1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vaccine mandates on public gatherings.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Reynolds, Oct 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m
    Nope nothing about abortion there

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s not true… evidenced by no own younger brother. He has told me about undue pressures… even though he gets a weekly test. In short, the management, as well as some Vaxer staff is overtly hostile to him for not getting vaccinated.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the record:

1. I never said that we should deny medical treatment of an unborn baby.

2. I never said medical treatments should be avoided because they are products of man.

Making the jump from not trusting the science on the covid vax to those statements is not within the boundaries of sane thinking. Either there is an issue that needs some help or there is such desperation to be as inflammatory as possible that it drags you out of rational thinking.

Either way that accusation is not founded in reality.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pressure is often perceived. He could always quit. But I never minded pressure.

6. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pressure to make a personal health decision or lose your job? You never minded that? Military doesn't count here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. For the record you accused me of holding to the "religion of false science".

The reason is I have pointed to experts you reject.

Except for questioning my faith yours is a fair position.

But if these experts comprise "the religion of false science" and cannot be trusted then other medical advancements cannot be trusted.

You do not get to call people inept when you do not like what they say but geniuses when you like what they say.

If the vaccine cannot be trusted because it was created by "the religion of false science" then so are other vacvines and treatments that have saved thousands of children's lives.

But you don't even believe that genome tracking is done....so it really does not matter.

8. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. If the govt coerced me to, I would say no.
    You seem to be unable to discern the difference between free choice and coerced choice. Not really a hard concept. Can't understand why it is beyond your comprehension.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another false accusation:

1. I never questioned anyones faith.

2. I never called people inept when you do not like what they say but geniuses when you like what they say.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes you did. You said I believed in the religion of false science. Belief is faith.

The scientist I said I "belueved" in (I said trusted) were listed out. They are the ones that gave us the medical advancements that has saved thousands of lives.

Look....I am not saying you are pro-choice. I know you are anti-abortion. You are just not anti-abortion enough for me. That's all. You have a bit of liberal in your blood.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    naa you like to twist peoples words like this. What ever you can do to be as inflammatory as possible

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said, you are anti-abortion but not strongly enough for me (perhaps anti-abortion lite?).

We both believe that abortion is murder. But you reject the science that gave us the covid vaccines and called it "false science", stating that my faith was in "the religion of false science".

You questioned my faith (more correctly, you indicated I have a false faith). But that is not my point

You call the science that produced the vaccines as a false religion. But this "false science" has saved hundreds of thousands babies.

You dismiss this science as false, but without it those children would be dead.

And they continue to save lives and make advancements.

That is why I say you are "anti-abortion lite". You just are not that strong against abortion because it does not suit your politics. You have a little liberal running in your veins.

Rather than calling the science false I praise God that He has given scientists this ability and has blessed us by saving countless lives.

These are lives that would have been lost, children that would not be alive today, if enough people bought what you are selling.

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Those were YOUR words.

Now if you did not really mean that I "hold to the religion of false science" that us one thing. You could simply respond "Jon, how utterly stupid of me, I fod mot mean what I wrote".

But stop denying (again) that you did not write the post.

Or do you just get blown around so much, like a reed shaken in the wind, that you forget what you said?

14. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    W
    Would this not apply to you as well?

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Time to close this thread