What are the Main differences between reformed Baptists and other Baptists then?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Yeshua1, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Katarina Von Bora Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Y1, Can you rephrase your sentence for me, please.

There are reformed Baptist and reformed Presbyterians, Reformed church in America and one more I may be missing.

But they are ALL reformed. Calvinists come from all of those churches, but none of them follow all the teachings of Calvin'
    s theology in every area. Calvinism is really just a nick.

God Bless.

2. Katarina Von Bora Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The best place to find this answer is in John 17. It's crystal clear there.

3. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I sent you another PM. Did you get it?

4. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Hmmmph!! I can't find any.

5. Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I gave you the opportunity to revise this statement, but you didn't take it, so I presume you must be happy with it.
    Why do the elect (or any other human beings) need to be propitiated by Christ? It is God who must be propitiated. Clearly you do not understand what propitiation actually means otherwise you wouldn't write this stuff. Nor clearly do you have the faintest idea what Reformed Theology is.

Now stop messing up the threads with your nonsense and embarrassing yourself. Go and do a course or something so that you will know what you're talking about.

6. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And Van will reply in his usual manner:

Did I say I knew what I was talking about? Nope.
    Did I say I had the faintest idea what Reformed Theology is? Nope.
    You're just addressing me and not the topic.
    Your post is just another tain't so.
    What I have said cannot be unsaid. It stands unrefuted from the so-called Reformed crowd.

7. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You left out twaddle...

8. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Katarina Not to put too fine a point on it, but not one of the verses you posted shows that the lost do not have the limited spiritual ability to understand and respond to the milk of the gospel. When God chooses credits our faith in Christ, as worthless as it may be, as righteousness, and sets up apart in Christ, we are saved forever. Pick one or two of your listed verses, and tell me how you understand them to say the lost cannot respond to the milk of the gospel.
    What does "free will unto salvation" mean? That sinners save themselves? God alone saves us, please address my view, and not one of your manufacture.

Reformed Theology says the lost cannot understand and respond to the gospel. Matthew 13 teaches some of the lost have hardened themselves such that they cannot understand the gospel. But they lost the ability, rather than the bogus Reformed view they were conceived without it. So some (the first soil) cannot understand and respond to the gospel, but the other three soils can.

Next, Reformed Theology says God individually chose each and every person to be saved before creation. Therefore when Christ died, He died for those previously chosen, and only those previously chosen. These views are also bogus. God chooses individuals for salvation during their lifetime, after they have lived without mercy (1 Peter 2:9-10) through faith in the truth (2 Thessalonians 2:13). That being the case, then Christ died as a ransom for all and became the propitiation or means of salvation for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2).

9. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, that Reformed Theology view is bogus.
    Did I say Christ is the means of salvation from God's wrath? Yes.
    Martin you have denied the evidence provided, and then you have disparaged me.

I provided 5 quotes that support the truth that propitiation is the means of salvation from God's wrath.

10. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who is doing the transferring though? us or God? And God Will is the very basis for our election unto salvation, and not our own, correct?

11. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even our saving faith is a gift from God unto His elect in Christ, and our election PRECEDES our salvation, not CAUSED by it!

And paul stated clearly that ONLY the saved can receive the things of scripture in a saving sense, as the Holy Spirit has to be dwelling in them in order to have them receive and understand it!

12. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thre are reformed Baptists, who would hold to normally the 1689 Confession of Faith, and there would be calvinists Baptists, who are non Confessing. My point was that MANY of the calvinist Baptists would deny salvation as Van states it, as they would also hold to reformed view on it!

13. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please remember though that per Van, you do not understand what reformed theology is....

14. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More blatant falsehoods, posted in defiance of truth.
    God credits our faith in Christ as righteousness, Romans 4:4-5; Romans 4:23-24.
    Salvation is the gift of God, not faith, for we are saved by grace through faith. Thus faith precedes salvation.
    Paul never says only the saved can receive the things of scripture in a saving sense. Instead Paul teaches we have limited spiritual ability, able to receive the milk of the gospel as men of flesh, but not able to receive spiritual meat unless indwelt. See 1 Corinthians 2:14 - 3:3.
    Does anyone believe Yeshua1 is so uninformed as to deny Colossians 1:12-13.
    Reformed Theology falsely says the lost cannot will to be saved, but Paul (Romans 9:16) says fallen men do will to be saved, but salvation depends on God's mercy.

15. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope.
    "The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness,
    and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit." (NIV)

Can you understand that the unsaved (unbelievers, those without the Holy Spirit) have no spiritual ability --because they DO NOT HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT?
    Huh?

"Thus it does not depend on human will or effort, but on God's mercy." (REB)

Van, the very verses you cite to back up your slant on things refute in clear words your position.

Don't try to up-end the Scriptures. Rather, submit to the Word of God.

16. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's Vanology 101 at its finest. He says one thing and then contradicts it before adding the period at the end of the sentence.

Sadly he does much of the former and can't do the latter.

17. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pay no attention to the false theology of those who deny Paul spoke to new Christians as "men of flesh" using milk. It is right there for all to read. The things in 1 Cor. 2:14 are spiritual meat, not spiritual milk.

18. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People in the position of those described in 1 Cor. 2:14 do not enjoy anything spiritual --milk or meat. They don't have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. They have no understanding. Spiritual matters are foolishness to them.

Were you ever in that state Van? Or do insist you always had some spiritual ability?

Was it God's mercy that saved you or your will?

19. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More deflection and denial, more change the subject absurd questions.

Did any of the Reformed Baptists admit to their bogus doctrines,
    1) Uncontional Election whereas 2 Thessalonians 2:13 says we were chosen through faith in the truth.
    2) Total Spiritual Inability whereas 1 Corinthians 3:1-3 says men of flesh can understand milk.
    3) Limited Atonement whereas 1 Timothy 2:6 says Christ gave Himself as a ransom for all.

20. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    To the relief of some, this thread will close sometime after 2:30 PM Pacific.