Which theological lenses best explains SARS-CoV-2?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Agent47, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you mean to say God is a puppet and you won't let God be God!

2. timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I accepted Christ at the age of 2. I did not wait obviously. I did not even know what waiting was.

John 1:9-12

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Jesus Christ came as a light to the whole world. Some reject that light. Those who accept, they are the one's given the power to be "elect". The light comes first, not the election. Only after accepting the light does one have the power to even claim to be elect.

3. timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I am saying we are not puppets. God is God. God made us sons of God. Adam took the point of being sons away. Jesus Christ restored that relationship. You do not have to be a son. Siblings fight, but not a very good loving relationship with all parties involved.

4. Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Age of 2?

What else do you recall doing at the age of 2?

5. timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Going to my first two Christmas parties. I knocked a paper bag of groceries over onto a candle sitting on the kitchen table, and caught the bag on fire. Watching my dad prepare our chickens, so we could eat them. Walking around on the two hills near our house in South Carolina, near Table Rock mountain. Visiting the park, and hiking up the trails of Table Rock. Going to Greenville South Carolina. Getting my haircut, at the Rescue Mission. There was a thriftstore, near a large railway switch yard. My dad worked in the printshop owned by the Rescue Mission. The place where I lived was, still is, Miracle Children's Home. I got one of those red John deer like tractor toys, and would not let the boy next door play with it, so he grabbed it and hit me in the head with it. I liked it, but wanted all the green John Deer ones as well. I visited Bob Jones University. I went to several churches in Easley, Greenville, and Pickens. I remember going to Washington DC to march in at least 1 Armstrong march. I remember my Grandparents taking me, and my parents to a beach in Florida. I remember my dad getting a 68 Volkswagen Beetle, and sitting in the seat, looking out the window, driving down the road. We drove once to Cayagoh Falls in Ohio. My sister was born 4 days after my second birthday. I remember going to the waiting room in the middle of the night. My mom then went back to teaching and I remember waiting for the bus in those yellow raincoats and goolashes. Sometimes I visited her classroom, but most of the time had to go over to the other hill to wait. I remember sitting in a high chair watching all the children come in and eat. I even remember the huge steam station where they washed down the cafeteria trays and dishes in the kitchen area. One of the ladies working there went to college with my parents. She watched me and my sister a lot. In fact, I now live less than a mile from the church her and her parents attended when she was a child growing up. As far as I know, she may still be alive. They still had the old phone system with the switch wires, where they connected the phono plugs up for the different phone lines. Across from the little building with the phone switch, was a dirt two track trail where we used to camp out and roast marshmallows around a fire. There was another day camp a few miles away.

My dad is from MI and my mom is from IN. We moved around a lot. Not more than 3 years in one place, until I was 4 years in high school. Then I lived 7 years in Jacksonville FL.

6. timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was around 9 to 11, I would bore people, at least those patient enough to listen, with my 10 year long autobiography.

Maybe that is why I keep remembering. It was a lot to think about and talk about.