1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why does God let us sin?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Humble Disciple, Jul 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually we are saved by the Blood that He shed to save us in the first place alone. Righteousness is not needed to save us. Righteousness is given us after we believe. You see don't you Dave what you add to scripture only serves to deceive. It seems you try to out do the Word by adding to it. You must say to your self I can say it better than that..
    MB

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see I got my tongue in front of my eye tooth so I could not see what I was saying, and mistakenly used a double negative.
    I should have said: "I expect not even a single Calvinist can reference the verse that answers that question."

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Calvinist doesn't have a single understanding of the English language. My proof is just look at what they do with scripture when what it's saying is as plain as day. LOL!.
    MB

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul says God imputed our sins to Christ and His righteousness to us. Sin cannot enter heaven. That's why we die so the resurrection can make us sinless. You should study Paul in Romans 5 on this matter.

5. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only thing that matters is that Christ died for the sins of the whole world. Scripture says this, and you deny it. We are already sinless in Christ We die because of sin. Our flesh cannot enter the Kingdom of God. Not to worry we will have a new body in heaven.
    MB

6. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    If so, why aren't all saved? You imply his death didn't save anyone.

7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Question has been answered many times. We still have to believe before we can be saved. The Bible says this repeatedly. In acts 16:31. You call it works for Salvation but faith is not a work. You believe you are saved with out faith which is not true. Scripture never says we are saved so we can believe.. All those who call on His name are saved. We have to believe to call on His name other wise we would not do it. You must step back when you read these verses and think they aren't true to deny them.
    MB

8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You think you save yourself = an atonement that doesn't save.

Christ saved me when I could not believe. Giving me a new birth that caused me to believe = an atonement that actually saves sinners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Pharisees knew what the words said, but they did not know what they meant. That's a big problem today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    People are way in over their heads on this. They try to make our wood, hay, stubble works perfect (impossible) instead of realizing they are clothed with Christ's imputed perfect righteousness. Our righteousness is merely an attempt to tell God thanks for Christ's imputed righteousness that actually makes us perfect and saves us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You think your saved with out Christ. You're only fooling your self.Jesus Saves. Paul tells us how to be saved and you deny it. You can't even quote a single verse that says what you believe about Salvation.
    MB

12. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It sure is and you are just like them. You think you know but believe me for the sake of your life. God does not save those who do not believe Him and His precious Word. I thank God I received Faith from hearing and reading the Word .All you have to is call on His name. It's just that simple.
    MB

13. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You turn the gospel into a system of works. You must be saved (born again) before you can discern the true Christ.

“He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.” Matthew 16:15–17 (KJV 1900)

14. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    God blinded the Pharisees who knew the original languages as well as any, but they could not understand what the words meant.

15. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No where in scripture is faith ever defined as a work. It is not defined as a work in any dictionary. Who do you think you are redefining words as if you are Noah Webster him self. Good works are defined as helping others in some fashion. Not to mention the verses here that you have presented do not support your false doctrine of being saved with out faith.
    MB

16. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is true and it describes you and your doctrines which are man made. You still have not proven your position to be true.
    You compare me with the Pharisee's but you never look at who really does not understand. Your self you are blinded by your false Calvinism which is not found in scripture..
    MB

#56 MB, Aug 1, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  17. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Faith without works is dead. So in essence you claim works are your means of salvation. Meeting conditions that correspond to the Law are works.

18. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you cannot see this truth in scripture, you might have a huge problem.

19. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Faith is not a Law . Faith is a matter of believing, a matter of trust jn Jesus Christ. What makes you think it isn't work trying to reach you with the truth?
    MB

20. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you can't call on Jesus Christ you do have a problem.

I don't have any problems I know where I'm going when I die. My heart is at peace with where I'm going. I don't have to wonder about whether or not I'm elect because election will not save you.Only Jesus Christ saves. Not the Father or the Holy Spirit

MB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.