COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #61

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Oct 18, 2004.

1. dianetavegia Guest

2. dianetavegia Guest

Well 14 hours and no posts so guess I'll have to say good night to myself.

Had a good, anxiety free day, praise our Lord! Got a lot of laundry done and Sunday School lesson studied. Jim took Nick to the movie and they sat with our Minister of Youth and his two kids. They saw the 'Incredibles' or some such show. Lots of yakking, Nick said.

I did enjoy the quiet time with the guys out of the house! I turned off all the t.v.'s and music. I'm so used to 2 to 6 kids here.... and games going, t.v.'s going, music going.... the quiet was very nice. Didn't bother to take a nap. LOL.

Hope all have a very wonderful and restful night. May God grant healing to all those in need and clear the minds of those who are confused. May God touch the hearts of those who are lonely and give peace to those going through hard times.

ON THE WINGS OF A PRAYER

Just close your eyes and open your heart,
    And feel your worries and cares depart.
    Just yield yourself to the Father above,
    And let him hold you secure in his love.

For life on earth grows more involved,
    With endless problems that can't be solved,
    But God only ask us to do our best,
    Then he will take over and finish the rest...

So when you are tired, discouraged and blue,
    There is always one door that is open to you,
    And that is the door to The House of Prayer,
    And you'll find God waiting to meet you there.
    And The House of Prayer is no further away,
    than the quiet spot where you kneel and pray.

For the heart is a temple when God is there
    As we place ourselves in his loving care.
    And he hears every prayer and answers each one
    When we Pray in His name - Thy will be done.
    The burdens that seemed too heavy to bear
    Are lifted away on the wings of a prayer.

by: Helen Steiner Rice

And with that, I wish you all a good night.

Diane

3. TaterTot Guest

Howdy yall! Everyone's gone to bed, and I am just getting started! Got the girls to bed, the animals fed, the kitchen cleaned and clothes ready for tomorrow, so now my decaf coffee is a brewin' and I am gonna have me a taste of my low carb cheese cake I made last night. Its actually good!

I guess I have caught Sue's baking bug. We had several pumpkins left over from our Hallelujah Hoesdown, so I found a recipe for pumpkin cookies I thought I might have for children's church tomorrow. I also tried a low carb version, and they were NASTY! That low carb baking mix needs a revision! But DH says the normal ones are good.

Had a good day here - just played with the girls outside. We picked up a bucket of hickory nuts and acorns from the church yard across the street to put in our back yard for the deer to eat. We feed them corn, too. They come up pretty close to our bay window and we love watching them. (They come up REAL close when the garden is planted!)

We played Kerplunk and painted (watercolor) cards for the girls' Sunday School teacher, too. Had tacos for supper. That's about it!!

4. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all:

Tater: I am baking pumpkin cookies tomorrow!

Papers are done! There were three inserts full of ads plus the paper today! I had to bag them because they were too large and heavy for a rubber band...

I am going to lay back down for awhile. Brent has a VERY bad cold. He is running a low-grade fever and coughing a lot. We will be staying home from church today. Grandpa and Bobby will be going though.

Brent has to go back for his post-op exam this Thursday in Springfield. He is doing great! I am glad he didn't catch this cold before the stitches in his abdomen dissolved. It doesn't hurt his tummy to cough now.

HAGD!
    §ue

5. dianetavegia Guest

Wow, I was lazy all day and you girls were busy! Sounds like Tater and family had fun. I'm sorry to hear Brent is sick tho!

Jim's always the last one ready for church. I like to be early and he thinks if it says 9:45... that means 9:45. I have kids waiting if I get there THEN. My 'pictures' for coloring are all copied and in the room and we have a man who turns on all the lights.

I'm thinking about a nap today. Football will be on and I might just stick in a DVD and crawl up on my bed with a quilt. We have puppets at 5:00 and the young lady needs help. She's got 2 boys that are out of control (NOT mine tho) and they've had me for a teacher before so if I can even just sit between them or keep them quiet while the other kids practice.... There's Nick and the rest are really sweet girls from 1st - 6th grade.

Well, I'd better get Nick in the car. Low 40°'s this morning so quiet pleasant outside. I'd rather have fall and winter anyday than summer in Georgia!

Diane

6. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Blessed Sunday to all. Preached (sweat like I was in a shower) hell-fire from Jeremiah 19 this morning. Will preach Jeremiah 20 tonight. (Did 17 and 18 last Sunday). Verse by verse exposition is awesome.

You want to get sick and think of God's judgment on America, read Jer 19. We did a special military time (Veteran's Day and we had a boy home from Iraq on leave for a testimony) and communion and I didn't even start to preach until 11:40.

Will check back in later to see wasssuuppp.

7. dianetavegia Guest

Boy what am amazing sermon/ service we had too, Dr. Bob! We had a men's group from Shorter College sing for us acapella (about 8 songs) and then Pastor Rick just about set a fire under everybody to get right with God and get to praying. We had an offering in the two morning services of $93,000.00. That's right. Ninety Three Thousand! Our attendance has doubled in just a few weeks and this was 'I Love My Church' Sunday. Last week was high attendance in Sunday School and we had 632. Last year, this time, we JUST hit 500. AMAZING! Service didn't get over til almost 12:45.

I just feel so blessed! We had 18 in our Sunday School class. Someone asked if Jim and I were going to need a 3rd teacher because of how many we have. We have 27 on role tho.

Hope everyone had such a on fire Sunday. Nick and I have to leave in 4 minutes for discipleship for grades 1-6. That's grown too so I offered to help with crowd control. ;) ;)

BTW... If you ever can catch Jim right as he's posting, tease him. The kids calls him: Hey! Miss Diane's Daddy, Miss Diane's Honey, and Miss Diane's man.

Diane

8. Gib Active Member

So how is Little Miss Diane's Sweetie Pie?

9. dianetavegia Guest

Hey Gib, He's busy tonight finishing a CD of Christmas Music for the Keyboard Gospel Hour. He's going to make the CD's for our College/ High School Praise Band this coming week and then the Puppet Team has a big 'play' coming up with a lot of lines so they're going to pre-record that so the kids don't mess up. Busy boy tonight! The Christmas CD... lady decided she wanted the songs in a different order... and wants it by tomorrow night.

Little Miss Diane's Sweetie Pie is sweet as can be. I'll tell him you said HI. He's traveling to Birmingham the first and second weeks of December for some training.

10. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tired out tonight for certain. Wore a sweater tonight and sweat through undershirt, shirt and sweater! Amazing. But the Word touched hearts.

And all God asked of me is to be a delivery boy, so that really isn't such a hard task.

Doing therapy and then crashing and burning. Will take it easy tomorrow to try to recoup strength.

11. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't know whether to say good night or good morning to those that are up this late. We had good services today at church. But it has been snowing at all day today (about an inch or more), and tonight is expected freezing rain yet. I have two boys that deliver papers early this morning, one of them couldn't afford winter tires yet, and the tires he does have are bald. So, his mother has volunteered to drive him around his route. That will be a 3:00 a.m. start for her.
    BTW, for you fortunate ones basking in the sun in those southern states, we have had a snowpack here for at least a month now that won't be going away until spring.
    DHK

12. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all:

34º here this morning! Brrrrr. I will have to wear my winter coat, hat and gloves on the 'corner' for sure!

Baking pumpkin cookies, to put away for Christmas, after Brent finishes his Paces today. I turn his Paces, for the first quarter, in today so he will get his report card. I have some ironing to do also and, of course, the papers...

Gonna spend a little time on the BB before anyone wakes up and needs something...

§ue

13. dianetavegia Guest

Snowpack! It's 54 this morning! It's to go down into the high 30's later this week but that'll only last for a few minutes each night. Just enough to kill some kudzu and a few mosquitoes!

Ty came in and is fretting in his sleep.... sort of crying. I hated to go back to bed if he was not sleeping well. Now I'm wide awake and he's snoring! Almost time for Nick to wake! Jim leaves for work at 6:00 now so he's home earlier.

14. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Well, my 'quiet time' didn't last long!

Brent woke up at 5:15 after having a bad dream and couldn't go back to sleep. He ate breakfast and is already doing his school work!

15. Gib Active Member

I like to take the occasional day off and do nothing. I won't know what to do with 9 weeks of forced vacation. But seriously, my former boss/friend called me Saturday and wanted to get together today. He didn't say why, but said it would be time well spent.

16. dianetavegia Guest

That's the way it always is, isn't it Sue?

17. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning Diane and Gib:

Yes, Diane! Early morning is the ONLY quiet time I have...Oh well, the sooner the school work is done, the sooner we can get to "our" baking. LOL

Gib: Praying that you will have your job back (or a comparable one) after your vacation!

18. shawna w New Member

Good morning all! Morning Mama! Not much going on here today. I didn't sleep well, so just gonna relax today.

19. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Morning Shawna;

We are baking pumpkin cookies and a "Two Ingredient Cake" today (recipe may be found in the 'Baptist Recipe' thread in this forum.

§ue (Got to get cookin'!)

20. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gib - let's pray it is some new "opportunity" for you!