1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Today's COPS Incident

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And I have to wonder why folks think it's okay to treat someone like this? Yet we keep seeing it justified again and again in situations dealing with something just trivial and foolish. And for a class that wasn't supposed to have any phones, there sure was a lot of angles. I'm just saying.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Anyone think it's odd that the police are allowed to treat our children like this but if we treat them the same it's a crime and the "authorities" can take them away from us?

Have you guys heard the latest yet? The police are whining about the "YouTube effect". They're claiming that being under constant surveillance by citizens is making them less aggressive in their duties.

These are the same people that are doing everything they can to keep us all under constant surveillance.

Am I allowed to use the word hypocrisy in this context mods?

#22 poncho, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More of the same. It is getting old.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong again .... hypotheticals are the best you can put forth. Well, what if the girl had stabbed the cop in his neck with a pencil ?

The facts is she was not hurt in any way. Just her pride, too bad.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I totally agree. The kind of hyped up police action that Zaac describes is getting very old. The police task should be to de-escalate the situation, not escalate.

I appreciate the posts made here by members who emphasis the positive police actions. It reminds us of how it should and can be done.

6. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fired over instances that did not hold up in a court of law, or fired over the case still pending?

• Like Like x 1
  7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What is sad is that this was the third person to try to get this girl out of the classroom. During this time, the entire class was not being educated. They lost learning time because of the selfishness of this girl. The cop asked her to get out of her seat and she refused. He pulled her up and she pulled the desk with her. If this were my child, not only would I let her sit in jail for a while but she'd be in some sort of treatment facility when she got out. Seriously - How many of us even just picked up a toddler having a temper tantrum and it would look similar to this?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It could have been the fifteenth person and it would not have warranted that kind of treatment. The young lady apparently wasn't even on the phone at the time. The teacher WAS teaching until the officer came in and disrupted the class.
    She can share the blame for that with the teacher and the officer.

And the teacher and the officer.
    And? Refusing to get out of your seat is now license for a cop to put his arm around your neck, slam you to the floor and then throw you across the room?

You let me know the next time you're okay with a cop pulling you up by your neck.

You have gone over the deep end. ;)If you've been picking toddlers up by their neck and slamming them on the floor and then slinging them across the room, you need to be locked up just as the officer does. And I guarantee if this had been your child, your response would be completely different.

I do wonder where all the Violence against Women groups are in this. They've been very quiet. Where is NOW and the others?

9. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can safely say I have never upended my toddler's high chair while she was having a temper tantrum causing her to go backwards and risk busting her head open or causing a neck injury and I also never dragged her across the room afterwards.

Let's get this out of the way. Nobody is saying that the girl isn't a problem or deserved to be disciplined or cited. Not one person. That is a given. Not complying with the police doesn't make it open season though. I'll say the kids watching got a pretty good education though while watching that craziness.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What's crazy is that same cop would arrest any one of us for doing the same thing to our own kid.

And the people who are defending the cop now would be defending him then.

#30 poncho, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I work part time with some pretty tough teenagers in one to the roughest parts of Dublin as a literacy tutor. We often have discipline issues on a regular basis, but not once in 13 years have we had to resort to this kind of action. We have been able to talk the kids back from the edge instead of pushing them over the edge. I just can't see the justification for this kind of action unless the girl had actually pulled a weapon on the officer.

• Like Like x 1
  12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It's all part of training us up in the American police state. The kids are treated more like inmates than students now.

We're either drugging the kids or beating them into submission or both. This will either produce a generation of sheepish zombie citizens or what the Southern Poverty Law Center likes to call "extremists".

#32 poncho, Oct 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  13. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where are people seeing this? The cop grabs her left wrist and pulls it off of the desk. In the struggle she puts her left hand under the desk all the while the cop is holding onto to her wrist. Then he starts to lift her and the desk up and backwards and see tries to punch the cop. At no point is she clutching onto the desk with either hand.

I hope no one has ever thrown their toddler around like this--like a rag doll. I never have done so.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh gosh - I'm sorry!! I didn't realize that she was just sitting in class being taught, doing nothing wrong at all! From what I have read from new sources, she was on the phone, the teacher stopped teaching and asked her to get off the phone, she said "no", and from that point on the teaching was no longer going on. Every other student in that class was being denied an education because she refused to listen to the teacher and it had to escalate through 3 people before she was removed from the classroom.

Excuse me? She chose to disrupt the class and it's the teacher and officer's fault? Interesting.

Hmm - She fought him. He went to pull her out of the chair (realize that he asked her to get up and she refused) and she fought him, knocking over the chair and he pulled her away from that area to be able to get her to a safer place where he could get her on the ground and handcuffed without injuring the other children.

He didn't do that. He pulled her up by her upper arm and outside left leg pants after he initially asked her to get up, she refused, he took her arm to pull her out of the chair and she started fighting.

Hmm - I have picked up a toddler out of a high chair and had them throw such a fit that the high chair went flying. I fortunately was able to have a good grip on their whole body so I could prevent them from falling but had that child been bigger, I very well could have lost my grip on the child and they had fallen.

They probably saw the video and see what I see - a cop trying to take an adult (she is 18 years old) into custody and them resisting arrest.

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

How does the cop lift the desk? I don't see him grabbing it.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#37 poncho, Oct 28, 2015
  18. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's clutching the girl's left wrist to immobilize her. She sticks her hand under the desk. He lifts her up by the neck with his right arm and lifts up the desk (while holding her left wrist) with his left arm.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How
    Solution?

How do you propose they get this girl out of the classroom and stop her disrupting everyone else's education?

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Look at the video when the officer comes in. The teacher was still teaching. Every student in the class was being denied an education when the officer entered and slammed her onto the floor and then slung her across said floor. In the midst of this escalation, this could have been solved with one call to her parents. Or the teacher or an administrator dealing with her and her parents in the principal's office after the class .

Yep. She wasn't disrupting the class when the officer came in. It was the officer causing the disruption at this point. And the teacher was at fault for letting him do what he did.

You're a woman. Some guy starts pulling on you and puts his arm around your neck, and I'll bet you try to fight too.

I'll say again, the next time some guy starts to pull you up by your neck, please report back and let us know how you did nothing. Or better yet, have someone send photos of your dead or paralyzed body. Nobody with good sense is gonna sit still and allow someone to yank them around by their neck

He picked her and the chair up and slammed her backwards.

Are you blind? He slung her across the floor.

Just a silly comment in lieu of what people can plainly see.

You either wear trifocals and can't see straight or you're willfully being ignorant of what that video shows.

You're continuing to sound silly. Ain't nobody yanking any toddler up by the neck and slamming him on the floor and then slinging the toddler across the floor. If you've done that, you need to be in a cell right next to this officer.

And there we have the mote excuse. She was resisting arrest.:rolleyes: At what point did you hear him place her under arrest? This seems to be the MO of the militarized police. Get physical with them so that they respond likewise and then you can claim they were resisting arrest before you shot them dead on the spot.

The American public is no longer falling for it.