1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God Insincere With The Gospel Offer?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SavedByGrace, Feb 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly. So your assertion that God wants EVERY human being to hear the gospel is clearly not accurate. If God wanted, rocks and trees and donkeys and birds could have preached the gospel to those “millions” that die without hearing the gospel, correct?

peace to you

2. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    your argument is moot! God "wills" that no human being is ever lost. What happens to those who never had the opportunity to hear the Gospel, is a Mystery. It is very possible, that God, being God, Foreknows all things, and would therefore know if the people who have died without hearing the Gospel, would have accepted or rejected the Gospel Message, and accordingly they go either to heaven or hell. Here is a question for you, do you believe that God will send all those who are born with mental problems, who know almost nothing, to eternal punishment? Those born with brain damage, are they condemned to the eternal flames of hell?

3. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    and you know that God has not done this? He fed the OT Prophets by the birds delivering their food, so why not? God is without limits!

4. Strannik

Strannik Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout all the world, as a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
    (Matt.24:14)
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    24 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for you, and I make up for the lack in my flesh of the sorrows of Christ for his body, which is the Church,
    25 To which I became a minister, according to the economy of God, which was entrusted to me for you, that I might fulfill the word of God.,
    26 a secret hidden from ages and generations, but now revealed to his saints,
    27 To whom God has been pleased to show what riches of glory are in this mystery to the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory,
    28 Whom we preach, admonishing every man, and teaching all wisdom, that we may make every man perfect in Christ Jesus.;
    29 For this reason I labor and strive by His power, which works mightily in me.
    (Col. 1: 24-29)
    -------------------------------------------
    Well, here we see that the Gospel will be preached to all nations necessarily, which means that an individual person must also hear It.

5. Strannik

Strannik Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In those who do not hear the Gospel, the Lord God Himself judges with a different judgment than the Church.
    --------------------------------------
    13 But God judges the outsiders. So, cast out the corrupt one from among you.
    (1 cor.5:13)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    11 For there is no partiality with God.
    12 Those who have sinned without the law will be outlaws and will perish; but those who have sinned under the law will be condemned under the law
    13 (for the hearers of the law are not righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be justified,
    14 For when the Gentiles, who do not have the law, do what is lawful by nature, then, having no law, they are their own law:
    15 They show that the work of the law is written in their hearts, as their conscience and their thoughts testify, now accusing, now justifying one another)
    16 On the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secret works of men through Jesus Christ.
    (ROM.2:11-16)
    -------------------------------
    11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from Whose face fled the sky and the earth, and no place was found for them.
    12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and the books were opened, and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged according to what was written in the books, according to their works.
    13 Then the sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and hell gave up the dead that were in them; and every man was judged according to his works.
    14 Both death and hell are cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    15 And whoever was not written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
    (Rev 20: 11-15)

6. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Genesis 18:25, "Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Gospel is the ordained istrument that the Holy Spirit used to enable his own to come to faith in the Lord jesus, and as Surgeon stated, we have no paint on the backs of whom those are to get saved, so preach and treach to all!

8. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    this does not deal with the fact, that the Gospel is to be preached to every human being. Are you saying that if a "non elect" person were to hear the Gospel, and think that this is what they are really interested in, that they cannot be saved? Why will God allow the "non elect" to even hear the Good News, when He knows that they cannot ever be saved? If God is able to send His workers to people like Paul and Cornelius, directly with the Message for their salvation, then surely this same God can make sure that only the "elect" ever hear this Message for the salvation of their souls! Or are you suggesting that God is not able to do this today?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do not know who will get saved, but the Lord does!

10. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never doubt this! However, how can it be sincere, to have the Gosple Message of salvation from sins and hope of eternal life, be proclaimed to the masses, when it is clear that God has no intention in ever saving the same masses who hear that same message! It seems very cold-hearted and deceitful!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are thinking as a Man, and not as God!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    God, that Bible says, SO LOVES the entire human race, that Jesus Christ also shed His Blood for Judas! But this cannot be accepted by some?

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He shed his blood for a devil?

14. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    please expalin Romans 9:11, "What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction"

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See the Pharaoh and Judas!

16. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither example is useful

17. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, I didn't adjust anything. I quoted Matthew 25 and specifically showed that God ordained the goats be sentenced to hell. It directly provided the text being required.
    Second, why did you quote the entire chapter? How does quoting the whole chapter change the fact that the goats are sent to hell by God's ordination?

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting dichotomy.
    God does the work of salvation (I agree), yet, you then castrate God's authority and raise up man over God by declaring that once saved, humans are free to reject their freedom and return back to damnation.

And, apparently all person's who are born with no capacity to hear a preacher tell them of Jesus are always damned due to hell by virtue of their location, but since they never heard, they cannot have ever rejected, which ultimately creates a quandary where a person who neither accepts nor rejects is left in limbo.

Do you ever tire of the mental gymnastics and Bible twisting needed to maintain your sanity?

Rather than just take God at His word, you create an entire legal system of what must happen just so you can pat yourself on the back for the fine job of acceptance you have displayed.

19. Strannik

Strannik Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You will just see in the context of the whole chapter that God does not just expel goats somewhere, but He drove out those who, being called Christians (servants of the King), did not blow away good to the needy, and in general did evil of their own free will.

Just as it is said that those who did good of their own free will, but did not expect any benefit from it, will be justified.

20. Strannik

Strannik Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As we can see, Christians are able to evade and must be brought back to the Truth.
    ----------------------------------------------
    19 my Brothers! if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone should bring him back,
    20 Let him know that he who turns a sinner from his false way will save his soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.
    (Jas.5:19,20)
    ===========================================
    Christians are able to fall into the old age of their sins and leave the Church
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    20 For if, having escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome by them, the latter is worse for them than the former.
    21 It would be better for them not to know the way of righteousness, rather than to turn back from the holy commandment that was given to them.
    22 But it happens to them according to the true proverb: the dog returns to his vomit, and the washed pig goes to wallow in the mud.
    (2Pet. 2: 20-22)
    --------------------------------------------------
    Fallen Christians should even be excommunicated.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    3 But I, being absent in body, but present with you in spirit, have already decided, as if I were with you, who has done such a thing,
    4 in your assembly in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, in communion with my spirit, by the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    5 To deliver up the flesh to Satan, that the spirit may be saved in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    6 You have nothing to brag about. Don't you know that a little leaven leavens the whole dough?
    (1 cor.5:3-6)
    ================================================
    Those who are baptized with the Holy Spirit can fall away
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 for it is impossible For those once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy spirit,
    5 and have tasted the good word of God and powers of the coming age,
    6 and are fallen away, again to repentance, when they again crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh and put Him to.
    7 The land that has drunk the rain that comes down on it many times, and produces grain that is useful to those for whom it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God;
    8 But she who produces thorns and thistles is unprofitable, and is near to a curse, of which the end is burning.
    9 But for you, beloved, we hope that you are in a better condition and that you are holding on to salvation, even though we say so.
    (Heb. 6: 4-9)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And here we see that Christians are able to fall away from the salvation of God.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

26 For if we, having received the knowledge of the truth, sin arbitrarily, then there is no more sacrifice for our sins,
    27 but a certain dreadful expectation of judgment, and the fury of the fire that is ready to devour the adversaries.
    28 If he who rejects the law of Moses, in the presence of two or three witnesses, is punished with death without mercy.,
    29 How much more grievous punishment do you think will be inflicted on him who tramples on the Son of God, and does not regard as holy the Blood of the covenant, by which he is sanctified, and offends the Spirit of grace?
    30 We know him who said: I have vengeance, and I will repay it, says the Lord. And again, the Lord will judge His people.
    31 It is terrible to fall into the hands of the living God!
    (Heb. 10: 26-31)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.