1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tongue speakers please answer

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Lorelei, May 16, 2002.

1. ONENESS

ONENESS New Member

Blood
    Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through
    him. (does this means there is nothing else to do?)

Confessing and Believing

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (does this mean there is nothing else to do?)

Calling

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (does this mean there is nothing else to do?)

Baptisim
    Romans 6:Know ye not that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Thefore we are buried with him by baptism into death; that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father even so we also should walkin newness of life. (Is this all that we must do?)

Spirit
    Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flehs but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of Dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ. He is none of his.

(Is there still more that we need to do?)

DHK, maybe I shouold Retract my previous statement. I should not say every book in the bible. But like I said before, we must use every book. They all go together.

But I should have said I can show you many diffrent examples where God Chose Blood, Water, Spirit as a means to salvation

Godbless

2. ONENESS

ONENESS New Member

BLAH BLAH BLAH............Did you say something?????

3. ONENESS

ONENESS New Member

Where in the world did you get that from?</font>[/QUOTE]Yeah ONENESS, you copied it from Multimom. And in so doing have become just as evil and malicious. Check things out before blowing your stack.
    DHK[/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]DHK, without getting mad I would like you to retract your previous statement. How do you know with what Attitude I asked this? Before you start makeing your attacks, make sure you know attitude behind the question.

IT was totally inocent.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I agree with most of what he says, though not everything. He makes some very good points, sometimes in a slightly crude way, but that just seems to be his styly of writing.
    DHK

5. ONENESS

ONENESS New Member

DHK maybe I should ask you to try to demonstrate the plan of salvation without the book of Acts. YOU CANT DO IT. Neither can you do it with out any of the other books.

I cant explain salvation with out Romans, Hebrews, John......and fully understand it.
    No one can, save God.

Godbless

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

7. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

The only way I know how to sum up the past 21 pages:

wow.

Bro. Adam

8. Naomi

Naomi New Member

I agree with most of what he says, though not everything. He makes some very good points, sometimes in a slightly crude way, but that just seems to be his styly of writing.
    DHK
    </font>[/QUOTE]DHK,
    I am shocked! I find that web site extremely offensive. I am surprised it is even allowed to be posted on this message board. It is no wonder it is such a small church, and not growing.
    I have disagreed with certain doctrinal beliefs of churches, yet, I can stand firm in the fact that they are christians and true brother's and sister's in the Lord.
    I can honestly say that this site has nothing to do with the same Jesus that I follow.
    For anyone who is not a Christian who would read this, I would say to you that, the web-site posted, has nothing to do with Christianity.
    Naomi :( very sad indeed!

9. ONENESS

ONENESS New Member

DHK
    </font>[/QUOTE]DHK,
    I am shocked! I find that web site extremely offensive. I am surprised it is even allowed to be posted on this message board. It is no wonder it is such a small church, and not growing.
    I have disagreed with certain doctrinal beliefs of churches, yet, I can stand firm in the fact that they are christians and true brother's and sister's in the Lord.
    I can honestly say that this site has nothing to do with the same Jesus that I follow.
    For anyone who is not a Christian who would read this, I would say to you that, the web-site posted, has nothing to do with Christianity.
    Naomi :( very sad indeed!
    </font>[/QUOTE]Naomi, dont worry, DHK somehow got his feelings hurt. And he must be very angry too...... Its going to be ok DHK, This too shall pass.

Godspeed

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

11. Naomi

Naomi New Member

[/qb][/QUOTE]Naomi,
    It's basic premise is that the Charismatic movement is not of God, and thus the "baptism of the Holy Spirit," as redefined by the Charismatics is not of God, and speaking in tongues is not of God. We have been saying that all along. He sets out to prove his statements in way that you are unaccustomed to. Most of what he says is not wrong. If you want to discuss "what shocks you," that might make for good discussion.
    DHK[/QB][/QUOTE]

It is not their beleifs in the "charismatic" movement that shocks me... What shocks me, is that you think they have anything to do with Christianity!
    I agree that there is alot of "hype" in today's Charismatic teachings. There is emotionalism, some being tossed to and fro with every wind of doctrine, some, totally off the wall, and some, who are very godly, and sound christians.
    I am not one to critisize anybody's ministries that I do not personally know. Or to look up web-sites that falsely portray, or quote out of context what a person has stated. I am very careful, lest I "touch one of God's annointed". Yet, I say, with all warning, to be careful of that web-site that was posted.
    Naomi

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Unless you quote what they say, I don't know what you are referring to.
    What I said personally, is that it is not of God. I am referring to the movement, and the gifts, and the experiences. They are not of God. I am not saying that there are no sincere Christians among the Charismatics. I never said that. I know that there are. But they are sincerely wrong in their theology.
    Is it concerning what I said or what the site said that bothered you. Here is what the site said:

"Now, because the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to draw real Christians together, the modern Charismatic movement is the most dangerous movement possible, for it draws Christians together at the expense of the truth. You may as well lay it down and settle it in your heart. Any movement that gets Christians of different denominations together, at the expense of the Book that the Holy Spirit wrote, is Satanic. Any movement that expounds "love" among the brethren, while basing it all on an emotional experience, is a demoniac movement."

He uses fairly strong language. His basic premise is true. The Charismatic movement is one of the most dangerous movements in the world today, ultimately being used of the devil to promote a one world church, described in Revelation 17. It is a movement that puts its emotions and experiences of greater value and importance than the Word of God. It is totally ecumenical in that it encompasses almost all religions such as Mormons, Hindus, and Voodoo worshippers, which I have mentioned many times already. Is this any different than what I have been saying all along?
    DHK

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

14. Multimom

Multimom New Member

DHK:

I had absolutely no intention of putting Granny in a bad light as I consider her a sister in Christ and a friend, and at present I am interceeding for her and her son in prayer.

My point is that the author is not just crude, I found him to be down right offensive. He referred to the "circumcised, pork-obstaining etc Jew thing more than once and in this country this considered to be anti-semetic and more than just offensive. Its down right racist.

15. Naomi

Naomi New Member

:rolleyes:

Like I said, it has nothing to do with their interpretation of the "Charismatic Movement."
    To be well-informed, you need to go back and read their various beliefs.
    Naomi

16. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, folks. It's getting a bit out of hand. Please keep in mind that we should be imitators of Christ and that the attitudes that are posted publicly here are read all over the world by believers and non-believers alike.

I'm going to close this one. As always, I'm sure a new one will open up on the exact same subject again within a few moments. I implore all of you to seperate the subject from the person and go back to friendly debate done in love and charity.

Clint Kritzer