1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Baptist Board?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by 5 point Gillinist, Jun 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They hid. That is what all sinners do when a holy God comes around.
    God graciously exchanged their man-made garments for the innocent animal that was substituted for their sins.
    It is you who is trying to force free will on Adam and Eve, when they were bound in sin.

Why do want men to be free from God's hand? Don't you know what that means? If you are clueless, look at Romans 1 and what happens when God gives a human over to his own. ways. Hint: It isn't good for the human.
    So, why do you want freedom from God?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Austin the way you throw around your insults some would have to wonder if you really were a Christian or perhaps your just a troll. You do not come across as very Christ like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you DO have a nonbaptist in the position of moderator, denying the elementary and defining, and inarguable, biblical doctrines, even that doctrine shown plainly in the ordinances.

That Christ died a death that we deserved, INSTEAD of us, not merely the death that not even Jesus says is not death, but only sleep.

Not only that, that Christ stood, not merely as our representative, but in union with us.

He should be relegated to the non-baptist fora.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let them argue for their faith in the non-baptist fora. Engage them if you're able. We will all be sharing cells soon anyway.

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just remember, you're watching The Van Show.

#85 kyredneck, Jul 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's true. Money is the reason the original owners sold.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How I picture Van:

wise-man-guru-mountain-top-photo.jpg

He's always spouting impromptu adages as if his insight is so accute. :p

#87 Aaron, Jul 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember, you're being corrected by someone who can't bring himself to say that same sex marriage is not real marriage. It's just not marriage in God's opinion.

9. Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    yep they hid. Can you tell me where I denied this fact?
    Yep once again, Can you tell me where I denied this?
    Force free will? Lol. See this is exactly why I say these arguments are ridiculous. No one can actually have a logical and serious discussion. All people from both sides know how to do is make up stories that are not factual. And try to impose this false truth on the other.

1. Did they run away from God and continue to try to hide (like most people do)?
    2. Did they freely allow God to come to them and show them their guilt?
    3. Did God force them to put on the animal skins against their will?

I am not trying to force free will on anyone. I am just looking at the facts and without any evidence to the contrary. Determined they freely chose to say yes to God

Lol. Thats where grace comes in. Grace offers a way. Grace says come all who are weary and broken hearted, and God will give us rest. Grace says God came to us. And all who believe will be given life (regeneration)

Why do people want to make God out to something that he is not, and claim he is loving? (Calvinism)

why do people want to deny the promise of God and try to impose human works as a means to salvation (armeninanism)

Why do arminians claim anyone who do not agree with them are calvinists or follow T.U.L.I.P?

Why do calvinist claim that anyone who does not agree with them are arminians or follow arminians 5 points?

10. Eternally Grateful

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sadly, He is not the first one to act like this. If you have been around these arminian vs calvin arguments, This is what you get from both sides.

Sadly these and other heated debates has people looking at christianity and asking themselves why would I want to be part of that organization which is filled with hate against each other?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, the founder changed jobs. His new position didn't allow him the time yo properly take care of the Board.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be an excuse from those in rebellion against God. God will condemn them in their sins. God is more than capable of saving his elect in the midst of disagreement amongst those who promote man-centered salvation and those who promote God-centered salvation.
    You give yourself far too much power than you actually have.

13. Eternally Grateful

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your one of them

And your right, God is perfectly capable of saving you from your sins, And saving you from your fear of whatever it is that keeps you from choosing to recieve christ freely and placing your faith in hiim. Like Adam and Eve did, Like Abraham did, Like noah did. Like daniel and david and all those who came before us.. You acted on faith..

However, the more you continue to bear false witness against me and those like me, in your lies about us. God will pay you back for. He will not tolerate sin of any kind, and he will not tolerate his name and character being misrepresented.

14. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are projecting onto me what is not there.
    Question: Did God call Adam and Eve? Did God call Noah? Did God call Abraham? Did God call Moses?

Do you see the pattern of God?

God chooses and calls. The effect is they had faith.

You keep wanting to tell us that humans generated their own faith and caused God to act. The Bible never teaches such a thing.

A graceless gospel is no gospel at all. I am secure in Christ that I am discerning your doctrine accurately.
    Feel free to keep hating on me. It doesn't bother me.

15. Eternally Grateful

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet in the following words of your own, you prove what I said is true

Notice how you refuse to even acknowledge that Adam and Eve did not run, and how God did not force them to put on those animals. Imagine their horror when for the first time they witness the spilling of blood. Then to have that on them as a covering..

I see the pattern of God. I showed it to you. Once again you ignored it. Then said I am projecting something not there.

I refuse to get into a debate with you. its a lost cause, I have seen how you react and treat people You prove my point about this discussion

Good day sir.

16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another non-responsive post, God credits the faith of some (for example Abraham) as righteousness. So the person is credited with having a righteous faith. But only after being placed spiritually into Christ's spiritual body, are those individuals made righteous by the washing of regeneration, being made alive together with Christ.

Those that deny scripture make subject changing assertions.

17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another "claim what is not said as being said" post.
    1) Does our righteousness come from Christ? Yes, not at issue.
    2) Do "we have His righteousness because He took on our sin?" Nope, but we were made righteous because He took what God had against us and put it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. (Colossians 2:14)
    3) The difference between made righteous, and declared righteous is the method. Scripture refers to the washing of regeneration, and the circumcision of Christ, and also refers to the blood (sacrifice of His life).

Romans 5:9
    Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

18. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As this thread has gone into the ditch, I am closing it. But before I do so, I want folks to know the founders of Baptist Board were Hungarian Baptists. In Hungary, there weren't the varieties of Baptists there are here in the States. Boy, were they naive.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.