"... white Christianity is doomed..."

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wesley Briggman, Feb 9, 2021.

1. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

2. Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Luthor's writings are here
    Martin Luther's Writings: Sermons, Commentary and Other Works

On the Resurrection
    SERMONS OF MARTIN LUTHER - EASTER SUNDAY.

Luthor believed by faith that Jesus is Lord, and that God raised Him from the dead, which means according to Romans 10, he was saved.

Did Luthor show by his works and personnel life that he was unregenerate?
    Along the guiding lines of Titus 1?

Titus 1
    13 This testimony is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith,
    14 not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.
    15 To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled.
    16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.

I have read from his contemporaries he could get angry.
    And there was the constant friction over the Lord's supper between catholic and protestant.
    Luther and Calvin - Lutheran Reformation
    129 Martin Luther Quotes | ChristianQuotes.info
    10 Facts About the Life of Martin Luther | History | Smithsonian Magazine

3. Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  4. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But Luther's language against the Jews and others towards the end of his life, was very much unchristian, and hateful. Jesus Christ is Almighty God, so what He says is totally different to what we can say.

5. Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, you keep saying that. But you have nothing to disprove it.

Just because you say it means nothing. What does it say? It says exactly what I said it did. God forbade Paul to go east and instead sent him to Europe. White folk. Does that bother you?

Quantrill

6. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Firstly I am white and from England. God sent missionaries to every corner of the world with the same Gospel message. Don't force the Bible to agree with your warped ideas

7. Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When I read Luthor's letter about suppressing the Jews religion (and that is what he means, their religious ideology which is inseparable from them at that time, meaning they must be suppressed in all things) , it reminds me of Christian Dominionism, meaning that Christianity is to reign in government over all mankind, and that means all false religions and ideologies are to be prevented from existence. That is something that will happen when Christ returns, so demonionists are ahead of their time.
    Luthor is absolutely right in him saying the Jews blaspheme the name of God in Christ, Paul himself an ardent Jew, said he was a blasphemer.

Unbelieving Jews today continue in their blaspheming of God continually, ignorance is no excuse
    1 Timothy 1:12-14
    New King James Version
    Glory to God for His Grace
    12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry,
    13 although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
    14 And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.

8. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not analyzed each and every statement in the document. However, I do not believe a born-again child of God could take the position against His chosen people Luther did. Here is an excerpt from the document:

"First, to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a stone or cinder of them. This is to be done in honor of our Lord and of Christendom, so that God might see that we are Christians, and do not condone or knowingly tolerate such public lying, cursing, and blaspheming of his Son and of his Christians.

Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed.

Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing, and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them.

Fourth, I advise that their rabbis be forbidden to teach henceforth on pain of loss of life and limb.

Fifth, I advise that safe-conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews.

Sixth, I advise that usury be prohibited to them, and that all cash and treasure of silver and gold be taken from them and put aside for safekeeping."

10. Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They are desribed in Roman's 9 well enough. They were blinded and not elected, just as scripture says, not all Israel is of Israel.

11. Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  12. RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Where did I force the Bible?

Quantrill

14. Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You can find things in any Christians life that they have said or even did that don't measure up to what a 'Christian' should be.

Doesn't matter. As I said, you are saved by the blood. Not by how you treat the Jews.

Quantrill

15. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    because what you quote from Acts has NOTHING to do with "white Christianity"! What Jesus Himself Commanded in Acts 1:8, IS what really matters, and not some warped idea that you promote!

But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

The Gospel IS for the entire human race, regardless for what colour you are, and NO race is more "blessed" than the other. The Arab countries have always been super rich, do you conclude that God has "blessed" muslim counrties more than Christian? Your argument is FOOLISH!

16. Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It certainly does have to do with white Christianity. (Acts 16:6-10) God forbade Paul to go east. Instead He sent him to Europe. As a result Europe was Christianized from pauper to King.

That doesn't negate the gospel going out to all. But, it shows God's intention in establishing the Europeans as Christian. Which was in harmony with the blessings of Japheth that he was promised in dwelling in the tents of Shem. (Gen. 9:24-27) Which is where Europeans come from.

Any blessing the Arabs get is due to their being linked to Shem.

Quantrill

17. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    so what of the fact that Christianity is now in decline in the white countries, while growing elsewhere? You are taking one passage from the Bible, which has nothing to do with "race", and trying to build a whole teaching on this! :eek:

18. Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The blessings and curses in (Gen. 9:24-27) are not just about Christianity. It involves all of mankind as has descended from Noah through those three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

(Acts 16:6-10) speaks to the descendants of Japheth. As I said, it is in harmony with (Gen. 9) Why isn't it about race? Just because you don't like it?

Quantrill

19. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    you ought to check you Geography before posting here. "Asia" has nothing to do with the "Far East" countries, but in the NT refers to the countries in what was known as "Asia Minor", which are actually countries in Europe!

20. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gen 9:27, "May God enlarge Japheth, and let him dwell in the tents of Shem, and let Canaan be his servant.”

JAPHETH (Heb. יֶפֶת), son of Noah, brother of *Shem and *Ham. In all the lists of Noah's sons, Japheth invariably appears in the third place (Gen. 5:32; 6:10; 7:13; 9:18; 10:1; I Chron. 1:4). However, on one occasion Ham is called the "youngest son" of Noah (Gen. 9:24). If this is not to be explained as the result of a corruption in the text, it must reflect a variant tradition, unless some principle other than chronological governs the order of the listings. Japheth was married before the *flood (7:13), which he survived, together with his family, inside the ark. When his intoxicated father lay naked in the tent, Japheth, together with Shem, displayed great modesty and delicacy in covering him up (9:23). For this act he was blessed by Noah as follows: "May God enlarge Japheth, and let him dwell in the tents of Shem; And let Canaan be a slave to them" (9:27). The full meaning of this passage is obscure, and it has been variously interpreted as referring to either a Philistine-Israelite alliance against Canaanites (perhaps in Davidic times) or the future participation of the Japhethites – perhaps the Greeks – in the religion of Israel. In the Table of Nations (see The Seventy *Nations) Japheth is assigned seven sons and seven grandsons (Gen. 10:2–4; I Chron. 1:5–7). He is thus portrayed as the eponymous ancestor of various ethnic groups living to the west and north of Israel in the Aegean and Anatolian areas, largely composed of Indo-European stock. The origin of the name Japheth is unclear. The blessing referred to above implies a folk etymology grounded in a Hebrew root meaning "to enlarge," "make spacious." It has variously been connected with the Greek Titan, Ιαπετός (cf. Javan = Ionia, Gen. 10:2), and with Kafti, the Egyptian name for the Eteo-Creteans.

Japheth

Indo-European Languages

Seven Sons of Japheth (see map below):
    1. Javan (Greece, Romans, Romance -- French, Italians, Spanish, Portuguese)
    2. Magog (Scythians, Slavs, Russians, Bulgarians, Bohemians, Poles, Slovaks, Croatians)
    3. Madai (Indians & Iranic: Medes, Persians, Afghans, Kurds)
    4. Tubal (South of Black Sea)
    5. Tiras (Thracians, Teutons, Germans, Scandinavian, Anglo-Saxon, Jutes)
    6. Meshech (Russia)
    7. Gomer (Celtic)

The Table of Nations: Ham, Shem and Japheth, Sons of Noah -- Courtesy of Return To Glory