Me toooooooooo?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by exscentric, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They do if they are asked.

Sure, he could do that.

That is clearly false. Allegations have been made. The FBI could gather the facts and interview the alleged victims and any corroborating witnesses and issue its findings to the White House and the committee.

For about two years. They, along with the Special Counsel, have made a lot of progress. A number of guilty pleas, successful prosecutions, and likely much more.

Republicans didn't mind "stalling" for 422 days to replace Scalia on the Supreme Court to prevent President Obama from having his nominee even considered. Republicans have NO moral ground to stand on to complain about delay tactics.

I realize that many people -- even professed Christians -- are willing to forsake the teachings and calling of Jesus and endorse any evil by making an appeal to abortion.

The White House and the committee need to take the issue of sexual assault seriously by either investigating these allegations or nominating a different candidate. We didn't have allegations like this with Gorsuch, unless you are believer in the Q Anon sham.

For many Christians, this is really about the character of the Justices on the Supreme Court. There are many pro-life judges and other qualified persons Trump could nominate. Let him nominate someone else.

There is a shred of credibility here, so it is an issue. For the sake of Kavanaugh's reputation, for the sake of the Supreme Court's reputation, for the sake of the American people, and for the sake of all of those who have been sexual assaulted, this issue needs to be investigated.

So, in your mind, only Kavanaugh can make a difference? That's foolish.

2. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no credibility. This is the same trash thrown at Justice Thomas.

3. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If there is no credibility, why are you afraid of an investigation? And speaking of Thomas, George H.W. Bush asked the FBI to reopen the background investigation of Thomas when Hill's charges were made. So thanks for pointing out the precedent.

4. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A d what did Joe Biden say about the FBI investigation. You simply do not stall nominations based on unsubstantiated accusations. There is absolutely no credibility here.

5. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And now we have a third accuser who said she was at several parties where the judge and his friend were gang raping women. And she never reported this to the police of course......just kept going to their parties.

6. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So we are asked to believe this kind of a person who did not provide intervention of any kind to the rape victims?

Did she actually admit to this?

7. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Biden was wrong then and is often wrong now. I didn't know that Joe Biden was your moral compass.

You claim lack of credibility, I claim that there is credibility. Therefore, let's have an investigation to nail down what facts are actually in evidence.

8. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So as a teenager, you never stood by as someone was being bullied? You never avoided alienating yourself from everyone you knew to take up a losing cause where you would be attacked and shunned by most people around you?

You must have been an outstanding teenager, full of maturity and moral courage, who could easily navigate such a difficult situation without fear.

9. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry BB you have the wrong guy. As a grammar school-Jr high kid I grew up in East Boston, ran with a gang (The Tojo Twins). I did the bullying.

I had a baby face, so at first I was the victim until my cousins (the original Tojo Twins) taught me to fight and I became the bully with a reputation.
    That's not good either because someone always wants to topple you.
    However I learned to love to fight and looked forward to the fisticuffs after school (once in the hallway).

Later in California where I was sent to live with an aunt and uncle to avoid reform school I wore their patience thin (fights in school, drinking, etc) then at the age of 17 I was forced into the military (had a really bad fight in basic training, almost lost my left eye) and was saved 2 years into my enlistment and my life was turned upside down.

Addendum: Tojo Twins:East Boston slang for "Irish Twins" two kids in the same family with birthdays less than a year apart. As it turned out we were all three in the same grade.

10. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The accuser has the burden to establish credibility. The accuser has the burden of proof. She has not established any level of credibility.

11. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I protected the two biggest nerds in the class. I didn't let anyone mess with them.

12. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We don't judge accusations by our feelings. Credibility can only be determined by evidence. Otherwise, the claims are worthless.

13. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thank God that your life turned around.

But you did a fine job of making my point. We can't discount the word of a teenager simply because they did not have the moral courage or agency to change the circumstances that they were in.

14. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And an investigation could establish her credibility or lack thereof. The first victim has submitted sworn statements from witnesses attesting to her story from well before Kavanaugh was selected for the Supreme Court. That counts for something.

15. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As soon as someone puts forth some evidence I will listen, otherwise accusations are worthless. You have to understand how passionate these left wing loonies are. They feel they are doing a greater good to sacrifice themselves just to bring down those trying to hold this country's moral values together. We wrestle not against flesh and blood, this is evil verses good. Evil will always accuse without evidence. Ask Jesus. You will not find republican women making accusations without evidence. Those women accusing Bill Clinton had tons of evidence and the same Dems lifting these women today up as heroes shredded those women with real evidence to pieces.

16. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I commend you for that. The fact that you had to protect them reveals that teenagers can be shockingly cruel and harm others without any moral reflection on the implications of what they are doing. And not everyone has others looking out for them.

17. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree completely.

Yes, let's have the FBI do an unbiased investigation and collect whatever evidence there is.

18. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You already decided she is credible, without any evidence. You are just like the Senators, you don;t care about evidence, you and they would not care what the FBI has to say, you already judged her credible..

19. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evidence is coming forward. Moreover, the resources of the FBI to investigate without bias can do a better job that the media and the victims.

Republicans should be better than Democrats. Therefore, they should request the FBI to do an investigation for "real evidence" and not "shred" women who allege that they were victims.

My first wife was drugged and gang-raped by boys at her high school during the same era, before I met her. Unfortunately, she was so shocked, humiliated, and degraded, she did not report it to authorities. She also knew that the teen boys were extremely well-connected in the community and that it would essentially be her word (a teen girl who now has a bad reputation) against a number of boys (sons of community leaders and wealthy families in the region). She did not report, but it devastated her emotionally. I found out about it when we were dating in college, and I pushed her to report it. However, she had no evidence and it had been about four years since it had happened. Moreover, she did not want to relive the trauma again in a public forum for a case that almost certainly wouldn't go anywhere. She went through counseling, which helped, but there was an enormous amount of damage to her self-worth and self-esteem.

Beyond that case that was actually in my family, I have know quite a few other victims of similar attacks from that era.

I certainly hope that all of you who are bashing the people coming forward are aware that you may be harming loved ones, church members, and non-Christians who are reading this forum who have suffered sexual abuse.

20. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is evidence from sworn affidavits for the first accuser, for instance. In the context of this discussion, credibility means that what she has said may be true and should be investigated. It does not mean that I accept her claims without more information. That's why I have CONSTANTLY been an advocated of investigation with all parties under oath.

Nope. You are wrong.