1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump's Tax Reform Plan

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I live in Texas and we don't have a state income tax (they get us from every other direction), so it won't affect me either way, but I think that's actually going to hurt a lot of people in states with high tax rates. It may turn out to be a tax increase for them instead of a break.

2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've got a 6 and an 8 year old, and I can't remember the last year I got anything for the child tax credit.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But Evangelicals have claimed Trump to be a baby Christian....so just give him 8 years....and everything will be OK, :Rolleyes

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nobody gives a fig about this guy's legacy.:Coffee

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, one of the more odd rationalizations some have used...

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True Christians need to pray hard....very fervently & hard.

Be well brother

8. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With the report that 80% of white "evangelical Christians" voted for Trump, I said to an assistant pastor at my church the real loser in this election is Christ's Church not the Democrats. This served to further reinforce the view by many non-church goers that the church is full of hypocrites. Calling Trump a "baby Christian" when there's absolutely no evidence of that simply increases the damage. If these people had been honest and simply said they voted for the Republican candidate because they place their party affiliation above their Christian view of morality (whatever that means for this group) that would have been a much more honest reply and reduced the damage to evangelistic progress in America.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately not. Stiffing small businessmen by refusing to pay for their work. Having a child out of wedlock. Working with our greatest enemy to influence the election. Firing the Justice Dept. official investigating that link. Trying to block the commission investigating that. Refusing to release his tax returns hiding who knows what. Promising coal miners he would support them while planning to cut off their ObamaCare insurance, as well as Social Security and Medicare. Proposing a tax plan which will dramatically increase the national debt while benefiting the ultra rich including himself. Discussing sensitive national securities opening at his Fla. resort. Personally benefiting from sending business to himself as president/businessman. Actually, I would agree that the worst of this won't happen until and unless his policies are implemented. Senior citizens and retired people will simply have no alternative to continue to support themselves when Trump takes down Social Security and Medicare. About 60% of retirees rely on Social Security for over half their income and most people retiring these days go on Medicare. Don't think he's trying to destroy these programs? Read the fine print. He already is doing things to go in that direction. Then there's his attack on Medicaid. Do you know that most Medicaid funds are spent on senior citizens to keep them in nursing homes? Without Medicaid support they would simply be put out on the street.

What has he done that is positive? Well, I agree with his statement that Bush and Cheney should have been impeached for war crimes but that had no effect today.

• Like Like x 1
  10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have odd definitions of moral atrocities. Outside of having a child out of wedlock everything you've listed is a political and/or economic issue.

An example of a moral atrocity is mass murder. Or torture.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt that many of these "atrocities" think of themselves as such when they grow up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not talking about the child. I'm talking about the father who's posing as a "Christian."

13. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Held up by RINOs.

14. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    LOL ~ my last 80's copy of the Federal Tax Code was over 10.000 pages long and the Federal Tax Code is now over 70,000 pages long. And additionally there are tens of thousands of Federal Regulations specifically applicable to the Federal Tax Code.

I'm sure the critics have ALL read the Federal Tax Code and it's Regulations and have come to a conclusion of what should be changed, and think they have the POWER to repeal and rewrite what they would like implemented....like they apparently think the President has read while relaxing in the White House and exercising "his power" (lol) to repeal and rewrite Laws!

Good grief ~ Having an IDEA and making a PLAN to effect any IDEA is a process, with obstacles and considerations to take into account....

Calm down people ~ stop criticizing Trump's time frame of effecting what you know he is working on....
    and get to getting fulfilling all your own things you said you were "gunna do"....clean that garage, paint the house, call your mom, play ball with your kid....sheesh!

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The criticism is that he's talked about his tax reform plan for over 18 months now. Got elected in November. There's a couple of months where he should have had an IDEA of what he wanted to do. All I was asking for was an announcement with an outline of the plan, not nit-picking detailed legislation.

Whether or not critics have read the federal tax code has no bearing on why he hasn't announced the broad outlines of his plan. That is the first step in getting legislation passed. Once again: Reagan's tax plan passed in August of his first year in office; George W. Bush's tax plan passed in May of his first year in office. Here it is April and we finally get to see the broad strokes of Trump's plan.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The man said today that being President is much more work than his previous job of hosting a reality TV show. Who'd have thunk that?

16. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You may say you want to paint the house SOON, but good luck with that, IF you have no paint!

You seem amiss, that trying to effect an idea, a plan, IN Government always has hoops, obstacles, roadblocks.

It almost seems like the people at large are convinced the President's authority extends to mean Dictator, without the necessity of ANY checks, balances or legal processes. Weird!

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, why has it taken this long just to get a summary of the idea of the plan? How could Reagan and Bush get their tax reforms passed so quickly? Maybe Trump isn't very good at governing. Have you considered that?

Yes, these people complain about federal judges challenging Trump's travel bans and his sanctuary city policy. It's as if they don't want checks and balances. Weird.

18. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why? You want his ideas laid out for you? Yet you should KNOW, the judicial branch must be consulted and reviewed and researched that his ideas are lawfully JUST. And you should KNOW, the "invisible", non-existent, "fairness branch" of government must be consulted and reviewed and researched for those who DO NOT financially support the government "can be included".

And once his "idea" is laid out for you.. And then, consulted, reviewed and researched for legality purposes, and something of Trump's "idea" being not within the legal parameters, and changed.....you can jump on the bandwagon and call him a liar?

Patience man ~ wait for the announcement ~

Really? Critics should have no grasp or consideration of legalities concerning a plan that must conform to a legal outline? Funny and juvenile, sort of akin to American "news". (ie give me speculation, and ya sure, I'll pretend they are facts...lol)

Obama's proposed laws were passed too. So what? Under direction of Pelosi saying TO CONGRESS, "just vote for it"... "you can read it later". (to which she should have been, according to the LAW, booted out of Congress for directing Congress to violate the Law!)

Apparently you are unaware of the huge number of UnConstitutional Laws that permeate the Federal Statutes, and the ease at which they find their way into the Law Books, and the extreme difficultly in repealing them.

Well, IF you have done "neither" job, your thinking would not be expert in commenting to such points.

19. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Already explained. He is not a Dictator, and his ideas are subject to judicial review.

I have considered; the People themselves elect whom they shall be governed by. Many people did NOT elect Trump, and defy his governance. Nothing new. People defy what they do not want. People intentionally instigate and float a T--- in the punch bowl at every given opportunity.

IF you consider separately, "things" that override and mesh in the real world.

Submitting to God - a personal choice ... to agree and submit to His Word and His Ways.

Submitting to a Political stance - a personal choice .... being in agreement and supportive of it's ideals and agenda.

Submitting to FAMILY - a personal choice.... and here is where the reality is hidden or exposed.

A man can be absolutely committed to God in the sight of fellow believing witnesses ~ AND hide his support for his son who is a homosexual, or daughter or wife who has an abortion, or sneak around and cheat and lie and steal. And WHY does he "hide" his "support" toward his family? Because he is not willing to forego a relationship WITH his family, because he "loves them". AND IF his "secrets" become revealed....well, well, he has just opened the door to all kinds of criticism toward himself and his "reputation" and professional aspirations.

Trump has been bombarded endlessly with comments and accusations....about his personal life, his wives, his romances, his careers, his business, his looks, his money, property, his IQ, his ideas, his efforts, blah, blah, blah.....and repeatedly, when all the nonsense blows past that doesn't get a rise out of him....it always resorts to;

tell us, tell us, tell us your plan.....BEFORE it is complete....so we can call you a liar IF your plan does not materialize exactly how you said!

Trump gave you information during his campaign ~ he revealed a list of specific things "he thinks" require attention for the betterment of the US and her citizens and he had the intention of immediately working on and giving attention to those things. He has been doing precisely that. Too bad it isn't quick enough for you. And too bad you are not in tune to the fact Trump does not have a highway, VOID of obstacles to overcome and resolve.

20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're totally avoiding my point about Reagan and George W. Bush. These presidents got the job done with the same obstacles as Trump. They got it done. Why not Trump?

Reagan and Bush got it done. Why not Trump?

That's a fallacy. I don't have to be President to know if the person is doing a good job at it or not. I don't have to be a chef to know if food tastes good. I don't have to be a movie director to know if a movie is good or not. I don't have to be a writer to know if a novel is good or not. I don't have to be a preacher to know if a sermon is good or not.

Besides, ignorance is not stopping you from commenting on things.