1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Do You Feel About John Hagees' Teaching on the Jews...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Dr.Mychalson, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The history of this board let's me know what will happen. Preterism seems to lend itself to this attitude. Often is is displayed in over exaggerations or out right falsehoods of Israel. I see it has already begun.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He fits the very people peter said will come and deny the Master!
    IF there is anything the Bible shows to us, its that Jesus claimed to be the Promised Messiah of God, and was himself also God, and that the church just testified and bore witness to what he Himself saw who he was!

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to know how israel is so bad, as they are not the ones that started the wars in Middle east all those years, it was the Arabs, and they are not the ones who see it is their mission to kill off all of them, as that are the Arabs who follow Muslim Islam in that region!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about allowing israel to survive, and not be attacked by the Arab Muslims who desire to wipe them all off the face of the earth?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IF one knows History, there is really no way to not see how God has protected them in those wars since WW II!

6. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It already has.

7. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a group, yes it definitely is.
    Those "Jews, those Israelites" is the same as saying "Those black people."

8. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Bishop of Rome and the One Universal (Catholic) Christian Church has been around for millennia, Mr. Hagee's church, like yours, simply hasn't.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, Baptists trace back to the Church at Pentecost, in the sense that we hold to true Apostolic doctrines, unlike Church of Rome!

10. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mine has been around since Matthew 16:18.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That book is old. I like John Hagee, so I tried to pretend I never read that part of the book.

12. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Cults have been around for milleniums, but they are still cults. Rome has its cult of personality and it isn't Jesus.

• Like Like x 1
  13. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

They are your denomination. Sola Scriptura.

Part of your mess.

14. utilyan

Site Supporter

I think yours been around since Genesis 3:

12The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”

15. utilyan

Site Supporter

Says half a sliver of 1% independent denomination. Wait no I want to join your denomination where is the official website again? what are they called? Is it "Jesus's church"? The "real believers"?

No one here knows what the heck you are, menno, just another fringe faith that dropped out from another.

We couldn't join your denomination if we wanted to, Because you don't even know what the heck it is.

If your pastor got on here sure enough you'd tell him he's wrong.

Give me a web link to ONE LIVING SOUL who has the faith right more then you do.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. liafailrock

liafailrock Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I take Hagee with a grain of salt. I get a feeling there is more stated and context than this quote. I can see some of where he's coming from, but what I believe that is similar is for a different reason. For example, Jesus did claim he was Messiah, but not always as there are passages where he tells his disciples not to reveal who he is. Likewise, he taught in parables just so that people COULD NOT understand thus filtering out the ones with the (future) mind of the spirit. It would rest with them until the Spirit was given, then come back to recollection. This does not mean they are ultimately lost, but just not saved then. This gets into predestination vs free choice, house of Israel vs house of Judah (i.e. lost ten tribes of Israel) and so forth. I don't think Hagee sees this the way I do, and I suppose to the average Christian I'm just as goofy as Hagee, but that's how we Isaac Newton types are. We like to dig deeper and understand the depth of things as in science and mathematics. What I am saying are 2 things basically: 1) I don't have enough info to make a judgement, but what I do know about Hagee I don't fully agree despite some truths, and 2) This is far too complex of a subject in that this involves a major piece of what the bible is about. There's not enough room for it all.

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not know much of what Hagee teaches now. I did listen to his sermons at one time (I agreed with a lot of what he had to say). But I also watched him on television basically preach that the Jews did not need to believe in Jesus because they were in a covenant relationship with God. That was the end of my Hagee experience. I have not listened to him or kept up with anything he has said since (this was about three years ago...I think).

18. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most Baptists around here try to go all the way back to John The Baptist.

19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem with that is that even the churches of Acts, while united in Christ, seem to have had distinctions that would be denominational issues today (some seem to have had more of a charismatic influence, others struggled with legalism, some were very Jewish in their practices, others not so much).

20. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I personally only try to take it back to the Anabaptists.