1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catholics not accepted?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Fignar, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Dunno about that. According to Proverbs, everyone who acts unjustly is an abomination to God. It also cites looks of boastful pride, lying, devising wicked schemes, being quick to commit evil acts, and stirring up dissention among the brethren all as abominations. That probably covers most sins that we've all committed.

2. Fignar

Fignar New Member

I am with you on the fact that I don't believe they are meant to lead a church. I am just trying to be as Christ like as possible with my thoughts towards "them". I am honestly shocked if this person that was spoken of in this thread, were allowed to become a priest. But, given that I don't know any of the people, I can't very well deny that it might happen.

I would say also, that I can see a homosexual being called to become a pastor. I don't agree with it, but I can see it. Christ has called some of the worst sinners throughout history to become saints, and leaders of the Church. Who am I to say otherwise, you know.

3. Fignar

Fignar New Member

Well my time here is at an end. I want to thank those that listened, and would talk with me. I asked a moderator about my situation, and was told that it would best if I left. I will now do so.

Best of luck out there guys. I will pray for you all.

God bless,

Matt/Fignar

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Sorry to see you go.

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

This is my favorite Web site because of it being baptist, although I realize there are many different Baptist denominations with different beliefs--including 7th Day Baptist and even one with Catholic beliefs.

I like the fact that these forums don't have all the arguments, bickering, and name calling that I see in so many other "Christian" forums--at least not yet. When other denominations are allowed into a Baptist forum, problems are created because of doctrinal differences.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Hey, that's a surprise to me Jon-Marc--your favorite site. It would be good to see more input from you here.

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Heheh! Are we talking about the same site? :type:

8. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Your a sorry example of a Reformed believer.

9. ReformedBaptist

www.cs.unc.edu/~plaisted/estimates.doc

A good friend of mine was saved out of the papacy. One thing that helped him turn from papal idolatry and wickedness was the fact that the papacy/roman catholic church was the cause of the murder of millions and millions of people.

And people have the audacity to open their pie hole and suggest the papacy is Christian?

"From the birth of Popery in 606 to the present time, it is estimated by careful and credible historians, that more than fifty millions of the human family, have been slaughtered for the crime of heresy by popish persecutors, an average of more than forty thousand religious murders for every year of the existence of popery."

-- "History of Romanism," pp. 541, 542. New York: 1871.

The Catholic crusade against the Albigenses in Southern France (from 1209-1229), under Popes Innocent III., Honorius III. and Gregory IX., was one of the bloodiest tragedies in human history. … The number of Albigenses that perished in the twenty years’ war is estimated at from one to two millions.

-- Cushing B. Hassell, History of the Church of God, Chapter XIV.

W. E. H. Lecky says:

"That the Church of Rome has shed more innocent blood than any other institution that has ever existed among mankind, will be questioned by no Protestant who has a competent knowledge of history. The memorials, indeed, of many of her persecutions are now so scanty, that it is impossible to form a complete conception of the multitude of her victims, and it is quite certain that no power of imagination can adequately realize their sufferings." -- "History of the Rise and Influence of the Spirit of Rationalism in Europe," Vol. II, p. 32. London: Longmans, Green, and Co., 1910.

It is disgusting as well the ways invented by the papal Antichrist to murder and torture its victims.

Watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx8PdvOELvY

10. ReformedBaptist

For a Roman Catholic person to come to these boards or anywhere for that matter and state they are saved by Christ alone is such a deceptive and false statement I can only immediately recognize the hand of Satan in it.

It is lie, and a bad one at that. It is doublespeak and trickery. I detest it.

The papal system Roman Catholics hold to is where and whom their find their salvation. The Roman Catholic church is an Antichristian organization set against the Bible's teaching..it stands opposed to Christ and His blood bought church, true Christians, and all that is good and holy.

The papacy is also the fulfillment of the biblical prophecy of that Man of Sin foretold of in Scripture. It is very Antichrist.

Salvation in papal doctrine IS NOT through Christ alone. It is through sacraments and the priesthood of its church. Therefore, true to being Antichrist, it stands in the place of Christ, usurping Christ, to be salvation itself to the people caught by it.

It is not a salvation through Christ alone, but a salvation through Roman Catholic Church alone.

11. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Drop the word "Reformed" and I agree with you.

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I'm with Webdog on this. The claim of the Roman Catholic church being the original church is just false.

And just because your sister was a Baptist missionary who became Catholic means nothing. I see deception all the time in my ministry; a large part of the NT warns believers of deception. So citing people turning Catholic does not mean the RCC teachings are valid.

13. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Here is one for Jon-Marc. :wavey:

I dare Baptists like DHK to jump on this outrageous statement. If this statement alone does not gong your dinger to something being amiss with the notion that all ones sins have been literally paid for, or that ones formed intents have nothing to do with ones salvation, your head is made of stone or possibly even a harder element. :)

14. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Is it only me or are you seriously attempting to act blond at the roots? :smilewinkgrin:

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, I DO have to color my hair but, alas, my roots are dark brown. ;)

16. Fignar

Fignar New Member

Bump! Seriously last post. Congrats on the rest of you posting once I have taken my leave. To the rest of you that were civil. Thanks!

17. Heavenly Pilgrim

Ann, seriously, what were you trying to say?

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's the common argument that is used against taking the "bread and drink" as absolute physical "body and blood" as the Catholic church does. They say "But Jesus said...." and yet He also said that He is the door (John 10). So I was just saying that if you're going to say since Jesus said the bread was His body and the drink was His blood they MUST be physical body and blood, then Jesus must also be a door.

Make sense??

19. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

'I am the vine, you are the branches' He said that too. However, it is clear he wasn't speaking in METOPHORICAL language as he was in these other passages.

St. Paul in II Cor. as well as the Early Church Fathers clearly stated that the bread and the wine were NOT symbol.
    Doesn't take much faith to believe that God can not truly offer Himself as true blood and drink in the Most Holy Eucharist. In fact, the didache and other writings outside of the New Testament and clear teaching in the New Testament itself denies your 'symbolic' view. It was made up by reformers. Even Luther didn't buy it and taught it as heresy.

Baptist Invention!

Read John chapter 6 again, and again, and again. Ask the Holy Spirit to take those Baptist blinders off you eyes.

Jesus said it, I believe it and that settles it! So did St. Paul, Ignatius,and so many others who lived in the time of the apostles and were taught.

Too bad you banned other Catholic Christian. You might have learned something.

20. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Do you really understand the difference between metaphorical language and that which isn't? Is John Chapter six all metaphorical? If so, why didn't Jesus ask the departing followers to come back and let him re-explain that he only meant it as a symbol??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.