cast a vote or express another political opinion since you claim God is going to do it with or without us.

Ezekiel 13:8-16
    “Therefore, this is what the Lord God says: I am against you because you have spoken falsely and had lying visions.” This is the declaration of the Lord God. “My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and speak lying divinations. They will not be present in the fellowship of My people or be recorded in the register of the house of Israel, and they will not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord Yahweh.

“Since they have led My people astray saying, ‘Peace,’ when there is no peace, for when someone builds a wall they plaster it with whitewash, therefore, tell those who plaster it that it will fall. Torrential rain will come, and I will send hailstones plunging down, and a windstorm will be released. Now when the wall has fallen, will you not be asked, ‘Where is the coat of whitewash that you put on it?’

“So this is what the Lord God says: I will release a windstorm in My wrath. Torrential rain will come in My anger, and hailstones will fall in destructive fury. I will tear down the wall you plastered with whitewash and knock it to the ground so that its foundation is exposed. The city will fall, and you will be destroyed within it. Then you will know that I am Yahweh. After I exhaust My wrath against the wall and against those who plaster it with whitewash, I will say to you: The wall is no more and neither are those who plastered it — those prophets of Israel who prophesied to Jerusalem and saw a vision of peace for her when there was no peace.” This is the declaration of the Lord God.

• Like Like x 1
  6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I have peace in my heart". Uh-huh.

7. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    pastor trump.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Well that settles it. Now we know how Donald Trump will bring back the American Dream.[​IMG]

Does he get the writers from The Celebrity Apprentice to write this stuff for him? [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2