Me toooooooooo?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by exscentric, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ha ha ha:Laugh

2. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you gots allota political hacks walking around... and ready to kneecap ya! It’s enough to make a judge cry :Cry

3. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Whoa, there it is. Just like the Dems, you made up your mind without any further investigation even though you presented yourself here as being fair and just wanting to know all the facts first. You let it slip brother.

4. Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They look pretty pleased before & during, I’d say. Not appropriate behavior, but it’s who they are.

5. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't let anything slip. I realized that I personally don't need to know whether or not Ford's allegations are true. That post was the place where I actually fully formed my opinion and came to a conclusion.

You were the one who actually got me thinking carefully about the way Kavanaugh handled himself. I was more focused on Ford's testimony and either nailing down her allegations or refuting them, but you pointed me back to his belligerent tone, his 'massive left wing conspiracy' statement alleging his troubles were because of people disappointed in the outcome of the election as well as somehow involving the Clintons. I realized that he was not going to be able to make unbiased judgments if he sat on the Supreme Court. His attack and evasion regarding a question about whether or not he might have had memory lapses while drinking heavily makes me think he was lying, as well as his unconvincing explanation of the slang he and his buddies used on his calendar and yearbook. I also have a high school yearbook with lots of coded references to drug usage and drinking (1982), so I'm quite familiar with that sort of thing. Moreover, he was evasive about the drinking age in Maryland and the legality of his use of alcohol.

I couldn't vote for him for elected office, but less want him on the Supreme Court. Let President Trump select another candidate. His has a list of candidates that he published during his campaign. There are plenty of fine people on it.

6. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is it not appropriate for people to greet each other warmly and have conversations? I'm quite sure you will see Republicans doing the same thing before and after the hearing if you go back and look at the video.

For instance, you see plenty of smiles on Republican and Democrat faces before and after the Senate Committee vote.

Do you realize that people even smile and laugh at a funeral of a close family member? Why? Because of the joy and comfort we find in each other even in difficult circumstances. A malicious person could take a photo of a family members laughing just before or after a funeral of a loved one and then claim that family members were happy the person had died. But that would be evil, wouldn't it?

7. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is being done to Justice Kavanaugh is an i justice and a tragic commentary of our political system further it has revealed the evil that is the Democrat party in blatant form.

8. exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One might wonder why these three self declared victims get a special FBI investigation instead of going back to the local police like any other victim has to do.

9. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because this is a background investigation, not a criminal investigation.

10. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't think he was belligerent. I would be quite perturbed if ten partisan lefties determined to portray me as a rapist for political purposes slandered me one after another and caused half the country's left wing nut jobs to harass my wife and children. "Belligerent"? I think not. Righteous anger is what I seen.

He has an impeccable lengthy record which ALL of his peers, both democrat and republican, agree. You are buying into what those few nuts in the committee are saying. More slander. Don't let them deceive you brother.

I was a foolish drunkard in my youth. I can relate to his experience with drunkenness. I never blacked out drunk. I did fall asleep, but I never had an experience when I did not remember what i had done. In fact, I call bs on people who claim they were too drunk to remember what they had done while drunk. It is an excuse, a lie, trying to blame the alcohol rather than taking responsibility for their actions.

Can you believe this?! Forget about his 35 year record of pristine service as a clerk and judge. Let's see what goofy things he wrote in his year book when he was sixteen. Seriously, that is sad.

This will be the seventh time he has been investigated. And now we are digging into the man's high school immature behavior. High school!! Does anyone have any common sense anymore? BB, don;t let these loonies drag you into their demented views. Come back from the edge brother.

11. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Enough already with this nonsense. The man has been accused of CRIMES. CRIMES are what the loonies want investigated. CRIMES are what the FBI is looking into.

12. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. But we are well past the statute of limitations.

I don't know about the "loonies", but sane, reasonable, thoughtful, honest, and intelligent people also want the incident investigated.

Fundamentally, what is being investigated is whether or not a person nominated to serve on the Supreme Court is being honest about his past. If he is lying under oath, he should not serve and is in peril of prosecution, as are all of the persons who are testifying.

13. Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obviously, that is a matter of opinion.

No, I took seriously what you have previously written and I started considering his testimony aside from the actual allegations against him. I simply do not find many of his answers credible.

Are you certain of that? Blacking out my feel subjectively similar to "falling asleep."

As someone who didn't drink in high school, but was around a lot of people who were drinking to enormous excess -- many of them "falling asleep" after doing many anti-social things -- I know that there can be memory impairment.

I know a classmate who does not remember her junior year of high school, except for a few fleeting memories here and there. She has a severe alcohol and drug problem. She ended up coming to faith and working through her addictions, but the memories never came back. Most of her knowledge of that year comes from what others have told her and the high school yearbook, since she was a cheerleader. In every photo, she is glassy-eyed.

It is relevant because of what is alleged. It is evidence that things are not quite the way he claims.

How many times have the Clintons been investigated?

14. Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If anyone has the time, this is a pretty good read inspired by these hearings from a respected author & professor:

Epitaph for a Dying Culture

15. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed.

"All scour their past— "
    Lots of soul searching on both sides of the aisle.

16. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I guess we will soon see how well your ability is to judge character. Let's see what the FBI has to say.

17. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    Thie thread will be closed sometime after 4 PM Pacific.

18. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.