Was Jesus Christ a Jew by Blood ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Feb 26, 2012.

1. savedbymercy New Member

dhk

Yes, you have Christ taking on the sinful body, or the flesh and blood of a sinner, That is heresy !

I have showed you from scripture that Christ received His Body from the Father, and He generated His Own Blood, but you insist sinful mary gave Him both His Redemptive Blood and a corruptible body !

2. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, you have shown me that you are very superstitious.
    You have shown me that in essence you deny the humanity of Christ.
    You have shown me that you deny that Christ is qualified to be our Great High Priest.
    You have shown me that it was not necessary for Christ to be born of a virgin, he could have come some other way.
    In fact the Scripture that you have shown me have very little to do with your conclusions on this subject. Christ could have come on a spaceship, for all you would know.

3. Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If Jesus came in a spaceship does that mean he died for Vulcans too? And since Mr. Spock is half human how does he fit into the plan of salvation. Just asking.

4. savedbymercy New Member

dhk

Yeah right, you have showed me that you believe that Christ came in mary's sinful flesh, heresy !

5. Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you hold that all matter is sinful?

6. savedbymercy New Member

Uh No, I hold that mary was sinful, do you hold that mary was sinful ?

7. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It seems that way.
    Flesh, composed of the elements of the periodic table, such as hydrogen, oxygen, carbon, nitrogen, iron, etc. is neither innocent nor guilty. How can flesh or meat have a nature? If a man must have his leg amputated does he lose part of his depraved nature or if saved does he lose part of his new nature? That is the conclusion that SBM must come to.

8. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

NO, you said that Christ inherited sinful flesh from the sinful flesh of Mary, or at least concluded that we believed that, which is false.

9. savedbymercy New Member

How is the Flesh sinful ? Why could not Joseph be Christ's Natural Father, How would he have passed on His Sin Nature to Christ ?

10. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The sin nature is not in the flesh and blood. Blood is composed of red cells, white cells, and platelets, which are borne in a substance called plasma. How is that sinful? Our body is but a temple that houses our spirit. (our nature--both depraved and new). We are spirit creatures like the angels, but housed in a body of flesh and blood.

11. Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I do not. I am catholic after all.

12. savedbymercy New Member

Answer the question, here it is again:

How is the Flesh sinful ? Why could not Joseph be Christ's Natural Father, How would he have passed on His Sin Nature to Christ ?

13. Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Joseph could not be Jesus' father because Mary concieved and gave birth as a virgin.

14. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
    2 Corinthians 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
    2 Corinthians 5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Our body is but a tabernacle (tent); temporary. It someday will be dissolved. It will be put into the ground and return to ashes or dust. We will then receive an eternal body. It is this eternal body we earnestly look forward to.
    Our real person dwells within this temporary body. The body itself is not sinful.
    Because of the curse (2nd Law of Thermodynamics) are bodies continually degrade and deteriorate in time. But our spirit remains the same. We will always have a depraved nature until the coming of Christ or death, which ever comes Christ. As believers we will always have the Holy Spirit and a new nature. We will someday be fully transformed to be like Christ for we shall see him like he is and will be like him.

15. savedbymercy New Member

I know what happened. But answer the questions. Also was being a virgin, did that mean mary was sinless ?

16. savedbymercy New Member

Lol, I see you skate around my question. Until you learn to answer it, you believe Jesus took on the sinful flesh of mary or you deny mary had sinful flesh like all other sinners !

17. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The nature is passed on through Adam. The nature resides within the man, but is not in the flesh of the man. Rather it is in the soul of the man, in the mind.

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
    Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

The battle is in the mind. It must yield itself to the Holy Spirit.
    It is not the flesh, the meat per se, that yields itself to the law of sin. It is the carnal mind that is referred to here. It is the fleshly nature when the mind is not yielded to the Spirit. The battle is in the mind.

18. savedbymercy New Member

dhk

Did that apply to Christ also ?

19. savedbymercy New Member

dhk

Did mary have a sin nature ? If Mary could have a child other than the Christ Child, do you believe that child would be born a sinner ?

20. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

He hungered, thirsted, grew older, tired more as he got older (compared to as a teen-ager), and he finally died. Yes it does.