1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Do You Feel About John Hagees' Teaching on the Jews...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Dr.Mychalson, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Worse than that, his teachings were not biblical!

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Palestine" is the LATIN name of Philistia, the land of Israel's long-time enemy. This name was applied by Hadrian to Judea when he exiled the Jews from it in 135-136 AD. & gave that land to the Philistines who had remained loyal to Rome. That exile is the source of the contention today between the Jew and Palestinian. However, GOD'S promise takes precedence over Hadrian's, so the land rightfully belongs to the Jews by God's earlier decree. (But that's NO excuse for the Jews to be cruel to the Pals, especially since they themselves were the objects of persecutions for over 1800 years! Two wrongs don't make a right!)

The Philistines, same as many Jews, have become mixed with other peoples, but GOD know's who's who! We see the Philistines' "fate" in Zech. 9. ashdod, once one of their principal cities, is now a JEWISH city, although a sizable Palestinian population remains, as Scripture sez. And there'll be some Pals greatly honored by the Jews, such as Kamil Hamad, who supplied the intel for the cellphone assassination of Yahya Ayyash, Hamas' chief bomb maker, in 1995.

I see little doubt that most who call themselves "Palestinians" now are descendants of the old Philistines, although many are well-mixed with Arabs, etc.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm not a good comparison,

Israel had God as its King thundering the law from the mountain.
    Roman Catholicism the Pontifex Maximus issuing ex cathedra dogma from a throne in Rome.

HankD

4. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

“I am writing to share with you some important news pertaining to my latest book In Defense of Israel. It has come to my attention that my choice of language and some of the interpretation being given that language in Chapter Ten has caused some confusion and actually led some readers to question whether I believe that Jesus is the Messiah. If people are reaching such a conclusion, then I have clearly failed to communicate my views as well as I should have.

I have decided to release a new edition of In Defense of Israel with an expanded Chapter Ten. The new version will make the same point as the prior one, but using language which cannot mislead anyone about my bedrock belief that Jesus was and is Lord, Savior and Messiah. “ --John Hagee

I think its a better practice to do your best to defend everyone as best as possible.