1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why does God let us sin?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Humble Disciple, Jul 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul did not teach Dispensationalism. The Jesuits did in order to deceive Protestants. Even Clarence Larkin says so in his book.

2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I'm a dispensationalist.I just showed you the truth from scripture and you deny scripture. You always do, why am I not surprised ? If the Jesuits taught it, good for them. They at least had some truth. You on the other hand do not. Neither does Charles Larkin. You still place your faith in men when you need only to trust in Christ and let Him lead you..You must be one of those Christians who never go to church and claim great knowledge of the scriptures.LOL
    MB.

3. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dispensationalists twist all scripture to fit their agenda. They came from the Jesuits in an attempt to deceive Protestants in their belief the Papacy is Antichrist.

4. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    He did not teach "Dispensationalism". If he uses the word dispensation it means he hands out (dispenses) the gospel.

42.25 οἰκονομίαa, ας f: a task involving management and organization—‘task, commission, responsibility.’ εἰ δὲ ἄκων, οἰκονομίαν πεπίστευμαι ‘but if not of my own will, I have been entrusted with a responsibility’ or ‘but since I have not chosen it, I do it as a task entrusted to me’ or ‘I do it as a matter of duty, because God has entrusted me with this task’ 1 Cor 9:17.
    Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition., Vol. 1, p. 512). New York: United Bible Societies.

5. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you do not believe that people have a free will why do you fight so hard to convince people that your determinism is true. If your determinism were true then your just barking at the wall as nothing will be changed as your version of god has decreed all things and all choices so that would make everyone just a puppet on strings. That means you have a very shortsighted view of God. You and all those that think your way have tried to put God in a box of your design.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dave do you spend any time reading scripture, I mean other that the calvinist proof texts? If you do then perh
    Now Dave you really should not go down that twisting scripture road. The way you treat scripture by times gives a whole new meaning to taken out of context. You seem much more content to support calvin than the bible. You may like calvin, augustine and other calvinist luminaries but their writings are not inspired. When any writer, no matter how good, disagrees with the bible then they are wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well since Dispensationalism like calvinism is a man made view of the bible I guess they are both wrong. As I have said before if what man says does not agree with the bible then that man is wrong.

8. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
    20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
    21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. - 2 Timothy 2

9. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dave have you ever studied the atonement? Really studied not just filled your head with the calvinist view, which if it is as you state is not biblical.

10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you have free will, prove it by living a sinless life.

11. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't just say what you think, prove it from scripture.

12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Jesuits created the basics of Dispensationalism. Calvin. Luther and the reformers broke the back of your Jesuits and their church, falsely so-called.

13. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You disagree with the historic ecumenical creeds which Calvin, Luther, and the rest embraced. They would consider you a heritic.

14. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since when does free will equal sinless perfection? You are just throwing out a red herring. On the other hand since your supposed to be one of Gods' chosen wouldn't you be the one that lives a sinless life?

15. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    For Whom Did Christ Die?
    HE DIED FOR

Mat_9:13; Luk_5:32 died for sinners
    1Ti_2:6; Isa_53:6 all
    Heb_2:9; 1Ti_4:10 every man
    Joh_3:17 the world
    Joh_3:16; 18 whoever believes
    1Jn_2:2 sins of the whole world
    Rom_5:6 the ungodly
    Rom_5:8-10 while we were sinners
    2Pe_2:1 false teachers
    Mat_20:28 many
    Joh_11:50-51 Israel
    Eph_5:25 the Church
    Gal_2:20 “me”

Just look at one verse Joh 3:16. The verse indicates God’s love is global, sacrificial, personal and eternal, “We will never exhaust the content and the meaning of Joh_3:16. Here is a single verse that shows us the mind of God, the heart of God and the will of God.”
    The Greek word for “whosoever,” G3956 which occurs more than a thousand times in the New Testament, carries the idea of “anyone, anywhere, anytime. Whosoever believes in Him is John’s normal way of describing saving faith.”

You may not like what the bible says but then again most people don't but being in the majority does not make you right. But as the saying goes "You have the right to be wrong" and that by the way means you have a free will.

16. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would you call them my Jesuits, this just shows you don't read a comment you just react.

17. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    So now I am supposed to be worried about what some men that you revere think. As I said if they do not agree with the bible then they are wrong, and since they do disagree with the bible they are wrong. You continue to follow those men and I will follow the bible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.