You can be saved without the Gospel???

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Reformed1689, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You present the word, 'justified', as having a definition you assume and are not into considering any other usage of 'justified', by God, Paul, or any other writer.

So, that's just on you.

You invent various other 'ways of salvation', and other errors all the time that way.

God so loved the world, so do not love the world, or the things in the world, because the friend of the world is the enemy of God.

What do words mean, according to their usage?

You can pluck a word straight up and say it means so and so, but that doesn't make God Agree.

The Bible Words all agree.

3. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strawman

4. Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
    Romans 1:16.

The remainder of the Passage must be interpreted, correctly.

5. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You realize I agree with you right?

6. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hard head

7. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is ONE way of salvation.

It has been so and will continue till the heavens and earth are destroyed.

God (as seen in the conversation between Nicodemus and the Christ) will save according to His good pleasure.

Paul asks, “9What then? Are we better than they (the Gentiles)? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks are all under sin;...”

He goes on to declare, “19Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God;
    (Do not forget that the Gentiles have the “law” written on the heart.)

He goes on, “21But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, ”

He continues, “28For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.

That is why Paul with all authority writes Romans 2:14-16.

Faith.

Belief.

That is the manner ALL are redeemed.

8. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you misrepresented what I said.

9. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You realize he gave post #89 a winner, right?

10. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does that have to do with anything? Anyone can give any post a winner. It doesn't mean anything. And so what @PB Brother Tony who has been here all of 18 hours gave you a winner. Good for you. That doesn't change the fact you misrepresented my position.

11. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We agree:

God is good.

Belief is salvation.

God demonstrated His authority and power by the gospel in which Paul was unashamed to bring to people.

The question then must come, what do you consider is the gospel?

Is it mental ascent to historical facts, or is it the power of God demonstrated through the provision of a Redeemer?

12. Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there a new 'salvation' about a child, there?

Is this second bunch of talk supposed to say something?

You talk a lot without saying what you're talking about.

13. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Point it out, what misrepresents your position:

"All you 'means', or 'gospel regeneration' types make the same mistake as the Jews:

39 Ye search the scriptures, because ye think that in them ye have eternal life; and these are they which bear witness of me; Jn 5

The gospel has zilch to do with conveying eternal life to the elect, it tells of the ONE Who does:

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: 2 Tim 1"

14. Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I don't know what you are trying to say, or trying not to say.

When, Roman's 2:12-14 is interpreted correctly, it says something I'm sure.

15. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m not certain where you are getting this.

Never even implied by me.

But, how did you present “justified” in which I did not point back to Scripture truth?

I have “invented” nothing of the sort.

I consistently and repeatedly write, ALL are redeemed EXACTLY the same way, from Eden to the end of the heavens and earth after the millennial reign of Christ.

I don’t know what you mean by the sentence, “The Bible Words all agree.”

What is the name of Jesus?

Is it the name that will cause all creation to bow, or the person and attributes associated with that person that causes the bowing?

The Bible says, “At the name of Jesus...”. Not the word Jesus.

16. Joined:
    Oct 25, 2019
    Faith:
    Baptist

We are legally justified by the blood of Christ, in God's justice system. Faith justifies us (declares us saved) in our conscience. IE, justification by faith is assurance of salvation. It comes to us as active believers.

Justification by works is our declaration of righteousness in the eyes of others.

So gospel means. There have been Baptists in the old days who believed it. But even those who did believed regeneration and conversion were separate things, but that they happened at the same time.

But notice John 3:8 - the Spirit moves as does the wind, and men have nothing to do with the wind. Also John 5, in which JEsus says we're born again by His words, just like the dead rise in the last day by His words.

So there are several examples in the Bible of people being converted. In Acts, notice how they're all people who were hungry and searching. Cornelius is the greatest example. God had cleansed him yet he was not yet a followed.

There are a few passage that some use to teach gospel means, like the passage in James about being begotten by the word. But that passage seems to be referring to the early church being the product of Jesus' preaching.

(firstfruits of them that believe...ie the early church)

The passage in Peter about being begotten by the Word likely has reference to being born again by Jesus' words, not preachers words about Jesus.

We hear the voice of the son of God and live.

17. Joined:
    Oct 25, 2019
    Faith:
    Baptist

No matter how many times you say something is a heresy doesn’t mean you’re right.

According to your claim Jesus Christ needs our help by our faith to save us. God is sovereign and if you claim that man plays ANY role, even our faith, then we’re in charge.

Do you see the contradiction?

Jesus died for the Church that all who are covered by His blood WILL be saved.

He is a perfect Savior!

18. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never said that the Gospel is what causes regeneration. But let me ask you this, do you have to believe on the name of Christ or not?

And for you, do you believe evangelism is necessary or not?

19. Joined:
    Oct 25, 2019
    Faith:
    Baptist

2 Timothy 1:9 KJV
    [9] Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Elected in eternity past justified on the cross!

Your faith in the Gospel is prove that you belong to Christ. Our faith is the sign of our new birth not the means.

20. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ephesians 2:8-9 saved by grace through faith.