Would you vote for John James?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, May 17, 2022.

1. canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But he would say that means you don’t get to complain. You had your say by not voting.

BTW, I don’t care, complain all you want.

peace to you

2. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My complaint would explain why I refused to vote :Wink .

I just don't get into politics, so if you hear me complain it will be about something else.

3. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you oppose it in idea, but don't vote for the politicians trying to stop it? Just wish it away? Looks like Trump justices just took a big step in stopping it.

4. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I oppose the idea that secular politics is the answer to solve the issues of the world. I also oppose the idea that I should give my support to a secular worldly power.

I do not wish it away. Scripture tells us about the powers of the world. I just do not want to take part in those powers.

5. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell us who he is

6. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Running for 10th Ga Us Congress. He and Trump are big buddies. He does not care what he says, where he says it, who he says it to, or how bad it offends anyone. He calls the Ga. Governor "BRino Kemp" because "I will not dignify that Rino traitor by calling him Brian." He is a real firebrand.

7. just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow!!!! Would really love to see this - unpacked, as David Jeremiah would say!!

8. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is simple (not much unpacking needed).

The registered voters who do not vote represent a population that believes neither party (or candidate) representative of their values or goals.

This is how the "get out the vote" project started (in case you were thinking nobody notices abstaining voters).

My "voice" is secular politics are not worthy of my time, vote, or support. I'll let my voice be known through my church, not worldly powers.

9. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's vote for Democrats is what it is.

10. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I have a few minutes

Pro
    Pro-life, Pro 2nd Amendment, pro business, Defund Planned Parenthood,

Con: Opposes Death Penalty, employers should not be able to fire workers due sexual orientation
    repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act (yes - repeal - but not replace)

No stand taken

During his 2020 campaign, James declined to take specific positions on a number of policy questions, including how the Social Security Trust Fund would be protected from the impact of a payroll tax cut, whether the Senate should vote to confirm a new Supreme Court justice to fill the vacancy created by the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg before or after the 2020 presidential election, or whether he thinks military bases named for Confederate generals should be renamed.[43][51][52]

Based on the info - I probably would

11. just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK!! To each his own, but to me it just says “I don’t really care what direction our country takes!”
    To me, the fact that we have political system that allows EVERY citizen the right to have his voice heard via voting, means that, to me anyway, we are “- - rendering unto Caesar - -“, as approved by Jesus and the gov’t.
    But, whatever floats your boat!:(

12. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand. That said, render unto Caesar does not mean giving unto the government what the government does not require. It refers to giving unto the government what belongs to the government, specifically it was a reference to paying taxes.

I agree that most citizens of the US have a right to vote (those under the voting age, some with mental issues, and criminals who have lost that right cannot vote).

But I served in the military to protect our rights, including our right to abstain from participating in the powers of this world.

It is not that I do not care about our nation (I voiced my support by giving her 23 years of my life). I just do not believe any secular power will correct our nation's path.

But I do understand your feelings. I believe everyone who is able should serve in the military. Not all believe this way.

13. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just as much as it is a vote for Republicans.

I have seen that fallacy argued by both sides, though.

14. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the more I think about people complaining that I don't vote.....knowing how much time I spent away from my family, how I missed being with my father during his last days on this earth because I was serving our nation...the more it sounds offensive.

15. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If your principles agree with the Republican platform, and you do not vote, that is for all practicality a vote for the Democrat.

16. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You served your country in the military. Good. Kudos. Etc.Etc.
    That does not give you a free pass for life.

17. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My principals agree with Scripture, not the Republican party.

The GOP is just as self-serving as the DNC.

18. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    @canadyjd 's story is apt here

I would ask anybody complaining about my abstaining from secular politics how long they served and what branch.

It was kinda funny watching folks whine about me not voting when they refused to serve their country.

So no, there is not a time limit. You complain that I do not exercise my rights as you want (we do have a right to abstain from voting). But I served almost half of my life in the military. So I do not feel guilt about exercising my rights as I deem appropriate.

19. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Abortion?

20. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care what you do. Ask yourself this question; If no Republican voted in the next election cycle, where would our country be in two years from the next election?
    You served half your adult life in the military. I served half my life period in law enforcement. No one owes me anything and no one owes you anything. I got a paycheck every two weeks. You got paid. You know the Dems will destroy this nation if Republicans stop voting.