Can Someone answer this ??? RE: Black Lifes Matter

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jun 4, 2020.

1. timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If people do not know what their individual sins are, then they are not listening to the Holy Spirit. If they have none, why all the fuss? Jonah 3:3-9

3 So Jonah set out and went to Nineveh, as Adonai had said. Now Nineveh was such a large city that it took three days just to cross it.
    4 Jonah began his entry into the city and had finished only his first day of proclaiming, ‘In forty days Nineveh will be overthrown,’
    5 when the people of Nineveh believed God. They proclaimed a fast and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them to the least.
    6 When the news reached the king of Nineveh, he got up from his throne, took off his robe, put on sackcloth and sat in ashes.
    7 He then had this proclamation made throughout Nineveh: “By decree of the king and his nobles, no person or animal, herd or flock, is to put anything in his mouth; they are neither to eat nor drink water.
    8 They must be covered with sackcloth, both people and animals; and they are to cry out to God with all their might — let each of them turn from his evil way and from the violence they practice.
    9 Who knows? Maybe God will change his mind, relent and turn from his fierce anger; and then we won’t perish.”

2. Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is your basis for equating black lives with the sheep of the Good Shepard, Jesus Christ. Do you take a position of universal salvation for black people?

3. RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. But this young lady explains a lot of what Christians need to understand.

Bevelyn Beatty was live. on Thursday ·
    I GOT SOME QUESTIONS FOR WHITE PEOPLE

Are y’all scared to tell the truth to #blackpeople because y’all white? Are y’all still holding on to the fear of man which is a snare? What is it gonna take to make y’all WAKE UP?

And for the WHITE LIBERALS, are black people so helpless we can’t do it without y’all? Are y’all so privileged while we’re so under-privileged that you got to stand outside of YOUR OWN “NICE” neighborhoods with a #BLACKLIVESMATTER sign? Why do you feel the need to feel part of something so bad? Am I just another charity case, and discriminated child of a slave???

“The fear of man brings a snare, But he who trusts in the LORD will be exalted.”
    ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭29:25‬ ‭NASB‬‬

“There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”
    ‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:28‬ ‭NASB‬‬

4. Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My basis is that all humans are made in the image of God with unalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
    When one group of God's image bearers is in danger and God seeks them out, should all the others be jealous and think they don't matter just because the one group is in danger?
    The analogy being used regarding the one sheep and the other 99 is not being used in a theologically accurate way (it never intended to do so), instead it is used to make a point that when one group is being unjustly treated, the other groups should not assume that the cry for help of the one therefore means that the other 99 don't matter.
    Are you bothered by the phrase "black lives matter?" If so, why does it bother you?

5. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

6. Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "My basis is that all humans are made in the image of God with unalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
    Please, please, please provide scriptural support for your belief that God at any time in His revelation granted any universal unalienable rights of ANY kind to all of mankind. If you cannot provide such support, I advise you to stop ascribing to God actions He did not take or endorse.

[Nah 1:2 ESV] 2 The LORD is a jealous and avenging God; the LORD is avenging and wrathful; the LORD takes vengeance on his adversaries and keeps wrath for his enemies.

"When one group of God's image bearers is in danger and God seeks them out, should all the others be jealous and think they don't matter just because the one group is in danger?"
    Sorry, I cannot follow your logic with that question. However, if God seeks them out, He will succeed.

"The analogy being used regarding the one sheep and the other 99 is not being used in a theologically accurate way (it never intended to do so), instead it is used to make a point that when one group is being unjustly treated, the other groups should not assume that the cry for help of the one therefore means that the other 99 don't matter."
    Originally, there was only one group. Now, somehow, there are a hundred?
    Also, I am curious how/where you gained the insight concerning this analogy not being "theologically accurate".
    I need help with understanding your statement.

Are you bothered by the phrase "black lives matter?" If so, why does it bother you?
    I believe it could be divisive if the implication is any racial groups lives matter more than others.

7. rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Black Lives Matter" is an organization created to further a particular agenda. They promote feminism, homosexuality, transgenderism, and the disruption of "the Western-prescribed nuclear family," to name a few. When people #BlackLivesMatter, they are pounding support of all these issues, whether or not they are aware of it. It is a free country, and people are free to engage in supporting those things. I fear, however, that many people who believe that Black lives matter really don't intend to support many of the other things the organization has tied to that principle.

8. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and now a new group has emerged: LAST CHANCE FOR CHANGE

One girl said "I dont have another option"

Hogwash!!!

I would like to know the last time she voted
    Is she involved in her political party
    Has she run for office?

What an unnecessary statement.

9. Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pursue life, liberty and happiness.

Genesis 1:26-30 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.

10. Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I couldn't care less about an organization.
    I care deeply about equity and justice for all.
    Sadly, our society still prejudges person's by the color of their skin and extends or retracts privileges based upon skin color.
    Therefore, as long as being black results in prejudism and fear...black lives matter.

11. rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and promoting the safety and sanctity of black lives can and should be done without promoting an unchristian organization.

12. Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "...let them have dominion H7287 ..."
    The KJV translates Strong's H7287 in the following manner: rule (13x), dominion (9x), take (2x), prevaileth (1x), reign (1x), ruler (1x).

As you can see, scripture does not support your position.

The preamble to DOI stating that their creator endowed his creation with life, liberty and pursuit of happiness is hogwash conceived in the minds of arrogant men.

13. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that the Minneapolis cop was a sadistic psycho. Those kind can appear in any profession. No one in the whole world defends this psycho.

Secondly, I think that the media in connection with the left wants riots and chaos to advance a political agenda that is not based upon the logic of events or the logic of reality.

The American left believes that they can assume power and remain in power forever and nothing else will change but their antecedent the French Revolution led only to the wars of the military dictatorship of Napoleon and there is great doubt that the left in a military dictatorship in America would be strong enough to defeat both communism and Islam. For a long time, I have thought that Islam will bring down communism in the Muslim march to conquer the world.

Minneapolis has 100,000 Muslims who will survive the collapse of municipal government very well because they have sharia law and probably have long been a no-go zone in Minneapolis for the municipal authorities. The left miscalculates the implosion that their revolution is causing and how it will affect them worldwide. The Democrat big city strongholds of the left are already factored into the November election as a loss to Trump. Trump will win what he won in 2016 and more. It is the Dems who cannot win with this leftist program. The riots in the name of social justice murdered many innocent people, including two or three in downtown Indianapolis.

The left fails to persuade because they are using the example of a sadistic psycho murderer as their cause. They have some of them in their own leftist ranks.

14. just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Frankly, my big concern is that with all the lying/cheating from the dems, if the election is not adequately supervised, they will “WIN”!!!:mad:
    My ONLY solace is that I know that HE IS STILL IN CHARGE!!!!!!:Thumbsup
    And I am still praying that all that the dems planned againstTrump will come to rest on their shoulders 10 fold!!!:Laugh

15. Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope you are correct.

16. Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you arguing for slavery? Because I am not following your thinking other than you may be promoting racism. Please clarify as you are coming across in a way that I don't believe you intend to come across.

17. canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did Jesus say He came to give us life and fullness of it? Did Jesus say He would set us free (liberty)? Did Jesus say He wanted us to be full of joy (happiness)?

Yes,Yes, Yes

peace to you

18. Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No such thoughts ever entered my mind. I am offended by your implying I harbor such thoughts.

I am simply taking the position that the God of the Bible never endowed His creation with anything.

en·dow
    (ĕn-dou′)
    tr.v. en·dowed, en·dow·ing, en·dows
    1. To provide with property, income, or a source of income.
    a.
    To equip or supply with a talent or quality: Nature endowed you with a beautiful singing voice.
    b. To imagine as having a usually favorable trait or quality: endowed the family pet with human intelligence.

The definition of "endow" listed above is the one I adhere to.

Below is a listing I found when searching for related subjects.
    Endowed by Our Creator: The Birth of Religious Freedom in ...

www.amazon.com/Endowed-Our-Creator-Religious...
    Jun 05, 2012 · Endowed by Our Creator shows that the framers understood that the American government should not acknowledge religion in a way that favors any particular creed or denomination. Nevertheless, the framers believed that religion could instill virtue and help to unify a diverse nation.

If the statement, "..government should not acknowledge religion in a way that favors any particular creed or denomination."
    is valid, then these men could not rightfully claim to be in agreement with God's revelation since He said:
    [Exo 20:3 KJV] 3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
    [Exo 34:14 KJV] 14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name [is] Jealous, [is] a jealous God:

Do you not know that God considers everyone a slave in a spiritual sense:
    [Rom 6:16 KJV] 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

If you think that God endorses religious freedom, and claim to be a Christian, I have no further words for you.

Depending on your response, I will add you to my ignore list. Feel free to reciprocate in like manner.

19. Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What type, of the three types of live identifiable in the scriptures, did Jesus come to give and is it the same life as was supposedly endowed to us in the preamble to the Declaration of Independence?

From what did Jesus come to liberate from?

Did Jesus instruct us to pursue happiness in the world?

20. evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @OP If you want an honest answer.....this site tends to be a conservative echo chamber, so if you really want to know, honestly, you need to go into spaces of the people who support BLM. Or spaces that are more mixed in their views.

If you ask me, it's a bit like asking why the prolife crowd doesn't focus on abolishing the death penalty, imo. "Pro life should mean ALL LIFE, after all", they say. But the term pro-life was created specifically for protesting the killing of unborn babies, the term iirc dates as far back as the 80s.
    Similarly, BLM was created specifically to combat police violence against black people, so that is what they focus on. It doesn't mean black on black crime isn't a problem or that it doesn't matter or that it doesn't need to be addressed. Also, the black people that commit the crimes against other blacks still go to jail and get punished for it.