1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catholics not accepted?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Fignar, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

See you soon on the blogs your recommended that allow open and honest posting without fear of being labeled a proselyte. I've decided it is time for 'Scotty to beam me up too, there is little intelligent life form here.'

Let them live in their narrow little minds. They will see us in heaven even if they won't like it. Expect to see them in a long line designated for Baptist with a sign "Baptist Questions explained Here!

LOL :wavey:

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What is wrong with your thinking HP? Some prejudice no doubt.
    Homosexuality is condemned in the Bible. So is adultery, fornication, bestiality, witchcraft, rebellion of any sort, lying, stealing, cheating, murdering, lust, covetous (which the Bible says is idolatry), and a host of other sins.
    It also considers all sins equal, for "sin is a transgression of the law."
    However, the consequences of various sins may be different especially on this earth. Some may require jail time; others do not, for example.

At salvation, all sins are put under the blood of Christ. "There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus." That means none! No condemnation! I hope you get that. Regarding a believer's salvation there is no condemnation, and can never be. God does not lie. All our sins are forgiven and are under the blood, as far as our salvation is concerned.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And will we see the "Queen of Heaven" also?
    How about the "Redemptrix" of Christianity? Will we see her as well?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Did he re-explain that the "door" was symbolic?
    Did he have to? Some things are common sense. But the RCC doesn't think so.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Baptist blinders? That's a new one. I know the truth of the REMEMBERANCE of Him.

6. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

I have no doubt the the Mother Of God will see you there too!

Do a little study on 'Theotokos' as the Earliest Christians since the apostles did and see where you think The Most Holy Mother God probably spent eternity.

I was told as a Baptist, she was only a woman. Wow, she said the 'perfect, yest to God and in fact (no other reasoning for it theologically) she became the MOTHER OF GOD. Many Baptist on this board have finally had to concede this theological truth.

DHK, I know you HATE anything Catholic, sign of Cross, genuflecting, lightling candles, the holy mass, confession, kneeling in church, receiving the actual body and blood in communion, the rosary, etc.

Fact is, you protestant churches are shrinking in numbers FAST. Our Catholic Churches becasue of evangelism is growing a tremendous rate.. I all the 'so called Catholics you claim are leaving the Catholic Church for your protestant churches' there would be a huge increase in membership in your churches. You continue to dwindle and dwindle. Oh, yeah, some to grow, but not your denominational they continue to empty out and close. End of story.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He did. See verse 63.

8. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

It didn't say 'do this in remembrance only' Not just a memorial service as you try to make it isn't it. Read St. Paul in Cor., read the Ignatious, read the didache written to guide early Christians in correct faith and practice. This simple memorial service just wasn't practiced for many, many years and not until the reformation throught the bably out with the bath water.

9. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

As I said, good by. I hope you visit fair blog sites where Catholic and protestants are allowed to voice opinions without being accused of proselytying. Johndeerfan got banned because he was rude, obnoixtious, slanderous, and mocking. Calls peoples fools and I'm surprised the moderators let him continue to post here. Bet he wouldn't have got away with it if he was doing it to others that didn't sypathize with the Catholic Faith.

So long to you !

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Luke 22:19 "This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me."

1 Corinthians 11:23-26 "For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me." In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me." For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes."

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

God has no mother. You are deceived.
    The "theotokos" is a false doctrine. Again you are deceived.
    She was only a woman like the rest of us. She was a sinner, needed to provide a sacrifice to the priest because of her sin, admitted her need of a Saviour in Luke 2, and had a wicked heart according to Jer.17:9, just like all of us do. She was a sinful person like the rest of the human race. Now she is dead, awaiting the resurrection from the dead. She is not and never was perfect.
    I hate what God hates, especially doctrine that sends people to hell, such as the RCC doctrine.
    This is all RCC propaganda that you have spewed out here before without anything to back it up. Notice: you have no sources, no statistics, nothing. It is just opinion and propaganda. In reality, as I have substantiated in the past with actual fact, the opposite is really true, isn't it?

12. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Re-read my threads: I supported it by losses in the SBC, Presbyterian Church, Reformed Church in American, Methodist Church, American Baptist Church, United Church of Canada, Anglican Church of Canada, Evangelical Lutheran Church, the Missouri Lutheran Church, The Freewill Baptist Church, the list goes on and on. And this takes account for the growth of the U.S. population. They are not leaving the Catholic Church, they are leaving YOUR churches. Empty pew abound in the Baptist churches in our area. Not so for the Catholic Church. Catholic propaganda is one thing, our full and standing room only masses are quite another. REALITY CHECK!!

13. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Again, DHK, thank you for your kind contribution. Thank you for listening to me. I look forward to seeing you in heaven where there will be no longer any confusion about your misunderstanding of God's word and those faithful witnesses who came directly after.

I pray only in peace for you my friend and brother in Jesus!

14. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Thanks Ann. I also had a horrible time with far side jokes as well. :tonofbricks:

15. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

BTW, Jesus was either 100 percent God and 100 percent man. You cannot separate his divinity from his humanity. Anything else is HERESY! Therefore, The Blessed Mother is rightlyflully called the Mother of God! Period!

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Matthew 24:10-12 "And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold."

Just because the Catholic church is growing and the other churches (which do not take into account a church like my own which is independent as are most of the churches that we associate with) are not does not mean that the growing is Biblically correct. Scripture tells us what will happen in the end times, which I believe we are either in or getting awfully close. Remember that people even left Jesus - does that mean He was wrong?

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So then Mary came before Jesus - who was from the beginning of the world.

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I LOVE the Far Side! LOL

Sorry - I might have just not said it clearly enough. I do that sort of thing. :laugh:

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You can choose to believe what you want. I believe it was pointed out to you something about statistics. When a person leaves a Baptist Church, he is written off the membership roll. His membership is either transferred or removed.

But to use a personal illustration, I have in my possession a RCC baptismal certificate. Do you think that the RCC ever bothered to "remove me from membership." Of course not. They don't really even keep track do they?

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Membership in the Roman Catholic Church declined 0.59 percent and the Southern Baptist Convention declined 0.24 percent, according to the 2009 edition of the Yearbook, edited by the National Council of Churches and published by Abingdon.

http://www.anglicansunited.com/?p=987

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.