A wake-up call for conservatives ??

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Sep 16, 2022.

1. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you really imagine these two men would be kissing in your house? Come on, stop imagining things that don't happen. They would not do that at a meal with you just as you wouldn't sit there smooching your wife.
    Your job is to train your daughter in the way of God and show her that you will love sinners through their sin and point them toward Christ. Truthfully, when these men see your holiness, there conscience will either be pricked and they will come to repentance or they will be uncomfortable and excuse themselves from a future gathering. But, you will have shown them Christ and their reaction will be between them and God. You've done your job as an ambassador of Christ.

2. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you find enjoyment out of big, vain testimonies about how deep into sin someone was and how evil they were before they were saved, and how far they were from God and all the sin they committed. The kind of testimonies that Southern Baptists like to run around the county with and put on a show. Kind of like a TV drama show.

I don't. I find the "boring" testimonies of children raised in a Christian family that have grown up to know the Lord their entire lives to be of far more enjoyment.

Since we're being complete unserious here:

You're so right. Protecting my children from sin secretly means that I want nothing to do with any sinner that ever sinned.

That's why my wife and I have relationships with our neighbors that live in the temptation of same-sex attraction.

:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao

3. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one is talking about a makeout session. No idea why you brought that up.

You don't ever kiss your wife at someone else's house? A peck on the cheek or something? Do y'all not do that wherever you live?

That's a good half truth, unfortunately half-truths are lies as we see in the Garden of Eden.

Yes, my job is to train my daughter to love sinners. It's also my job to protect her from the social contagion of transgenderism and LGBTQ-sandwhich ideology. It's also my job to protect her from child molesters. So that means no child molesters in my house, and no BLT-with-toast ideology in my house.

Bless your heart, just call me Elijah then.

I'll be calling down fire from heaven next week in my super holy robes with my super holy self.

$5 admission, no guarantee of miracles occurring, no refunds. Not valid in the state of California. May cause cancer. Please consult your doctor before visiting.

4. canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not welcome them into my home to share a meal.

I would show them the love of Christ by telling them the truth of the gospel and the truth that their relationship is unnatural, unhealthy and especially ungodly before God.

I would continue to share the love of Christ by praying God would deliver them from the deception of Satan and free them from their sin.

peace to you

5. canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I don’t think we need to expose our children to immorality in order for “these men” to see our “holiness”. I can think of no other biblical model than simply sharing the truth of the gospel.

Please provide scripture where sinners saw the “holiness” of Christians and their conscience was pricked causing them to come to repentance?

peace to you

6. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Austin, would you like to join me when I go in the office and bang my head against the wall?

Its like running around the track - I have done a lot - but I've ended up right where I began!

ON a serious note: the sad part is that having worthless discussions like this keeps me from true witnessing.

I remember talking to a lady one afternoon. She told that the only important part of the Bible are the words in red. I tried to explain to her the entire Bible is the Word of God. But to no avail. So I finally told her that we were getting nowhere and it was time to move on. Well, Austin - I know you realize where this is headed.

7. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go treat your gay neighbor like you would yourself. That's your first task.

8. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would do that for any happy person
    and I would have no problem doing so for a h0m0lex/al individual as well.

9. Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You want the old RINOS in charge again?

Trump is the only thing that put spine and fight back into the Republicans.

Trump is the reason you have had wins in the Supreme Court on abortion and gun rights.

LOOK at policy not at personality.

No leader is going to be remotely perfect.

10. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will take Ben Sasse, a person of integrity who is consistently voting the most conservative line in the Senate.
    Trump is a RINO

11. Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Trump is not a RINO and you know it, he is something altogether different. He actually redefined what it is to be Republican, old conservative.

The RINO Party of yesteryear consistently lost or sold out on everything, Trump has actually delivered some wins on the board, rather the decades of steady losses.

The truly worst kind of elite people hate Trump with a passion, that’s why people need to vote for Trump, keep throwing a brick through the elites window.

12. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :rolleyes:

13. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is different. He spent the vast majority of his life as a Democrat. He has a cult-like following that is not really Republican, but is mostly radical individualist libertarians who are closest to anarchists than to traditional Republicans. This faction of RINOs is destroying the Party and handing over the US to the Democrats with remarkable speed.

Congratulations, Trump, the RINO, has done what the Democratic Party could not do...split the Republican Party and make it nearly insignificant in American society.

14. 777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Clueless as usual, Trump never "split the Republican Party", that divide has been there since at least 1964. We'll just have to see how insignificant the GOP is in American society next month.

15. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even a small temporary gain in 2 months will be dwarfed by the cultural shift that you cannot hold back via political machinations. Your view is short sighted and narrow-minded, which is why the Republican Party under Trump is about to implode on itself.

16. percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you be, born again, in reality are you not just a born again sinner?

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

17. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are certainly sinners. Everytime we sin, we pound the nails into Jesus just a little bit deeper. Yet, the Bible says we are justified before God because God sees Jesus, our substitute, who has never sinned. We have Jesus, our High Priest, ever interceding for us before God the Father, reminding God that Jesus paid it all in full.

Now, what does this have to do with a wakeup for the Republican Party?

18. canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “The cultural shift that you cannot hold back…”

I think you underestimate the anger of parents whose children are being groomed for sexual exploitation in kindergarten; of the people stepping over human feces to get to work; of ordinary Americans living in fear of being randomly attacked on the street, some receiving life long injuries, only to have the perp released without bail to terrorize others; of store owners being robbed daily with cops afraid to intervene; of being told over and over we are racists, bigots, homophobes, transphobes etc because we disagree politically.

This is what you are incapable of understanding. Trump supporters view him as someone willing to fight against the “cultural shift you cannot hold back” We realize what is at stake; the very future of this country as founded and they want someone that values that reality and is willing to fight for it.

Ben Sasse isn’t that man. Never was. Never will be.

peace to you

19. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you misjudge the post-Christian country in which you live. Very few people are living in fear of homosexuality in the United States. That agenda you have is not the agenda of most Americans. If people vote for Republicans it won't be on moral issues, it will be on economic issues. Can you help me live a comfortable life? Yes or no? That's what will sway the common voter. If you bring in morality as the main talking point, you will have the majority vote Democrat. Just read the "state of theology" report and see how far away from God the church has fallen, let alone the non-church goers.
    The State of Theology Survey: 2020 Results

The State of Theology

20. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They ought to be. They will be damned to hell for it. And the Church ought to keep preaching on it rather than going the pragmatic way you are insisting on.