1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Happened To mankind in the fall of Adam ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is what your shallow (not trying to be mean) theology has you focused on. This is not the focus of God's Redemptive Plan that is revealed in the Entire Testimony of Scripture. (Read Colossians 1).

2. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two words - hypostatic union.

After He was born of Mary, Jesus Christ has been one Person but with two natures - human and divine. These natures are united supernaturally so that the humanity is not lost in the divine nor the divine lost in the humanity.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have original Sin?

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, but His humanity is without a sin nature, correct?
    100 % God, and also 100% sinless Humanity

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You deny that we have a sin nature, and so there was/is no such thing as original Sin?

6. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does this address what i posted? Brother, slow down. Read carefully, Prayerfully consider what is written and answer accordingly.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem to be denying that we have a sin nature, correct?

8. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've asked you, Show me Scripture as to what you are referencing and we can discuss. What you think "sin nature" is and what others think it is might be entirely different. Let us establish a common understanding of Sin nature.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the part of himself Paul described for us after salvation in Romans7!

10. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe Romans 7 is talking about two natures....I believe Paul is talking about our spirit that is unregenerate that is trying to mature by means of obedience to the Law.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The passage clearly describes the nature in us before saved, that wars against obeying God and His ways!

12. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not trying to be mean, but are you reading anything i'm writing? This is a very difficult dialogue.

In Romans Chapter 7, Paul is addressing his struggle as a Jew, trying to Mature through obedience to the Law even though he was unregenerate. He is describing his helpless state prior to being born again...

Romans 7:1
    Or do you not know, brothers—for I am speaking to those who know the law

Paul then proceeds to describe his efforts as an unregenerate Jew.

13. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeshua1 my friend,

Given Jesus is sinless, that implies that he was and is different than the rest of us humans.

Adam was a son of God but still sinned for instance, as did many angels who are the sons of God. Jesus is different even than angels and Adam, who was arguably a kind of angelic being being a direct son of God. Jesus is without sin in a way foreign to all other beings we have come to know here on earth save Yahweh and His Holy Spirit. The three combined are the Godhead. Again what exactly makes him so foreign to us as created beings is a deep mystery it seems we will pierce at death.

Although, I do want to add that if we use the term sin nature we must be careful. I recognize my sinful state primarily in my temptations and failures. Jesus never failed, which denotes his lack of a similar sin nature, but he was tempted. Temptation being an aspect of sin that the Son knows well. The bible says Yahweh cannot be tempted (James 1:13), but Jesus can and was tempted, yet resisted the evil one completely (Matthew 4:1-11, Luke 4:1-13, Hebrews 2:18, Hebrews 4:15). This is apparently good news, according to the bible, as Jesus can empathize with us in our own temptations and help us out of them.

My question to you is "what do you mean by sin nature exactly?" Then I can search the scriptures more purposely.

I mean if you mean Jesus was without the ability to commit acts of sin, I must agree. We will be sinless like him one day when we are in his presence (1 John 3:2). However, if you say that Jesus was not under the curses of Genesis, then I must disagree, because Jesus toiled for one as a carpenter for probably close to two decades.

14. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sin is not physical nor physically transmitted. Sin is spiritual. Sin affects the physical because of the curse associated with sin

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mat 5:28

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

16. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the fall of Adam, sinned entered the physical world, which was sinless before. Sin was already in the spiritual world because Satan and others were here.

17. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrews 2:14, 17; 4:15. 'Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same........Therefore in all things He had to be made like His brethren..........yet without sin.'

The idea that the Lord Jesus did not partake of human flesh is the error of Melchiorism, named after Melchior Hoffmann, an early Anabaptist, who taught that Christ was born of 'celestial flesh.'

18. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is nonetheless transmitted.
    Genesis 1:27. 'So God created man in His own image ; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.'
    But after the fall we read:
    Genesis 5:3. 'And Adam lived 130 years, and begot a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth.'
    John 3:6. "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

• Like Like x 1
  19. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    He did partake of human flesh or we could not be saved. We just did not get sin through being human,

20. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you know that Satan's temptation of Eve was not his own fall?

IMO, God provoked Satan to jealousy by inserting man into the garden.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.