1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Do You Believe about the Millennium?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Scripture More Accurately, Apr 5, 2021.

?
  1. Amillennial

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. Postmillennial

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Dispensational Premillennialism

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  4. Historic Premillennialism

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. Other

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  6. Not sure

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The time period is identified as “the last days”, which is prior to Christ’s return.

The Apostle John does not write in chronological order. He writes in big theological themes that are repeated over and over.

At one time, he speaks of scenes in heaven during the great tribulation on earth. He may speak of a time prior to the tribulation. He may skip to the scene in heaven after the 2nd coming (the saints reigning with Him and passing judgment) and then go back to the time prior to the 2nd coming.

John’s purpose is not to present a chronological order, but to give us theological truths.

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read it carefully...Christ is there, teaching the people of His ways.
    Micah 4, Isaiah 2.

May God bless you in many ways.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Scripture More Accurately

Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, according to your interpretation, only these saints who were specifically beheaded for not worshiping the beast and his image and for not receiving his mark on them are reigning with Christ in heaven. That means all the other faithful saints of all the ages are now not reigning with Christ in heaven. Is that your position?

When specifically were these saints beheaded on the earth? Who beheaded them? Who specifically was this beast who demanded that they worship him, etc? When did this happen?

• Like Like x 1
  4. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the prayer for blessings. I need all I can get.

I’ve read it carefully. I don’t claim to know every nuance, but I understand it well enough to know it doesn’t support 1000 earthly reign after the 2nd coming.

peace to you

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see it, being fulfilled by Hebrews12:22:29 right now.
    Kingdom growth all.nations flowing to the Holy Mountain.prayer, worship,service.
    He is ruling all nations in the midst of His enemies.

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is happening now as the gospel spreads.

7. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tony, He isn't ruling from Jerusalem right now, and He is not ruling this earth with a rod of iron.
    When He does, you will know it.;)

Peace among the nations will be enforced, and no disobedience will be allowed...
    God will literally make the Lord's enemies His footstool, and we as His saints will rule and reign with Him for 1,000 years while Satan is bound in the bottomless pit.

That said, I take my leave of this thread.

May the Lord bless you all in your continued studies.:)

#47 Dave G, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh good grief, you focused on those that were beheaded, I stated it was saints that were faithful during the great tribulation that were rewarded by reigning with Christ for 1000 years.

Again, focus on the context. It doesn’t support 1000 year reign on earth by Jesus.

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hebrews 12 says He is speaking from Heaven...He is reigning right now.

How do you understand the rod of iron rule?
    In Rev2-3 was Jesus speaking to the 7 churches? Did He come down to earth to physical Jerusalem? Or was He able to speak to John about everything going on?

10. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the conversation

peace to you

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course, the context supports a 1000-year reign on the earth by Jesus. Revelation 19 shows Him rendering judgment on the earth on the very beast that martyred these people. That judgment is on the earth as He begins to rule with a rod of iron.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What do you think the rod of iron rule looks like?

13. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    Letting Scripture interpret itself, Zechariah 14 shows that there will be people sinning in the Millennium who will refuse to come to Jerusalem to worship the Lord. To punish them, He will withhold rain from the nations who choose to do so (Zech. 14:17). He will smite those who still refuse to submit with a plague (Zech. 14:18-19).

Christ's rule with a rod of iron in the Millennium will include His judging sinful people in various ways.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Book, chapter, verse?

15. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation 19:1 says he, John, heard the voices of many people in heaven praising God for passing judgment (past tense).

We are going to disagree.

Thanks for the conversation.

peace to you

16. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, we are going to disagree. Thanks to you as well for discussing this matter.

17. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only 9 out of 23 people on a Baptist discussion board believe in a future literal 1000-year reign of Christ on the earth? Wow. What has happened to Baptist believers?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Despite the definition from Moody's Handbook of Theology, I would question the idea that historic premillennialists do not believe in a future literal 1000-year reign of Christ.

19. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

for David did not go up to the heavens, and he saith himself: The Lord saith to my lord, Sit thou at my right hand, till I make thy foes thy footstool;

Please reconcile to your concept. What does that mean? Who is speaking to whom? When did it begin to apply?

I make thy foes thy

Who is I?
    Who is thy?
    Who are the foes?

Romans 16:20 The yet God of the peace shall be crushing ( vi Fut Act 3 Sg at the date it was written to the Romans) the Satan under the feet of you (plural) in swiftness. The grace of the Lord of us Jesus Christ with you (plural). AMEN.

Is that one of the foes? When will that, "in swiftness," under their feet occur? In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump. When Christ comes to sit on the throne of his glory? Matt 19:28

• Like Like x 1
  20. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

1Th 1:1
    Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, to the assembly (Church) of Thessalonians in God the Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ!

This church of Thessalonians was made up of flesh and blood, spirit indwelt, people. That is what has always made up any, "church," spirit indwelt, people. What is one of the key purposes of that indwelling spirit? Romans 8:11 and if the Spirit of Him who did raise up Jesus out of the dead doth dwell in you, He who did raise up the Christ out of the dead shall quicken also your dying bodies, through His Spirit dwelling in you. - The Spirit of adoption V 15, the first-fruit of the Spirit? V 23 And not only so, but also we ourselves, having the first-fruit of the Spirit, we also ourselves in ourselves do groan, adoption expecting -- the redemption of our body;

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood (those in the Spirit indwelt church) cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.

The church is not the kingdom of God, IMHO. That is why those Thessalonians were concerned for Larry, Curly and Mo who had been Spirit indwelt flesh and blood friends in their church and had died. How are they going to be in the Kingdom when King Jesus comes?

for if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, so also God those asleep through Jesus he will bring with him,

So also by resurrection from the dead and by instant change from corruption to incorruption of those still alive will God bring with Jesus into the kingdom of God.

And they will rule with him 1000 years. Called out for this very purpose. Elect for this very purpose. Predestined for this very purpose.

IMHO

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.