1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Defending Biblical Dispensational Teaching. What Are Your Questions

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JD731, Aug 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dispies make 'a distinction' between Jew and non-Jew that the scripture states multiple times is not there:

And the Spirit bade me go with them, making no distinction...Acts 11:12

and he made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith. Acts 15:9

even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ unto all them that believe; for there is no distinction; Ro 3:22

For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek: for the same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich unto all that call upon him: Ro 9:12

For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek: for the same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich unto all that call upon him: Ro 10:12

where there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, bondman, freeman; but Christ is all, and in all. Col 3:11

There can be neither Jew nor Greek, there can be neither bond nor free, there can be no male and female; for ye all are one man in Christ Jesus. Gal 3:28

For in one Spirit were we all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether bond or free; and were all made to drink of one Spirit. 1 Cor 12:13

15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
    16 And as many as shall walk by this rule, peace be upon them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God. Gal 6

14 For he is our peace, who made both one, and brake down the middle wall of partition,
    15 having abolished in the flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; that he might create in himself of the two one new man, so making peace; Eph 2

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice: and they shall become one flock, one shepherd. Jn 10

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hear my voice, not the preacher!... The LORD "ALWAYS" beats the preacher to the creature!... That's the work of THE HOLY SPIRIT, who quickenth whom HE will... The preachers job?... Instruct the saved!... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure. The New Covenant upon which all the New Testament churches are based was give to Israel per Jeremiah 31:31-34.

4. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you never heard of remarriage.

That is exactly what Romans chapter 11 says is possible.

5. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul speaking to the Ephesians in the Church Age:

Ephesians 2:4-8
    4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
    5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
    6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
    7) THAT IN THE AGES TO COME he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
    8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.

6. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again there is no Jew or Greek in Christ Jesus

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can easily defend dispensationalism by the different methods people worshipped & will worship God in different ages, or time periods-From the beginning, til God gave the Mosaic law, from that time til Jesus came, & from then thru now-then, the time after Jesus returns, til the millenium ends, then, the hereafter.

8. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn’t change a thing. The two groups are made “one new man” by the cross of Christ. If you believe there will come an “age” when the one new man is split apart into two separate groups again, then you believe the work of Christ on the cross will be undone.

As I stated, I don’t believe that’s possible. Do you?

peace to you

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What will be the purpose of the temple sacrifices then?

10. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    God requires worship in spirit and truth. That will never change.

There is no millennium reign on earth.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I have to admit to being a little disappointed. For a thread devoted to defending dispensationalism and encouraging questions, I haven’t seen any answers beyond “oh, that’s during the church age”.

peace to you

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe that God is obligated to fullfil all of His prophecies?

God has most certainly not yet fulfilled the several prophecies of Ezekiel chapters 35 through 48.

Perhaps you don't believe He is obligated to fullfil His prophecies.

13. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to scripture, God has fulfilled all of His promises to Israel in Jesus Christ.

Do you think Jesus Christ hasn’t fulfilled the promises of God? Is Jesus deficient in some way?

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So you do not take the Lords supper? This is the new covenant;

18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

15. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus said in Matthew 5:17 that He came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets. Ezekiel was a prophet.

Did Jesus fail in His purpose to fulfill the law and the prophets? You must think Jesus failed in His mission on earth if there are prophecies yet to be fulfilled.

Did Jesus fail? Yes or no?

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
  16. Humble Disciple

Humble Disciple Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the pretribulation rapture weren't contrary to the plain meaning of scripture and the post-tribulation rapture premillennialism taught in the early church, I'd probably be a dispensationalist.

The Anabaptists, the historical forerunners of the Baptist faith, believed in premillenialism but not a pre-tribulation rapture, which would have gone against their ethos to endure suffering and persecution in love for Christ.

What did Jesus actually teach regarding the timing of the rapture?

Matthew 24:13
    But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Jesus promised to rapture His disciples who endured to the end of the tribulation, not bail them out before anything bad happens. Imagine if Stephen and the apostles had expected to be raptured.

Matthew 24
    40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

#56 Humble Disciple, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  17. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes people get locked into a mindset from which they can never escape. They assume they have been given the right information and therefore they are asking the right questions. You must open your mind to the possibility that your foundational understanding needs to be tweaked

Before we continue will you please respond to my op. I dealt with God changing his operative principle of divine dealing with Israel away from the law of Moses after the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ in AD 30 in what Jesus said clearly and unambiguously was a fulfillment of that law. I hope you understand that the book of Acts recorded the new dispensation for both Jews and gentiles and the 13 epistles of Paul the apostle explains the history of the book of Acts. The book of Acts records history of the beginning of the church for about 35 years during it's foundational years, the apostolic era. God made the gospel of Christ efficacious to gentiles ten years after he had sent his Holy Spirit from heaven to the Jews to indwell the bodies of those who would believe the gospel of Jesus Christ giving them the life of God, whom they killed and whom God the Father raised from the dead. It was AD 40 before the first gentile was saved and it would not have mattered if Cornelius had believed the gospel or whether he did not before God sent Peter to preach the gospel, and according to Acts 14, Paul said this is when the door of faith was opened to the gentiles. No gentile could have been saved before this because God had not sent his Spirit upon us until then.

God had baptized Israel with the Holy Ghost, whose chief symbol in this context is water, and he sent him in such abundance that everyone could receive him by believing the gospel and in the name of Jesus Christ because they were as a nation and a people immersed in him. In Acts 10 God poured out the Spirit on the gentiles in the same manner and whoever believed would receive the indwelling Holy Spirit from God as a gift. This is salvation. Peter, giving his defense to the Jews in Jerusalem and answering their question why he went to the home of gentiles said as much and it is where I get my information. Read it with me.

2 And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him, (about going to gentiles)
    3 Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them.
    4 But Peter rehearsed [the matter] from the beginning, and expounded [it] by order unto them, saying,
    5 I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me:
    6 Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
    7 And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat.
    8 But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth.
    9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, [that] call not thou common.
    10 And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven.
    11 And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me.
    12 And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man’s house:
    13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;
    14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
    15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them (gentiles), as on us (Jews) at the beginning (beginning of the church and beginning of this (world = age).
    16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
    17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as [he did] unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
    18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

If I were of the persuasion that words do not mean what they say and I was not a dispensationlist, I would anticipate some questions when I read this text.
    1) Why did Peter mention that the Holy Ghost was poured on the Jews in the beginning?
    2) He was referring to ten years earlier when the Holy Ghost was poured out on the Jews, so what was it the beginning of?
    3) If gentiles were being saved all along, what is unique about them being saved in Acts 10?
    4) Why did the apostle Peter say that this baptism of the Holy Ghost on the gentiles was a fulfillment of the prophecy of John the Baptist?
    5) Why is the Holy Ghost the gift of God?
    6) Why is salvation equated by the text as having received the gift of the Holy Ghost from God?
    7) How did Cornelius and his household receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and when did they receive him?

Continued in next post.

18. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now, to answer your questions.

Are there on one peop[le of God, or two peoples of God, Israel and the Churc
    h?
    Israel is the people of God, but they are not children of God. They occupy the OT and have a relationship with God. They are a nation of people and servants of God.
    The church of Jesus Christ is not a subject of the OT prophets and is a mystery hidden in ages past and revealed as a new entity after the resurrection Jesus Christ. It is presented as a living organism, the body of Christ and the bride that is espoused to him and is foreshadowed in an absolutely marvelous way by the story of Adam and Eve, how Adam was put to sleep by God while he took his rib and fashioned Eve from his body and then presented her to him as his bride. This is what happened at the cross when "God has made him to be sin for us who knew no sin that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." The soldier pierced his side with the sword and blood and water came out. The pure blood of God came out which can cleanse us of our sins and the water came out, which is symbolic of the Spirit of God, who can give us eternal life by his eternal presence in us. The life of the flesh is in the blood and the Spirit is the life of God and Jesus shed both on the cross for us as he paid the ultimate price for our sins that day.
    All people who permanently possess the Spirit of God in their bodies are sons of God. This is what it means to be born again.

was the church plan B, aftre thought in mind of God, or always his primary plan?

No, but the inclusion of the gentiles into this body was a contingency based on the unbelief of the nation of Israel.
    Now, I would like to prove that to the person who believes the words of scripture.
    Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles,
    What I am getting ready to quote is directed at gentiles as opposed to Israel, according to the text I am quoting. I keep reminding you that Paul wrote this in 58 AD. The tenses of the verbs are very important when studying the scriptures. Time elements are very important. Events relative to the time is very important. The actual words and to whom they are directed are of utmost importance. See context.

In AD 30 Jesus Christ was crucified and was buried and rose from the dead.
    40 days later he ascended from earth to heaven with a promise he would come back in like manner.
    10 days later God sent the Holy Spirit from heaven upon Israel with the same properties in the spiritual as rain water from heaven is in the physical. No one can live without water and those who live must drink. The rain water falls all over the earth and it falls in such abundance that no one can commercialize and deny it from others and it is always available to be consumed. It rains on the just and the unjust. It is available to all.

Re 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Jn 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
    38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
    39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified)

Now, here is the quote to the gentiles from Romans 11;

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
    26 And so (and so means after the fullness of the gentiles be come in as demanded by the context) all Israel shall be saved (s opposed to a remnant of them as before): as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
    27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
    28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.
    29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
    30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
    31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
    32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

There is safety in believing the words.

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Orthodox Jews believe they're necessary, as they believe the Old Covenant is still in force, & don't believe JESUS fulfilled all the sacrifice laws.

20. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never said it did.

But there WILL be, or Scripture is wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.