1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured "Few be there that find it"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Nov 6, 2017.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Let me give you my testimony of my salvation.

My parents took me to a small Methodist church sporadically as a child. What I took away from those times were Jesus loves me and do unto others as you would have done unto you. Good things for sure, but never heard anything about having to be saved from damnation.

When I was ten years old, one evening I was sitting on my living room floor looking at a Sears Christmas catalog I believe and my father was watching a Billy Graham crusade on the TV. As Billy preached on I was listening. As you know, Billy always stayed on point and preached the Cross of Jesus Christ and salvation. That evening before before falling asleep I prayed to Jesus Christ, confessed I was a sinner, and asked Him to save me.

At that time I never heard anything about Catholicism. Only heard a Preacher preaching the Word of God.

Later in my life at age 33, after going down a path of self destruction, God lead me to the Bible for the answers to life. I began reading the NT from the beginning. Read through Matthew, Mark, Luke and then I came to John and God slammed me when I came to "ye must be born-again". Woe! This is a "must". I never heard this before in my life, if Billy said it, as a child I did not catch that part, but I had to find out what this meant because it was a "must" for salvation. I went on a biblical journey at this point just to determine what this born again was and even if I myself had it.

Long story short, born again is born of God. Born of God is believes Jesus is the Son of God, the Christ. This is a "must be". The "Good Samaritan" is a lesson on Loving thy Neighbor. Ye must be born of God, believe Jesus is the Christ, for salvation from condemnation.

"If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha." (1Cor16:22)

"...for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. (John 8:24)

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." (John 3:36)

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You are the one avoiding a simple request for a bible verse you SWEAR EXISTS, which is a LIE.
    I knock out every deception you throw.

"What way of righteousness is Peter speaking of?"
    Peter is speaking of the way given by Christ,

"What holy commandment delivered unto them is Peter speaking of?"
    34“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35“By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Now my turn, you say there is a bible verse that claims the bible is the FINAL and ONLY AUTHORITY.

Catholics say you are a LIAR. And you will prove it by NEVER PUTTING A VERSE OUT.

I will allow you to put a verse that claims the bible is IMPORTANT.

I will allow you to put a verse that claims the bible is TRUE.

But you are NOT GOING to put a verse that says the bible is the FINAL and ONLY AUTHORITY. That is a LIE you made up. And you going to keep hiding this "LIE" with the truth about OTHER THINGS.

Show us the bible verse that says the BIBLE is the ONLY and FINAL AUTHORITY. Or cough up the truth that this rule is UNBIBLICAL.

#82 utilyan, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is just a statement. Give your reference supporting your answer.

Nice work! It's not correct, however, I like how you used Scripture to interpret Scripture. I thought maybe you would give an RCC explanation for this "way of righteousness", maybe they never gave one, idk, your the Catholic, did they give you one? I will wait until Adonia gives his answer and see if he gets it right before I show you the Scripture which teaches us what the way of righteousness and the holy commandment is.

Start a thread. I just had an eight page personal conversation a few weeks back with a Catholic on this SS topic and he couldn't disprove SS. He wouldn't accept any biblical argument and I wager neither will you. However, all Catholics will always quote the Scripture when arguing their positions. They rail against Sola Scripture and yet they practice it daily in their debating. You have practiced it in this very thread. You didn't pay attention to context but at least you are practicing SS.