1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Do You Feel About John Hagees' Teaching on the Jews...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Dr.Mychalson, Aug 8, 2017.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Back to the theme of this thread -

Jesus performed miracles in front of many Jews that SHOULD'VE seen he was messiah, and the Pharisees & Sanhedrin members who were the most-versed in Old Testament prophecy then, should've been in the forefront of seeing this, as they often foliowed Jesus' acts, looking for violations of their rules.

It never occurred to the men of Nazareth to investigate and find He was born in Bethlehem, or that messiah would be called a Nazarene.

And yes, SOME Jews realized He was Messiah, such as those in Jerusalem who wanted to make Him king as He rode the donkey's colt into town, and a few were undoubtedly familiar with the prophecy that he would do this, but for most, fear of the Pharisees, sanhedrin, & the Romans guided their thoughts & actions.

And many, such as Iscariot, were bitterly disappointed when Jesus didn't overthrow the Romans as they expected of Messiah. they hadn't learned the prophecy that Messiah was to be "cut off" before he led the Jews to greatness.

I believe those Jews were guilty of the same thing many of US are guilty of - NOT STUDYING SCRIPTURE ENOUGH! Jesus' "it is written" is as true today as it is now. And they paid the penalty for that. Let US not be guilty of that!

• Like Like x 1
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....and that will change the findings of genetic research how?

It's a really hard pill for you Christian Zionists to swallow, the thought that the Palestinians have as much of a DNA claim to Palestine (more actually, because they've never left the land) than those that are slowly committing genocide on their own blood kin- with U.S. tax dollars and support to appease the potent Christian Zionist lobby.

Is this yet another Dispy fable, or a robycop3 fib? Expulsion of Jews from the entire empire? Didn't happen. Hadrian never even expelled all the Jews from Palestine.

Jewish Virtual Library

"...Following the battle of Bethar, there were a few small skirmishes in the Judean Desert Caves, but the war was essentially over and Judean independence was lost. The Romans plowed Jerusalem with a yoke of oxen. Jews were sold into slavery and many were transported to Egypt. Judean settlements were not rebuilt. Jerusalem was turned into a pagan city called Aelia Capitolina and the Jews were forbidden to live there. They were permitted to enter only on the 9th of Av to mourn their losses in the revolt. Hadrian changed the country’s name from Judea to Syria Palestina.

In the years following the revolt, Hadrian discriminated against all Judeo-Christian sects, but the worst persecution was directed against religious Jews. He made anti-religious decrees forbidding Torah study, Sabbath observance, circumcision, Jewish courts, meeting in synagogues and other ritual practices. Many Jews assimilated and many sages and prominent men were martyred including Rabbi Akiva and the rest of the Asara Harugei Malchut (ten martyrs). This age of persecution lasted throughout the remainder of Hadrian’s reign, until 138 C.E."

Your claim that Hadrian expelled the Jews from the Roman Empire is phony. He didn't even expel all of them them from Palestine.

#62 kyredneck, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I lost interest after "John Hagee". He's a false teacher and a nut.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, in his Morning Watch Magazine, Edward Irving claimed to be the first to preach on dispenationalism on Christmas day 1825 and again the same day a year later.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But they can't prove it.

6. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John was under the law.

7. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can find he \Morning Watch online but you will have to page through the issues as I did, acually it didn't take too long.

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some would debate that:

16 The law and the prophets were until John: from that time the gospel of the kingdom of God is preached, and every man entereth violently into it. Lu 16

Though I DO agree with you :). I believe the law covenant officially came to an end here:

51 And behold, the veil of the temple was rent in two from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake; and the rocks were rent; Mt 27

#68 kyredneck, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  9. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    v 13: For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

...comparing scripture with scripture, the simplest and most effective of all hermeneutics.

11. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most baptists in this geographic area act like they are too. Baptists like me get called all kinds of nasty names.

12. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Technically the 4 Gospels, up to the Crucifixion, were "under the law."

Hebrew 9:16 For where a last will and testament is, there must of necessity be the death of him who made it.
    17 For a will is in force where there has been death, for it is never in force while he who made it lives.

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, as the New Covenant technically came in at day of Pentecost...

14. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I absolutely agree with you concerning both of these preachers. To Osteen you can add Norman Vincent Peale and Robert Schuller.

15. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I said, you really need to study the Bar Kokhba revolt & its aftermath in greater detail. It was definitely not a good time to be a Jew in any Rome-controlled territory.

This persecution was similar to Hitler's, except the Romans didn't have the modern tech the nazis had. Hadrian and Co. passed laws that forbade Jews from being Jewish. The remaining Jews in the Roman empire were forbidden to study the Torah, worship in their traditional manner, or follow the Jewish customs. Christians were similarly "picked on", but not as severely as the Jews were.

And Hadrian definitely gave their land to the Philistines. That's the basis for the Palestinians' claims on the land today. But GOD'S PROMISE has authority over any decree of man's, and He definitely made promises of land to the Israelis And He WILL perform His promise, be it at the expense of the Palestinians or any other gentiles occupying the promised lands.

And yes, the Jews are no longer a "pure" people. Over the years, the ancestors of most of today's Jews interbred with many other peoples, as the Philistines did. far back as David's time, the 900s BC, some Jews were interbred with Jebusites, Kenites, Midianites, Egyptians, and who but God knows who else, but GOD knows whom is who! Remember, God said that not one "true kernel" shall be left out.

#75 robycop3, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  16. AwesomeMachine

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I read the entire thread. I must remark on the civility of the members of this board. Through the years I've been on several Christian-type boards, none of which proved to actually be Christian. But most of what I've read on BB is authentic, or at least it is sincere.

But there are some mistaken doctrines I've run across in this particular thread. The Philistines, although the word sounds something like Palestine, were immigrants from the Island of Crete, near Greece. Cretans were known to be rough, rude, hostile, physically mighty, warrior-like and pagan.

Palestine was an ancient land known to be near the original garden of paradise. It is known for its red clay and early evening winds. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the Philistines.

Palestinians and Jews are genetically related, as are Jews and Arabs. Abraham is father of both Ishmael and Isaac. Ishmael is father to the Arabs, and Isaac is father to Jacob, who is father to the twelve tribes of Israel. The contention between the Jews and the Arabs is rooted in biblical scripture.

God said to Abraham, "Since you have asked, I will make Ishmael father of twelve mighty kingdoms. But My inheritance shall be given to Isaac." So, according to the Bible, the Jews have the Inheritance of God; they are the rightful heirs to God's Kingdom. Further on in scripture we find, "Cast out both slave girl and son together. For the son of the slave girl has no inheritance with the son of the free woman."

Abraham's wife, Sarah, is the legitimate wife: the free woman; the mother of Isaac, who is the father of Israel. Sarah's maidservant, Hagar, is the slave girl, mother of Ishmael, who is the father of the Arabs. Therefore, as God has said, His inheritance is with the Jews, not with the Arabs.

But they are genetically related.

17. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember a remark made by one of our preachers in the pulpit... He said after reading Peale and The Apostle Paul, he found Peale appalling and Paul appealing... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And also pretty much of the so called Word of faith teachers!

19. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've heard NV Peale speak 3 times, once at marble Collegiate Church. His ideas about positive thinking are worthwhile but not the gospel. Trump calls Marble Collegiate his home church but the church says he isn't active.

Donald Trump is not an active member, church says - CNNPolitics

20. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mark 14:61-62.