1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Way of Arminian Baptists forum

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Strannik, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strannik

Strannik Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And again, I apologize, but the words you quoted have nothing to do with you, because I showed you a lot of text from the Holy Scriptures that unequivocally refute your error, and you just pulled out the text from the Epistle to the Corinthians, which by the way Paul said that they SIN with sins that even the Gentiles were shocked.
    ---------------------------------------------
    1 And I could not speak to you, brethren, as to the spiritual, but as to the carnal, as to the infants in Christ. (1 Cor.3:1)
    ---------
    1 There is a true rumor that you have committed fornication, and such fornication as is not heard even among the Gentiles, that a man has his father's wife instead of his wife. 2 And you are proud, instead of weeping rather, that he who has done such a thing may be taken out from among you. 3 And I am absent in body, but present you with the spirit, have judged already, as though I were you: so done this deed, 4 when you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 delivered to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 6 You have nothing to brag about. Don't you know that a little leaven leavens the whole dough? 7 Therefore purify the old leaven, that it may be a new test for you, for you are without leaven, for our Passover, Christ, was slain for us. 8 Therefore let us celebrate not with the old leaven, not with the leaven of vice and deceit, but with the unleavened bread of purity and truth. 9 I wrote you in my letter not to associate with fornicators; 10 yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or predators, or with idolaters; for then must get you out of this world. 11 But I have written to you not to associate with him who, being called a brother, remains a fornicator, or a covetous man, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a rapacious man. 12 For what am I to judge even the outsiders? Don't you judge the inner ones? 13 But God judges the outsiders. So cast out the corrupt one from among you. (1 Corinthians 5: 1-13)
    ==========================
    And now in this Epistle Paul writes
    As we can see, Paul called for an end to the punishment for those who repented of their sins, so that Satan would not harm him and the Church, since a Christian could fall away from the Church altogether.

1 Therefore I have judged within myself not to come to you again with sorrow. 2 For if I grieve you, who will make me glad but he who is grieved with me? 3 This is what I wrote to you, that when I came I might not be grieved by those for whom I should have rejoiced: for I am sure in all of you that my joy is joy for all of you. 4 Out of great sorrow and a troubled heart, I wrote to you with many tears, not to grieve you, but that you might know the love that I have in abundance for you. 5 But if anyone has grieved, it has not grieved me, but in part, not to say much, and all of you. 6 This punishment from many is sufficient for such a person, 7 so it is better for you to forgive him and comfort him, so that he will not be consumed by excessive sorrow. 8 Therefore, I ask you to show him your love. 9 For this is why I have written, that I may know by experience whether you are obedient in all things. 10 to whom ye forgive, and I have to; for me, what if I forgave someone, forgive you on behalf of Christ, 11 lest us by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his devices. (2 Corinthians 2: 1-11)
    -------------------------

2. Strannik

Strannik Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here Paul draws the attention of the Corinthians to the fact that the ministry of Christians is higher than that of Moses. Then he was bound to do just what was written, and today we are bound to do not just what is written, but also what is supported by the Personal Testimony of the Holy Spirit in us.
    ---------------------------------------

1 Do we really need to get to know you again? Or do we need, as some, letters of recommendation to you or from you? 2 You are our Epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 3 and you show him that you are a letter of Christ through our Ministry, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone, but upon the fleshly tables of the heart. 4 We have such confidence in God through Christ, 5 not because we ourselves are able to think of anything from ourselves, as if from ourselves, but our ability is from God. 6 He made us able Ministers of the New Covenant, not of letter but of spirit; for the letter kills, but the spirit giveth life. 7 but If the Ministry lethal letters inscribed on stone, was so glorious that the Israelites could not look at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face is momentary, - 8 is not much more to be nice to the spirit of service? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation is glorious, the ministry of justification is all the more glorious. (2 Corinthians 3: 1-9)
    ----------------------
    And here Paul explains that he did not deceive or pervert the Word of God, but if someone does not understand it and continues to disbelieve, it is someone who has betrayed himself and the god of this world has blinded him with his lies.

1 Therefore, having such a ministry by the grace of God, we do not lose heart; 2 But, rejecting hidden shameful deeds, not resorting to cunning and not distorting the word of God, but revealing the truth, we present ourselves to the conscience of every person before God. 3 But if our gospel is closed, it is closed to those who perish, 4 to the unbelievers, whose minds have been blinded by the God of this world, so that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of the invisible God, may not shine upon them. 5 For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus, the Lord; And we are your servants to Jesus, 6 because God, who commanded light to shine out of darkness, has enlightened our hearts to enlighten us with the knowledge of the glory of God in the person of Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 4: 1-6)
    -----------------------

Here again, Paul reminds us that the Day of Salvation is NOW and means that we must live according to our rank, so as not to perish.

1 But we, as your companions, beseech you, that the grace of God may not be received in vain. 2 For it is written, " In a good time I have heard you, and in the day of salvation I have helped you." Behold, now is the good time, behold, now is the Day of Salvation. 3 We are in no way believe stumbling, not to be blamed Ministry, 4 but in all things approving ourselves as the Ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, 5 under the blows, in prison, in exile, in writings, in vigils, in the posts, 6 in purity, understanding, generosity, kindness, in the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, 7 in the word of truth, by the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and on the left, 8 by honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers us, but we are true; 9 as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and us, but here, we are alive; we are punished, but we are not killed; 10 us sorrowful, and always rejoicing; as poor, yet enriching many; having nothing, and yet possessing all things. 11 Our lips are opened to you, Corinthians, and our hearts are enlarged. 12 You are not cramped in us, but your hearts are cramped. 13 In equal retribution, I say, as to children, you will also spread out. 14 Do not bow down under the yoke of others with the unbelievers, for what is the fellowship of righteousness with iniquity? What does light have in common with darkness? 15 What is the agreement between Christ and Belial? Or what part has a believer with an infidel? 16 What is the compatibility of the temple of God with the idols? For ye are the temple of the living God, as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Therefore go out from among them, and separate yourselves, saith the LORD, and touch not the unclean; and I will receive you. 18 And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty. (2 Corinthians 6: 1-18) --------------------------

And here Paul says that if someone was upset by writing about the loss of their salvation, he does not regret it, but is only glad.
    This chapter, by the way, clearly speaks about the possibility of losing salvation, according to the will of man.

8 Therefore, if I have grieved you with the message, I do not regret it, although I did regret it; for I see that the message has grieved you, but only for a time.
    9 Now I rejoice, not because you are grieved, but because you are grieved to repent; for you are grieved for God's sake, so that you have not suffered any harm from us.
    10 For sorrow for God's sake produces constant repentance to salvation, but worldly sorrow produces death.
    11 For the very fact that you are grieved for God's sake, see what zeal has produced in you, what apologies, what indignation against the guilty, what fear, what desire, what jealousy, what punishment! By all accounts, you have shown yourself to be clean in this matter.
    12 Therefore, if I have written to you, it is not for the sake of the offending one, nor for the sake of the offended one, but that our care for you may be revealed to you before God.
    13 Therefore we are comforted by your comfort; and we are still more gladdened by the joy of Titus, because you have all calmed his spirit.
    14 So I was not ashamed if I boasted of you in any way before him, but just as we told you all the truth, so our praise was true before Titus;
    15 and his heart is very well disposed towards you, when he remembers the obedience of all of you, how you received him with fear and trembling.
    16 Therefore I rejoice that I can rely on you in all things.
    (2 Corinthians 7: 8-16)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see in these passages of Scripture, Paul wrote about transgressions and about repentance. If in the beginning he rebuked and accused the Corinthians of their sins, in the end he was already glad that they themselves had decided to correct themselves.

3. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not true. God is not accused, nor is God slandered.

However, here we see you teaching that God saved everyone. (Universalism)

In other comments you also say that human will is so powerful that humans overthrow God's salvation and chose to be unsaved.

In any viewing of what you say, it becomes clear that you find humans to be the ruler and controller of their own salvation, while God is a lower and passive being who is incapable of being victorious over the human will. Your teaching is anathema.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He has His reasons. Nevertheless He created them for destruction.

5. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    No it's not.

6. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is false.

7. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have been deceived Christ specifically said He died for the Sheep. Jn 10

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes God made some people vessels of Wrath and fits them for destruction. Rom 9

9. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    where did it say this? YOU have perverted the Word of God!

• Like Like x 1
  10. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    because you cannot admit to the Truth as taught in the Bible, as it will destroy you pet theology!

11. Strannik

Strannik Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Что ж, смотрите сами.
    Иисус умер за всех мужчин
    -------------------------------------------------- ----------

14 Ибо любовь Христова обнимает нас, рассуждающих так: если один умер за всех, то все умерли.
    15 Но Христос умер за всех, так что живущие уже не для себя живут, но для умершего за них и воскресшего.
    (2 Коринфянам 5: 14,15)

49 Но один из них, некий Каиафа, который был в тот год первосвященником, сказал им: "Вы ничего не знаете,
    50 И вы не подумаете, что лучше для нас, чтобы один человек умер за людей, нежели чтобы все люди погибли.
    51 Но этого он не сказал о себе, но, когда он был в том году первосвященником, он предсказал, что Иисус умрет за людей.,
    52 и не только для людей, но и для того, чтобы собрать рассеянных детей Божьих.
    53 С того дня они решили убить Его.
    (Иоанна 11: 49-53)
    ==========================================

Его спасение до концов земли.
    -----------------
    47 Ибо вот что повелел нам Господь: Я поставил вас во свет язычников, чтобы вы были спасены до концов земли.
    (Деяния II.13: 47)
    ============================================

Об управлении человеком по собственному желанию.
    ----------------------------
    Самостоятельное наказание:

1. Матфея 3: 2 И говорит: покайтесь,
    ибо царство близко.
    Небесный.
    2. Матфея 4:17 С тех пор
    Иисус начал проповедовать и
    скажи: "Покайтесь, ибо
    приблизилось Царство Небесное ".
    3. Отметьте 1:15 и скажите, что
    время исполнилось, и
    Царство Божие близко,
    Покайтесь и верьте в Евангелие.
    4. Деяния 2: 38 Но Петр сказал им: "
    Покайся и дай ему креститься ».
    каждый из вас во имя Иисуса
    Christ for the remission of sins; and
    receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
    5. Acts.3:19 Therefore repent and be
    converted, that
    your sins may be atoned for,
    --------------------------------
    "believe" (3)

1. Mark 1: 15 and saying that the
    time is fulfilled, and
    the kingdom of God is at hand,
    Repent, and believe in the gospel.
    2. John.12: 36 As long as the light is with you,
    believe in the light, that you may be
    sons of light. Having said this, Jesus
    he walked away and disappeared from them.
    3. John.14: 1 Let not
    your heart be troubled; believe in God, and in God.
    Believe me.
    -----------------------------------------

"save yourself" (1)

1. Acts.2:40 And in many other
    words he testified and
    exhorted, saying,: save yourselves from
    this corrupt race.

12. Strannik

Strannik Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    About the ability of people to reject salvation in Christ themselves:

8 But I say to you, " Whoever confesses me before men, the Son of Man will also confess me before the angels of God.";
    9 But whoever rejects me before men will be rejected before the angels of God.
    (LK.12:8,9)
    ---------------------------
    48 he who Rejects Me and does not receive My words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
    (John.12:48)
    -------------------------

46 Then Paul and Barnabas boldly said, " You were the first to be preached the word of God, but as you reject it and make yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles."
    (Acts II.13:46)
    --------------------------
    21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and because no lie is of the truth.
    22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the Antichrist who rejects the Father and the Son.
    23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
    (1 John.2:21-23)
    ====================================
    And there are many such passages in the Scriptures, or did you not hold the Scripture in your hands at all?

13. Strannik

Strannik Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus died for all men
    ------------------------------------------------------------

47 For this is what the LORD has commanded us: I have placed you in the light of the Gentiles, that you may be saved to the ends of the earth.
    (Acts II.13:47)
    ===================================
    Correctly. Although He died for all people, but now only a few have believed in Him, and now they are the sheep of his Flock.

16 So the last shall be first and the first last: for many be called, but few are chosen.
    (Matthew 20: 16)

14. Strannik

Strannik Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    [QUOTE = "Brightfame52, сообщение: 2684861, участник: 18124"] Да, Бог создал для некоторых людей сосуды Гнева и приспособил их к уничтожению. Rom 9 [/ QUOTE]

Here I will simply tell you that you are pulling the text out of the context of the entire Epistle and the entire Bible.
    =================================
    Predestined the "pots of wrath" before they were born.
    --------
    11 For when they were not yet born, and had not done anything good or evil (that the will of God in the election might be done
    12 Not from works, but from him who calls), it was said to her, " The greater will be enslaved to the lesser.",
    13 As it is written, I loved Jacob, but I hated Esau.
    14 What shall we say? Is it not true of God? No way.
    15 For He says to Moses: whom to pardon, pardon; one regret, regret.
    16 so then it is not of him that willeth not runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
    17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, " For this very reason have I appointed you, that I may show my power over you, and that my name may be preached throughout all the earth."
    18 So he has mercy on whomever he wills; but he hardens whomever he wills.
    19 You will say to me, ' What else does he accuse me of? For who will resist His will?
    20 And who are you, man, that you dispute with God? Will the product say to the one who made it, ' Why did you make me like this?'
    21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, to make of the same mixture one vessel for honorable use, and another for low use?
    22 What if God, wishing to show his anger and show his power, with great longsuffering spared the vessels of anger, ready for destruction,
    23 That together he may manifest the riches of his glory over the vessels of mercy, which he has prepared for glory.,
    24 even us, whom He hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
    (ROM.9:11-24)
    ======================================
    Predestined those about whom He knew in advance.
    ------------------
    29 For whom he foreknew, he also predestined to be like the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
    30 But those whom He predestined, he called, and those whom He called, He justified; and those whom he justified, he glorified.
    31 What can I say to this? If God is for us, who is against us?
    (ROM.8:29-31)
    ============================
    But even His foreknowledge does not prevent the sinner from being saved.
    --------------
    16 And at the end of seven days the word of the LORD came to me.:
    17 son of man! I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel, and thou shalt hear the word at My mouth, and you shall give them warning from Me.
    18 When I say to the wrongdoer, ' You will die!And thou shalt not admonish him, nor speak, to warn the wicked man from his wicked way, that he may live; then that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, and I will seek his blood at thy hands.
    19 But if you have admonished the wicked, and he has not turned from his iniquity and from his iniquity, then he will die in his iniquity, and you have saved your soul.
    20 And if a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and does wrong, when I put a stumbling block before him and he dies, then if you have not admonished him, he will die for his sin, and his righteous deeds that he did will not be remembered to him; and I will seek his blood at your hands.
    21 But if you admonish the righteous, so that the righteous will not sin, and he will not sin, then he will also live, because he was admonished, and you saved your soul.
    (Ezek. 3: 16-21)

15. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So your response as well as sbg is to totally ignore the verse and suggest that man must do something rather than trust what God says...interesting!

16. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Judging by your theology I know that I am right

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Strannik

Strannik Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In case you haven't noticed, I've shown you the text in the context of the Bible, not just ripped it out like you did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are not in position to judge anything without understanding scripture
    When you are answered with scripture you deflect away to
    The biblical God sends multitudes to the second death.
    To refer to the righteous judgment of God as you have is profane and needs to be repented of.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Strannik

Strannik Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, I just got a message about deleting my message due to the fact that I allegedly quoted the already "deleted message"myself. What was it you could find out?

20. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    You believe in the hyper Calvinistic heresy

#100 SavedByGrace, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.