Why are there so many even Christians afraid of Judgment Day?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Hobie, May 30, 2020.

1. Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh you are right, dear Wesley Briggman, the correct is Luke 13:25-27. Sorry, and it extensive to all readers.

2. Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When the Creator made man, was there a gentile or jew, of course not. Christ is the maker of all mankind and is the light of the world of all nations, and speaks to all His children, that all may be saved. But some, sadly, will choose another path that leads to eternal death....

3. Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "But some, sadly, will choose another path that leads to eternal death...". Every person born after Adam and Eve, the only created humans, was conceived (not created) in sin as David said: [Psa 51:5 KJV] 5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
    Therefore, all humans are by default, on the path that leads to eternal death. When the Holy Spirit convicts the chosen-ones of their sins, they repent and become children of God. God's children are sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption.
    [Eph 4:30 KJV] 30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

4. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    what' sins' does the Holy Spirit convict the world of? And you have no verse that says the Holy spirit convicts the 'chosen ones ' of their sins ..Check the verses .

5. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    psalm 51:5 This is about David .

6. Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [Jhn 16:7-9 KJV] 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
    [1Pe 2:9 KJV] 9 But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

As far a Psalms 51:5 [2Ti 3:16 KJV] 16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

You were conceived in sin as has every offspring since Adam and Eve conceived their offspring.

7. Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have gotten off topic:
    Why are there so many even Christians afraid of Judgment Day?
    In an attempt to get back on topic, are there any Christians on this board who are willing to step-up an say they are?

8. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think many false teachings that teach ' Lordship salvation ' are causing fear for many believer's who fall into this area .

9. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    'Sin ' BECAUSE they believe not on me .
    And it depends on what you understand by David being conceived in sin ?

10. Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You offer no scripture to support your statement.

11. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is plenty of scriptures that support eternal security ( Not the Calvinist Version )

12. Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still, you offer not scripture to support your position. If you chose to respond to this post and refuse to include such scripture, or if you do not respond, based on the following scripture, I will withdraw from you. You will be on my ignore list.

1Ti 6:3 KJV - If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, [even] the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
    1Ti 6:4 KJV - He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
    1Ti 6:5 KJV - Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

13. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 16 .
    8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
    9Of sin smoking and drinking, cussing , stealing...no , because they believe not on me
    10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
    11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

14. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lordship
    How do I demonstrate the damage Lordship salvation does to believers in 2020 ? from the scriptures? im speaking from what I see . You see this in all cults and false religions . What is the one main common practice among these groups? ' you can lose salvation ' . You could not have a cult without ' loss of salvation ' as the motivating fear to keep in line . If your asking can I support eternal security true and Lordship salvation false ,then of course . I've already supported my views on eternal security and on the false teachings of the T.U.L.I.P ( which on the surface looks like it supports eternal security but is really a subtle works based system) , in many places on this forum ..Apologies if you have not read .

15. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes all scripture is given for all of those things. But it also says we are to rightly divide the word . Seeing something said about David does not mean we then take that to mean that's true for everyone . John the baptist had the Holy Spirit in the womb ,does everyone?

16. Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, that is why we must turn to the Creator, and repent of our sins, so we may be in the kingdom with Him.

17. Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God decides on His prophets, they have it from the womb accordingly. But what holds us back for asking for the Holy Spirit also....

18. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Asking for the Holy Spirit? Paul says nothing about that. We recieve the Holy Spirit the moment we believe.

19. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its only Said of John the Baptist . That he had the Holy Spirit in the womb.