Healings Today

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by New In Christ, Mar 26, 2004.

1. atestring New Member

Well, IFyou were sick I would pray for you; Or would you like me to retract that statement? :confused:
    DHK
    </font>[/QUOTE]I do not understand what you are trying to say. Can you clarify yourself?
    I am not sick. If I were ,I would start by calling the
    Elders of the
    Church to annoint me with oil and pray the prayer of Faith.

2. music4Him New Member

Why in the world would I want to play games and if you will please point out where and how I was playing word games? But, I don't need you to answer the question for me, because I answered the question and if you have a problem with my answer its your interpretation not mine. God does the healing not men. But also if I have never seen a person healed I would still believe it with all my heart. I don't see the air I breath but just because I don't see it, it doesn't mean it don't exsist.

BTW, DHK you said:
    You didn't answer my question, because you couldn't give an honest answer without denying your own theology. Where did I not give a honest answer? I just don't think you liked my answer? :confused:

Music4Him

3. steveo New Member

God does heal today but no person has the power to do what the apostles did. Can someone raise the dead now? If we say someone has this power, Lets take them down to the hospital and have them heal all those babies in the emergency room.
    Look at the difference in how the apostles would go any where and heal and the healers today want you to come to the big event at the arena.

4. tamborine lady Active Member

God does the healing and the deciding. If God tells someone to go lay hands on all the babies, then it will happen and they will be healed.

That is where the mistake always comes in. God is, and always has been in charge of WHO and When there is a healing He tells us when to go do it, and He(God) does the healing.

JUST LIKE IT WAS IN THE BOOK OF ACTS!!!

How hard is that to understand!!

:eek: :confused:

Working for Jesus,

Tam

5. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The answer requires a simple yes or no, without any qualification whatsoever. Can you do that much?
    DHK

6. Marcia Active Member

The book of Acts is narrative, and if those healings are for today, then let us see blind people healed so they can see, people with cereberal palsy or muscular dystrophy in a wheelchair be healed, or someone paralyzed from the neck down get healed. These are not the healings you see in the big "healing miracles" shows. As far as I know, no healings like these have taken place and been verified.

I have no doubt God can heal but I am not sure he is using other people to go around and heal like he used the apostles. If so, let's see some evidence of the same kind of healings they did. Because when it was done in Acts, it was to show unbelievers who the followers of Christ were and the healings were very clear and visible.

People in the New Age claim to heal with occult energy methods like Reiki, therapeutic touch, healing touch and other methods, and I ask them the same question: have you healed someone blind, deaf, crippled, etc. Of course, they haven't (and they can't). We should have the same standards for those who claim to heal in the name of Christ.

7. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Another person with word games.
    Just answer the question with a simple unqualified yes or no. Is that difficult. Does God heal the same way today as he did in the NT age such that he heals all that come to him? If your answer is yes, provide the evidence.
    DHK

8. tamborine lady Active Member

The question cannot be answered to your satisfaction, because you don't understand how it worked in the book of Acts.

Working for Jesus,

Tam

9. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If true, then give the evidence. Provide the evidence of a single person who has gone into the ICU of a hospital and healed all the infants in that unit of that hospital. Why do we never hear of such news? Because the gift has ceased.

No one denies that God heals. That is your mistake. No one denies that God is in charge. That is your mistake--and these seem to be false accusations. What you fail to understand is that God does not heal the same as he did in the first century. I am still waiting for the evidence where He heals all that come to a faith healer or to any person such as yourself. Where is the evidence. If you can heal (or if God heals through you), why not go to the hospital and ask God to heal all the people in the hospital. He is merciful and loving. Why would he deny such a request, or is it that your faith is not strong enough??

Just like it is not in the Book of Acts, otherwise you would have no problem duplicating it, or providing the evidence. It is that easy to understand.

This blatant attack on me and my knowledge of the Bible is not tolerated. Address the issue. You are not able to address the issue, (i.e., answer a simple yes or no question) because it destroys your theology. The above answer is your stock answer for your understanding above the Acts, and I have examined it in the light of Scripture for you.
    DHK

10. Bro Tony New Member

Anybody who says that there is no difference in healings today as it was in the book of Acts, lives in a dream world. Acts is a record of transition from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant. Things happened during that time that never occurred again. The miracles were done at the hands of the Apostles, not everyone else. God still does miracles, He still heals but as He chooses. I do believe in Divine healings, I do not believe in "divine healers". If they exist they are cruel beyond description, as they do not go into the hospitals and heal the sick.

Bro Tony

11. tamborine lady Active Member

DHK, you said:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This blatant attack on me and my knowledge of the Bible is not tolerated.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now I guess I really don't understand. Why is it that you can tell me that I don't understand the book of acts, and in your eyes thats O.K.

But if I tell you that YOU don't understand you call it an attack!

I'm not really sure why you call it a blatant attack, I thought we were debating scripture!!

:eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Working for Jesus,

Tam

12. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

First of all you don't know me. Secondly, what you said was an attack on me and my credibility. Thirdly, I am a moderator, and that only makes things worse for you.

I was going to come back and ask you the obvious question that arose out of your post. "How do you understand the Book of Acts. I decided not to because of your many posts, the one in particular that shows me how you understand the Book of Acts. So I posted it instead, and pointed out your fallacies in your understanding of the Book of Acts as it relates to spiritual gifts. It is that simple.

BTW, if you must know I teach the Book of Acts as a college course, and you have the audacity to tell me that I don't understand the Book of Acts, when you can't even answer a simple yes or no question. You beat around the bush because you know that answering that one question honestly will destroy your theology. You have written me a vitriolic pm accusing me of committing of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit, accusing me of being under a strong delusion, following a lie, that intimates that I am following the antichrist. That's pretty strong stuff coming from one who calls herself a Christian.

Accuse me of attacking you all you want Tam. I am sure that in the court of opinion and in the eyes of God I will stand innocent, especially considering what you have said above. I have basically asked you to answer a simple yes or no question which you refuse to do, and for that I get attacked.
    DHK

13. music4Him New Member

DHK you asked:
    Does God do the healing in the same manner as He did in the New Testament Age, where all that came to the Apostles were healed?
    ------------------------------------------------
    Music4Him says:
    This is a 2 part answer and you know it! The Catholics was good at wording questions like this to justify themselfs or to make people say something that does not line up with Gods word. (please don't take this the wrong way) So I broke it down as a 2 part question. As to me it should be. So if you want only yes or no to your 2 part question here it is in two part fourm.

DHK you asked:
    #1.Does God do the healing in the same manner as He did in the New Testament Age, #2. where all that came to the Apostles were healed?

#1.Yes. (God has always done the healing)
    #2.Yes and No. (Yes the people were healed when they came to the Apostles (according to Acts5:15-16), but No, not by the Apostles own power were they healed, but by God. As it still remains to this very day.)

I really don't care if you don't like the answer, but I do hope you understand where I see this as a two part question?

Music4Him

14. music4Him New Member

I would Like to make a motion that this thread gets closed. How does one do this? Because evidently it is getting way off the topic and no longer being debated without the moderator holding moderate veiws.

15. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This isn't a two-part question, and you know it. It is a simple question, that requres a yes or no. And you won't answer it because in doing so it destroys your theology.
    DHK

16. music4Him New Member

It seems to me that my theology isn't the one getting offended here. I'm also not the one that is flustrated and being ugly to others. To me your question was a 2 part question(trickery),and I chose to answer it with logic.
    Why not let others come in and see for themselfs and see what they think?
    "If" I said No to your question, then that to me would be as bad as saying that God didn't heal and we all know that it is God that heals and He has always been the one to heal.

Now do you understand how I am reading your question?

Music4Him

17. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I'll make it simple for you. Here is what the Scripture says:

Acts 5:16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

Consider the above verse and the way that people were healed. Now the question. Does God heal today in the same way that he did in the Apostolic Age, where they healed all that came to them.
    Does he? If yes, provide evidence of any individual that has the power of God to heal all that comes to him. That is a very simple request, a simple question asking a yes or no answer, and if yes to verify your answer. It is not hard.

Now I will answer it for you since you refuse to do so.

No, absoulutely not. God does not heal today as he did in the first century, such that all that come to any "faith healer" will be healed. If he did operate in such a way you would immediately provide the evidence instead of making this a two part question, and playing such silly word games. It is either yes or no, and the answer is no--he does not heal in the same manner. He heals, but not in the same manner as he did with the apostles in the New Testament. Now that is not such a hard admission to make, is it?
    But it does destroy your theology. It demonstrates that the gift of healing has ceased. It is that one solitary fact that you and Tam refuse to come to grips with.
    DHK

18. music4Him New Member

Consider the above verse and the way that people were healed. Now the question. Does God heal today in the same way that he did in the Apostolic Age, where they healed all that came to them.

Who healed the people DHK?

Music4Him

19. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Acts 5:15-16 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.

16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

God working through Peter healed them. Does this happen today. No, not at all. Has God used your shadow lately to heal anyone?
    DHK

20. music4Him New Member

Acts 5:15-16 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.

16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

God working through Peter healed them. Does this happen today. No, not at all. Has God used your shadow lately to heal anyone?
    DHK
    </font>[/QUOTE]
    Now how hard was that to say DHK. The Apostle Peter didn't heal but God working through him.

And no he hasn't used my shadow to heal no one, but my shadow has been known to scare the wits out of my hubby sometimes. Hummmmm would hicups be concidered :eek: ......oh... never mind. LOL

Music4Him