Liberal or not?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Reynolds, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then perhaps you can take that up with Paul.
    Rom 16:1 I commend to you Phoebe our sister, who is a servant G1249 of the church in Cenchrea,
    Phebe, who carried the Roman epistle to its destination, was a deaconess in a local church (Rom_16:1). Wiersbe Bible Commentary

If we held fast to all the qualifications for positions in the church then it is doubtful that we would have many people doing anything in the church. Paul was living in a patriarchal society where women had no standing. I am just surprised that you would think that women should be considered second class in the church. When God says we are all equal and we all can be given gifts of His choosing then who are you to question whom He gives those gifts to.

It just seems I have more faith in the Holy Spirit than some of you on here.

2. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that she should not "assume" the authority and “lord it over” men so as to act superior but I still maintain that if any person is gifted by the Holy Spirit then I will trust what the Holy Spirit has done. As for men they should be the leaders but we have seen how many end up abusing that position and most will not step up.

This is just us going around in circles as you see scripture that holds women back and I see scripture the are equal and gifted by the Holy Spirit. Our points of view are not going to change.

3. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO - I am taking it up with you! -
    So are those two verses in Timothy NOT inspired? or what?

4. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you really think the Holy Spirit does not know what He is doing?

5. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My thought, which was already mentioned here, is that there is spiritual authority in the position of administering the the Lord's supper. It is not a position fit for a woman.

I can envision scenarios where it could be withheld and a woman should not be making that decision as per Timothy.

6. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you see Scripture incorrectly and ignore passages so I really don't care what you think at this point to be honest. You ignore Scripture for this "The Holy Spirit Tells Me" theology that leads to all kinds of error.

7. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, we think you don't know what you are talking about.

8. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strawman argument. With your reasoning, we should be ok with Gay Marriage. That is your position taken to its logical conclusion. Gender doesn't matter for anything etc etc

9. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bible is inspired and that is the whole bible so when the Holy Spirit gives gifts to various people then I trust that He knows what he is doing, don't you?

Gal 3:26-27 tells me we are all the same in Christ Jesus and 1Co 12:7-11 shows me the Holy Spirit distributes various gifts to be used in and for the enrichment of the body. You want to hold that women are second class Christians that is your choice but it is not mine.

Would you not consider prophesying to be a form of teaching, I do. 1Co 11:5 But every woman who prays or prophesies...

10. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just going by scripture.

11. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now you are being insulting, but that is the last resort for those that have a failed argument.

12. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, scripture shows me what the Holy Spirit does and since He is God, well do I need say any more?

13. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you mistake works of the flesh for works of The Spirit. Are you really going to try to continue your argument that The Holy Spirit acts in opposition to The Word and defies prohibitions plainly set forth in The Word?
    You know, snake handlers think The Holy Spirit has anointed them to handle rattlesnakes.
    If you see an action that opposes the plain command of Scripture, rest assured it is NOT the Holy Spirit doing it.

14. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good - but when are you going to answer my orginial question? If a woman has a wife - is that a problem?

Lets take verses in context!

Lets look at Heb 5:13
    For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
    Paul tells us that we are NOT all the same - some need the milk some need meat.

and where am I saying that women are second class Christians

Are men second class people because they cannot birth a baby?

All men are not qualified to be a pastor or a deacon - does that make them second class?
    Even some women cannot bare children- are they second class.

You even mentioned " When God says we are all equal and we all can be given gifts "
    NO - we are not all equal - some have multiple gifts -others may only have one gift
    IF we were all equal - then we would ALL have all the gifts - but we are NOT equal

Now please be equal and please answer my question from the first paragraph in this post,
    which I originally asked in post # 74

And while we are at it - are you a member of a Fundamental Baptist church?

15. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually I was dead serious.

16. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No you aren't. You are ignoring Scripture and going on feelings.

17. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe Pauline Epistles are inspired?

18. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well if you do not want to trust what the Holy Spirit van do then that is your choice.

19. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder why Silverhair refuses to answer my questions?????

20. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gentlemen we can go around this circle until we are all called home and it will not change what I see in the bible.

If a woman has a wife - is that a problem? It is a sin.
    NO i am not FBC.

You want to see this from one point of view I see it from another. That is just the way it is. You say you see scripture as inspired so do I.